2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Happy I made the switch from Toyota

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I've had this truck for over 3 years and have been very happy. I had a 99 Tacoma before this, but didn't like the Toyota's smaller size, rougher ride, and poor driving position. The seats in the Frontier are quite comfortable. Engine is more than adequate - even at a mile high. Had a bit of a problem with a mysterious squeak for a while early on, but after several attempts the dealer found the hood was rubbing against some rubber bumpers. Had a peek at the brakes when I replaced the tires last month. These things still have 80% life left front AND rear! I'm averaging 20-21 mpg combined city/hwy driving with the 4WD V6 Auto. I must say the interior is pretty cheap -- the plastic dash & panels scratch easily. Just put a new set of Yokohamas on, so hoping to get 50-60k from them like the original tires.Well done Nissan!"

highly recommended for the average home owner.

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Drives great. Has the pickup of a sports car."

Cons: "The down side is this truck has a lorge turning radius, not good in a tight spot."

"Great truck, just the right size and has plenty of power. will almost do the job of a full size. Have not had one bit of trouble since owning this truck."

Nice truck

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good power, good gas mileage"

Cons: "None yet"

"I really like this truck...6 cyl....SV model...lots of pep and fairly good mileage....20 city 23 highway....handles really well...I down sized from and F-150 crew cab...I'm older now and feel more in control of this truck the Nissan...the F-150 was huge and was nice...but i started having judgement issues because of it's size...depth persception...anyhow....the Frontier is really nice...i would recommend it..."

Has it's problems

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Bought the PRO4-X package and have really liked the truck so far. However, my rear wheel seals and pinion seal have all failed in the past week. My wife has an 09 Xterra off road and has also had both of her rear wheel seals fail. Hers went at about 55,000 miles. Both vehicles were taken care of under warranty, but this tells me there are serious problems with the design of the rear axle. These seals should not be failing this early. The dealership has no explanation why it's happening either."

Excellent Ride

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Appearence, Style and Overall Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"We were quite surprised how well this vehicle handles and performs on the road. Nissan put a really nice package together called the value package for the SV model. It comes with many of the accessories that were not part of any package in the past. It includes trailer towing package, SIRIUS XM, Sonar System and Back-Up Camera, Spray-in Bed-liner, and much more. I do miss the power seats and lumbar but it’s not that big of a deal. When I compared all the specifications to the Toyota Tacoma I think you are getting a lot more truck for the money. The chassis is a complete box channel frame compared to the Tacoma’s C channel frame. The Frontier also comes with front and rear disc brakes as a standard feature. I drove both and I think the Frontier is much better than the Tacoma. My truck is equipped with the V-6, Automatic Transmission and this truck is very fast and powerful. If you are looking for a all around good truck I would strongly recommend this truck."