• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Solid, reliable

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "reliable, good handling, dynamic control feature"

Cons: "few frills, turn radius, small interior"

"The Frontier is a great truck for the money and a decent alternative to the pricier Toyota. The Frontier is considered midsized, but that's a stretch. The king cab model is particularly small and the rear jump seats are not practical for passengers, which was fine for my needs. The driving position is snug, but lends itself to a sportier driving feel. Controls are logically placed and uncomplicated -- if not too basic. There is nothing fancy and there's a lot of plastic. The sound system is adequate but nothing special. The exterior styling isn't awe-inspiring and is perhaps growing a little dated, as it has been relatively unchanged since 2005. However, the lines are clean and the truck does have a solid and substantial look to it. The truck is confident on the road and is easy to drive. The suspension is taught like you might expect, but not uncomfortably so. The highway ride is very smooth. The 4.0 6 cylinder has a nice throaty sound. Fuel efficiency is decent for a truck. Power is more than sufficient -- not neck-snapping, but plenty. The dynamic control definitely makes for excellent handling on slippery conditions. Overall, the truck does the job and won't disappoint despite the lack of frills and styling."

A Great Truck

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

"A Great Truck .....No Problems at all"

Great truck!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Great fuel consumption, reliable and fun to drive."

Good Reliable Truck

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Great Drivetrain, Comfortable ride"

"Handles well and has plenty of power. The only problem I've ever had was a blown axle seal ($300 fix). Paint on plastic body parts does not hold up well to adverse conditions (road salt, sun)"

Very Good Vehicle foir our business uses

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Excellent Work Truck"

"I would recomend this vehicle to anyone"

excellent truck

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I have it for 6 years and its great truck, good on miles"

for a small pick up as good as it gets

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "absolutely no problems. Looks like new both paint"

Cons: "would like 50 mpg."

"Only have 43,000 miles without any problems. Just put one Michlen with aggressive tread and mileage dropped to 17 mpg around town have no idea as to hwy but don't drive it much. Very roomy comfortable interior. 4 wheel discs. terrific qualiy small truck."

ie good car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"very goodcar very helpful"

Great light duty truck

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Great light duty truck"

Cons: "New ones too pricey. 2 wheel drive hard to find"

"We have not had any problems since we bought this truck new. We took a trip to north Carolina and drove straight through, it was a comfortable ride. It easily hauls what we need and is good on gas to boot."

Cool Looking 2005 Nissan Frontier LE

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Performer w/K"

Cons: "Black is hard to keep clean :-("

2005 Frontier LE Black Beauty

"Black beauty with lots of 2WD muscle from the 4.0 Litre V6"

2005 Frontier LE Black Beauty

Has it's problems

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Bought the PRO4-X package and have really liked the truck so far. However, my rear wheel seals and pinion seal have all failed in the past week. My wife has an 09 Xterra off road and has also had both of her rear wheel seals fail. Hers went at about 55,000 miles. Both vehicles were taken care of under warranty, but this tells me there are serious problems with the design of the rear axle. These seals should not be failing this early. The dealership has no explanation why it's happening either."

Very Reliable

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Value, Low Maitnence"

Cons: "Rear Seats Are Small"

Overall really great truck

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Powerful V6, Well Built, Super Reliable"

Cons: "Engine Vibration at Low RPMs"

"I really like the Frontier redesign which started in 2005. I love everything about the truck except that the engine has a good bit of vibration even in neutral at low RPM's. When I first bought it (used in early 2010) I thought it might just need a little tune up, but when I took it to the dealer they said it was just normal for the truck. So, that is the only con I have found and it is pretty minor. For a truck its size it has tons of power and a super sturdy frame. Great looking interior and I really like the hard lines on the exterior design. When compared to a Tacoma (the other truck I was thinking about buying) of the same year I think this is just an all around better value."

Im keeping this truck till' it dies.

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "Handling, fuel economy, stying, clean shifting,"

Cons: "turning radius, tight clutch pedal,"

"Good experiences: It can carry quite a load for its size and handles great. It gets a few compliments for being a "nice truck". The interior makes sense, but the seats could use more lumbar support. I normally go 400 miles before refueling. Bad experiences: I've been towed home three times! Once because a little piece of paper got stuck on an intake sensor, a second time because a crank sensor went out(although It was a quick fix and I knew it was coming),and third because an ignition relay went out. Not to mention two recalls."

