• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Nice truck

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good power, good gas mileage"

Cons: "None yet"

"I really like this truck...6 cyl....SV model...lots of pep and fairly good mileage....20 city 23 highway....handles really well...I down sized from and F-150 crew cab...I'm older now and feel more in control of this truck the Nissan...the F-150 was huge and was nice...but i started having judgement issues because of it's size...depth persception...anyhow....the Frontier is really nice...i would recommend it..."

Tough truck for off road construction

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "designed and built to be tough, good value"

Cons: "none for me."

"This is a tough truck for working in a tough environment. I take it off road, up and down steep hills, over rock in cold, slushy conditions, hot, dry dusty conditions, and it just keeps on going. Other than putting large, deep tread tires and skid plates on for my construction job, I have not had any problems. I recommend this truck without reservation."

great economical truck

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great economical truck"

Cons: "king cab is not large enough for kids"

"The 2008 Nissan Frontier SE Truck is economical and is quick to pick up speed. I have owned this truck for 3 years and have never had to have any major work done, just usual maintenance of the vehicle. It runs like a champ, and will carry a full load in the bed with no drag. The only con I can think of is the King cab is just not big enough for kids. Even though it has jump seats, there is still not enough room for kids. Also, if a car seat has to be installed for a baby or toddler, then the front seat is not usable because it has to be pushed forward so far to allow for room of the carseat in the back. Other than that, the truck is awesome!"

Solid Truck

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Solidframe,tuned power,reliability,roominess,value"

Cons: "WOT restrction,no Aux input,alarm,lowish clearance"

"I've had this truck for 3 years and 35000 miles so far and is has been very reliable. No problems through the entire ownership so far other than a clicking through the steering column that the dealer is fixing under warranty. The truck feels solid and well-constructed, the doors are heavy and the frame is stiff. The bedliner is useful and durable. The price for a SE V6 4X4 with the value truck package was about 27,000 but I paid 21,300. Great value. The gas mileage is about 17 in my suburban/city driving. The V6 felt weak and would lag when I pressed the gas and it would rev high but not deliver. It felt like a 4 cylinder. Did some research and discovered that Nissan puts a Wide Open Throttle restriction on the engine which apparently cuts power by 33 percent. I bought a superchips tuner $300 and removed the restriction and it is night and day difference. The engine is very powerful and has great grunt and the lag is gone. Before the tuner, I almost sold the truck for a Ram because the V6 power was so abysmal. So the power is now excellent, the lag is gone (especially with overdrive turned off) and I still get about 17 mpg. The stock tires hhydroplaned often, so I bought Firestone Destination A/T and they are excellent. Great treadwear. Ground clearance seemed much lower than my last Tacoma, and I got stuck in deep snow often because the body hangs low. I lifted the truck two inches and it makes a huge difference. The truck didnt come with anything to hook up my iPod to, so I installed a kenwood navigation system which is great. Stock speakers when adjusted correctly are actually excellent. My only complaint is no alarm system or immobilizer came on the vehicle. It was added a year later to the value truck package. I'll add an immobilizer, alarm, and remote start combo soon. THe truck's looks are excellent, especially with the chrome bumper. The steering is very well weighted and speed sensitive. Brakes could be a lot better, they wern't bad for a while, but at 35000 miles, they might need new pads. Also, nissan extended the transmission and radiator warranty to about 8 years, 80000 miles due to some frontiers having cross contamination of fluids. Ill watch out for this. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this truck. I had a 2009 tacoma and a 2010 Jeep wrangler Compareed to these two, the frontier is excellent. It feels a lot more solid than the tacoma and it has substantially more headroom and kneeroom and the headrests are not as obtrusive. And it is cheaper than comparably equipped tacomas and nissan seems more willing to negotiate. The tacoma was a good truck, high clearance and fast, but the Frontier is the better match for me-especially after the superchips tuner and the 2 inch lift kit. Additionally, this Frontier is very safe, according to the insurance institute of highway safety."

Great Truck!! Bought it new. Not one problem.

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sturdy, runs well, attractive"

Cons: "Torque could be improved to handle a manual tranny"

"I love my truck. It's dependable, sturdy, reliable, handles very well. It's comforbable to travel long distances. Very stable when carrying a load. With the 2WD can drive in any weather. Low maintenance. An attractive vehicle. Gets lots of compliments on it's design."

Great Truck!

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Feels Great to Drive."

Cons: "Little tough for a tall guy to get into."

"Owned this truck for almost 2 years. No problems. Will not get stuck in the snow. Could get a little better gas mileage. I am 6ft 2inch tall have a little trouble getting in. Drives great. Lots of pick up. Very comfortable. Looks great.No rattles or vibrations. Sound system is great too. Bluetooth is a good thing to have. I can talk while driving. Had a Dodge Dakota for 12 years I am sure I will have this truck much longer. I would buy another one anytime!"

This is my second

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"In 2003 I bought my first Nissan Frontier. It was the 2000 model/four door. Last year I bought my second Nissan, a 2008 King Cab. both have been great trucks. I still own the 2000 Frontier and it currently has 160,000+ miles. I am the very proud owner of two Frontiers and would have three except I can't justify having three vehicles."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Really enjoy driving this truck. I tow a motorcycle trailer and I don't even notice it's there."

Very good truck

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"I have owned this Frontier since new. It has proven very reliable, with the exception of the electronics. I have had problems with the fuel sensor on numerous occasions, replacing it twice. It will soon be replaced for the third time. Have had trouble with the tire pressure monitors also. The truck likes gas, but it delivers outstanding performance. The engine is a real powerhouse. Have never had trouble getting around in snow as the easy to use 4WD system is excellent. I recommend this truck."

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "Turning Radius"

"I bought it new in 2011. Had to really hunt for just a basic truck. Don't need all the bells and whistles just a reliable truck for light to medium hauling. I found a 4 cyl. manual transmission model (minimizes theft problems on the border). I generally average 25-26 mph. I use to haul mainly. I have been pleased with its handling and comfort."