• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Off road, MPG, power and reliability!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought the 2012 pro 4x brand new. I have owned 08 07 and 04 other makes trucks but have found this truck has everything I have ever wanted. I have 6 speed manual transmission. I have taken this truck hunting in the mountains through some of the harshest roads(or should I say goat trails) imaginable. My GPS told me to take a road to get to my hunting spot as the closest path. Needless to say, I found my way on to a goat path about 5' wide and steep cliff on the side. It took me about 3 hours to go 7 miles but was astonished my truck made it as well as with me in it. By the time I realized that my GPS was wrong, I could not turn around and made the decision to not back up because I had gone so far already. I just kept telling myself it was only going to get better, but only got worse. The stock pro 4x got me out and can now share my story. I have never been that scared in a vehicle ever. And I live in Idaho. This truck gives me 19 MPG in town and couldn't ask for a more reliable truck. I push the limits during hunting season and this truck allows me to make it back. I agree with Nissan stating this truck is superb in the off road department. Best truck and I will never get rid of it."

So far so good

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, conveniences, decent fuel mileage"

Cons: "crazy bright odometer and 4x4 indicator lights"

"I bought this truck used. It drives nice. Power for towing a small boat is excellent and my actual calculated fuel mileage is better than expected. Right now around is an average of 18.4 and I often get 21-22 on the freeway. I get over 20 mpg on the freeway towing my boat at 65-70 mph."

This truck is great, i have the king cab nismo.

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "fun, powerful, will last a long time"

Cons: "none so far"

"truck has got lots of snappy power and super fun to go run around in the woods. my check engine light does keep coming on, but i have been told as long as its not blinking its nothing serious. Also a down side is its a short bed so makes taking dirt bikes out."

Priced Cheap Built Cheap

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Very affordably priced"

Cons: "Nissan is disinterested once the purchase is made"

"After 40K miles, lots of squeks, rattles, road noise is really loud, harsh ride, worst sound system I've heard since the old days of the AM only mono radios. Probably the most dissatisfying part of the experience is dealing with Nissan's "customer care" department. Had an issue with a heater fan and waited for over three weeks for a replacement part... for a new vehicle. Absolutely unacceptable. My purchase came down between this Frontier and a Tacoma. Made the wrong choice on this one."

Nissan. Quality is dropping

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Appearance"

Cons: "Overall. Quality is low"

"Problems with paint, washer bottle, blend door motor, fuel gauge, and door handles."