GOOD CONDITIONS

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"GOOD CONDITIONS"

highly recommended for the average home owner.

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Drives great. Has the pickup of a sports car."

Cons: "The down side is this truck has a lorge turning radius, not good in a tight spot."

"Great truck, just the right size and has plenty of power. will almost do the job of a full size. Have not had one bit of trouble since owning this truck."

2nd Nissan Frontier SE

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Inexpensive, reliable and a good value. Nothing fancy about these trucks but they just plain work. And for the money, they're hard to beat. I drove my first one back in the late 80's/early 90's until it was pretty much all used up. Still on the second one. No problems in 5 years. No repair bills."

handy pickup

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Purchased new in 2007 and have driven to and from work 100 miles each day total. It will get around 24 mpg , if you keep the speed under 65mph. Mine has 98000 miles and runs fine. the 4 cylinder does not have much pep, but is fine if you can keep out of the 18 wheelers way. i have carried everything from brush to patio tiles, when i made my deck last summer."

PRO-4X 4X4 AT

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"I bought this vehicle brand new and have driven it for 11 months. I can't find anything wrong with the truck. With the 4.0L V6 it is powerful, and with the AT plus locking rear differential it can 4X4. Vehicle selection was not too good at the dealer but I live on a small island. I specifically wanted the AT and king cab so the PRO-4X was the only selection. I can't complain about the truck but I wanted a Tacoma and the Toyota dealership was out of stock. I believe the Frontier to be of great quality and dependable."

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"The worst truck i have ever owned multiple manufacturer defects. problem with radiator wears a hole over time doesnt matter how good you take care of it. coolant will leak into your transmission and your engine wich will basically ruin your whole truck. i have spent 6,700 dollars over this last month getting all this repaired and its only 2,000 miles over the 80,000 mile warranty. DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK."

Dont buy this truck

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"I bought my truck with 9k. at 42k the radiator busted it mixed the trazs fluid and antifreeze. I called nissan they said it was no longer under warrenty. @54k the universal joints went out front drive line and rear. @88k my tranz went out costed me $2400 to get new cluches put in. @90k my fuel relay started acting up and 75% of the time i dont know how much fuel the truck has.. problem is nissan has recalls out for every problem that my truck has but they only cover them to 80k. I called nissan they would not cover anything or fix any problem. I took my truck to my local dealer to have some work done and when i picked it back up i had two flat tires. I took a online survey and gave them a unsatisfactory and was asked not to bring my truck back to them? I cant understand why a company would treat their customers this way.."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"After 4 years and 132,000 still extremely please. Would absolutely purchase again. Very powerful engine allows for towing like a dream. All those people in Utah & Colorado with their matching green Toyota Tacoma's don't know what they're missing!"

Great Little Truck

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"This truck has successfully gotten me to school on all but one occasion, and that was due to a battery dry cell. It gets decent gas milage, but changing the oil is a royal pain - I think you have to have an extra joint in your arm to do it as easily as you can in a Ford truck. Three days a week I travel an hour and a half to school through the mountains, and the accelleration this truck has is awesome for passing slower vehicles, but somehow it sticks the curves better than many cars. It can fly down the dirt roads, but it does have some issues successfully moving around in the snow and ice. I would prefer a 4-wheel drive and a tow package, but what this little truck does, it does exceedingly well! When I trade, it won't be for a necessarily better truck - but a bigger truck."

save your cash...

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"2008 frontier . this truck is under powered even with the 4.0. Granted mine has a 2" lift and bigger tires, but i lose speed at even the slightest of grades. I have the 6 spd manual and only get 15 mpg at best on highway. In the winter it drops even more. Speaking of winter, if the road is iced up or slick good luck stopping. the abs on this truck is pathetic. i have bfg all-terrains. think its a engineering problem cause dad's old pathfinders did not want to stop either. other than that its a cheap truck at a decent price and can tow a lot for its size(has the titan frame). but i say save your money for something else such as a v-8 which has more power and gets much better mpg. this motor is that sad. dont beleive the hype. Reliability is great though:)"