• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Solid Truck

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Solidframe,tuned power,reliability,roominess,value"

Cons: "WOT restrction,no Aux input,alarm,lowish clearance"

"I've had this truck for 3 years and 35000 miles so far and is has been very reliable. No problems through the entire ownership so far other than a clicking through the steering column that the dealer is fixing under warranty. The truck feels solid and well-constructed, the doors are heavy and the frame is stiff. The bedliner is useful and durable. The price for a SE V6 4X4 with the value truck package was about 27,000 but I paid 21,300. Great value. The gas mileage is about 17 in my suburban/city driving. The V6 felt weak and would lag when I pressed the gas and it would rev high but not deliver. It felt like a 4 cylinder. Did some research and discovered that Nissan puts a Wide Open Throttle restriction on the engine which apparently cuts power by 33 percent. I bought a superchips tuner $300 and removed the restriction and it is night and day difference. The engine is very powerful and has great grunt and the lag is gone. Before the tuner, I almost sold the truck for a Ram because the V6 power was so abysmal. So the power is now excellent, the lag is gone (especially with overdrive turned off) and I still get about 17 mpg. The stock tires hhydroplaned often, so I bought Firestone Destination A/T and they are excellent. Great treadwear. Ground clearance seemed much lower than my last Tacoma, and I got stuck in deep snow often because the body hangs low. I lifted the truck two inches and it makes a huge difference. The truck didnt come with anything to hook up my iPod to, so I installed a kenwood navigation system which is great. Stock speakers when adjusted correctly are actually excellent. My only complaint is no alarm system or immobilizer came on the vehicle. It was added a year later to the value truck package. I'll add an immobilizer, alarm, and remote start combo soon. THe truck's looks are excellent, especially with the chrome bumper. The steering is very well weighted and speed sensitive. Brakes could be a lot better, they wern't bad for a while, but at 35000 miles, they might need new pads. Also, nissan extended the transmission and radiator warranty to about 8 years, 80000 miles due to some frontiers having cross contamination of fluids. Ill watch out for this. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this truck. I had a 2009 tacoma and a 2010 Jeep wrangler Compareed to these two, the frontier is excellent. It feels a lot more solid than the tacoma and it has substantially more headroom and kneeroom and the headrests are not as obtrusive. And it is cheaper than comparably equipped tacomas and nissan seems more willing to negotiate. The tacoma was a good truck, high clearance and fast, but the Frontier is the better match for me-especially after the superchips tuner and the 2 inch lift kit. Additionally, this Frontier is very safe, according to the insurance institute of highway safety."

Great Truck!! Bought it new. Not one problem.

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sturdy, runs well, attractive"

Cons: "Torque could be improved to handle a manual tranny"

"I love my truck. It's dependable, sturdy, reliable, handles very well. It's comforbable to travel long distances. Very stable when carrying a load. With the 2WD can drive in any weather. Low maintenance. An attractive vehicle. Gets lots of compliments on it's design."

Great Truck!

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Feels Great to Drive."

Cons: "Little tough for a tall guy to get into."

"Owned this truck for almost 2 years. No problems. Will not get stuck in the snow. Could get a little better gas mileage. I am 6ft 2inch tall have a little trouble getting in. Drives great. Lots of pick up. Very comfortable. Looks great.No rattles or vibrations. Sound system is great too. Bluetooth is a good thing to have. I can talk while driving. Had a Dodge Dakota for 12 years I am sure I will have this truck much longer. I would buy another one anytime!"

This is my second

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"In 2003 I bought my first Nissan Frontier. It was the 2000 model/four door. Last year I bought my second Nissan, a 2008 King Cab. both have been great trucks. I still own the 2000 Frontier and it currently has 160,000+ miles. I am the very proud owner of two Frontiers and would have three except I can't justify having three vehicles."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Really enjoy driving this truck. I tow a motorcycle trailer and I don't even notice it's there."

Very good truck

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"I have owned this Frontier since new. It has proven very reliable, with the exception of the electronics. I have had problems with the fuel sensor on numerous occasions, replacing it twice. It will soon be replaced for the third time. Have had trouble with the tire pressure monitors also. The truck likes gas, but it delivers outstanding performance. The engine is a real powerhouse. Have never had trouble getting around in snow as the easy to use 4WD system is excellent. I recommend this truck."

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "Turning Radius"

"I bought it new in 2011. Had to really hunt for just a basic truck. Don't need all the bells and whistles just a reliable truck for light to medium hauling. I found a 4 cyl. manual transmission model (minimizes theft problems on the border). I generally average 25-26 mph. I use to haul mainly. I have been pleased with its handling and comfort."

Really Great vehicle!

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "handles well"

Cons: "I dont have heated seats or a sunroof-"

"I'v had this truck for 8 years and have only put a little over 100,00 miles on it. She has a lotta years left on her. No hiccups in 8 years, not one break down or unreliable moment. Realy awesome car & its cute & stylish as well!"

Good value for features and performance.

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "good value for features and performance."

"Good in snow. Tow a 17' boat with this truck. About 2500 pounds without any issues. A bit sluggish towing at highway speeds when on inclines. You can expect 17-18 mpg in town and about 12 while towing. My Pro-x has all the bells and whistles-leather, sun roof, heated seats, locking differntial, enging brake. Have driven for about 18 months with no mechanical issues. I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to my Nissan purchase that had mechanical issues all the time."

It is the third Nissan truck I have owned.

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, good braking,"

Cons: "rearview field of vision could be better."

"This truck will haul hay and take u to the store. All with good mileage, power V6, and with the 4-wheel drive if it snows no problem. I really like my truck. It also holds its value for resale.Very good driving visibility and ride height too."

4 cylinder engine is doing great

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "4 cylinder fuel economy, ride, truck capability"

Cons: "4 cylinder is a bit loud"

"2012 Frontier SV 2.5L 4 cylinder - More than enough power for the daily commute (80 miles) and lets me drive 490+ miles per tank at 65 mph. Hauls 1,000 pounds in the bed without a problem. 154 horses isn't much but the 170+ foot pounds of torque more than make up for it. The V6 is much faster and quieter but just does not achieve the fuel mileage in town or on the highway as does the L4. Ride and handling are great. Not a fan of 4 cylinder motors but this one will do just fine for light to medium truck duty."

Very Good truck Very happy

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

"Very good all around truck, 4x4 was great in the snow better than I hope for, very comfortable on long road trips I get 18/22mpg V-6 auto, 28 months 21,000 miles no problems at all, it has very nice sounding stock CD/Radio"

Great truck

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fast as heck with v6 , bed size"

Cons: "turning radius, passenger space in back of king ca"

"its a great truck the ride and seat comfort is amazing and the v6 puts out so much power and so quickly you get shell shock but one bad thing is its turning radius is well , it turns like an 18 wheeler but this is probably the best small truck out there one of the longest lasting to"

Chevy man 37 years

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"After owning a nissan,I"m DONE with Chevrolet,Thats all I got..."

Repeat Buyer

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Runs strong and smooth, looks great, great deal."

Cons: "Wish better MPG, bigger king cab seating in back."

The ladies always call it "a pretty truck". I haven't made up my mind if that's a good thing or not.

"I was so satisfied with my 97 Nissan truck, that I didn't even look at any other trucks when it came time to up-grade to a new (at the time) 6 cylinder 2007 model. I already knew what I wanted, and was very happy with the looks at first sight. The comfortable seating, higher suspension, and larger tires felt like I was in a full size truck. The six speed and 4 doors was an unexpected plus. The low maintenance, reliability, strong power and smooth ride every time I drive and haul things gives me confidence to just enjoy the quiet ride. I know I will enjoy it for years to come and will get many miles out of it just like my last Nissan truck (230K miles) and still running strong. Though I do wish I had gotten more options, better gas milage, and had more room for passenger seating in the back. (Maybe a crew cab)."

Good truck better then competitors

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Strong V6, Reliability, Quality"

Cons: "wish it had better gas milage"

"Strong V6 Pro-4X has great audio system Leather Powered Heated Seats Handles well on any road condition Quiet and Quality Interior"

Best truck I ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Truck is so dependable all that is needed is oil changes"

For the money good truck.

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"Turning radius poor, need longer arm to close door when fully opened v-6 very snappy like IT."

plenty of power!!

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Great truck! only drawback is turning radius. comfortable and fun to drive. nice amenities like bluetooth steering mounted stereo and cruise control. Plenty of power to pull away from intimidaters. Good predictable handling."

this is a very good truck.

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "just a good overall truck"

Cons: "seats are not comfortable"

"my only complaint is the seats are not very confortable."

A fantastic Truck!!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, practicality, fun to drive"

Cons: "Burns a lot of oil"

"I have owned this truck for three years. It has never given me one bit of trouble in any way. I love the power everything (except seats), cruise control, and black bed liner. I added a tinted power sliding sunroof with multiple settings, sunroof wind protector (smoke in color), side window wind protectors (smoke in color), bug guard (smoke in color), low profile (black) tool box, custom tail light covers, black sheep skin seat covers, black dashboard cover, tan and black steering wheel cover, custom copper and black shift knob and black Nissan Frontier floor mats. Since the accents (OEM) are tan and black and the truck itself is Artic White with side moldings, the additions that I made makes this truck a real head turner. I have been offered (numerous times) the purchase of my truck on the spot. It is one of a kind! And with the way the truck performs and handles, it makes my truck VERY valuable. I have always owned Nissan; from Maxima to my Frontier. Nissan simply put...makes and puts out QUALITY cars and trucks!! Thanks!!!!!"

Great, tough truck

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I use it as a commuting vehicle as well as for hunting. It's amazing and very tough. It's great off road and hard to get stuck."

Totally content with this vehicle.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Bought new in 2007 and still feels new. Have no desire for another vehicle. Hope to keep this one for at least 10 years. No major problems. Only replaced tires thus far."

You cannot beat this truck for value

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Cons: "no IPOD Aux Jack"

"Ive had this truck for two years and not had one issue with it. Its great in snow, its comfortable and best of all it was $8000 cheaper than the Tacoma."

great truck