• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

This truck is great, i have the king cab nismo.

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "fun, powerful, will last a long time"

Cons: "none so far"

"truck has got lots of snappy power and super fun to go run around in the woods. my check engine light does keep coming on, but i have been told as long as its not blinking its nothing serious. Also a down side is its a short bed so makes taking dirt bikes out."

Priced Cheap Built Cheap

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Very affordably priced"

Cons: "Nissan is disinterested once the purchase is made"

"After 40K miles, lots of squeks, rattles, road noise is really loud, harsh ride, worst sound system I've heard since the old days of the AM only mono radios. Probably the most dissatisfying part of the experience is dealing with Nissan's "customer care" department. Had an issue with a heater fan and waited for over three weeks for a replacement part... for a new vehicle. Absolutely unacceptable. My purchase came down between this Frontier and a Tacoma. Made the wrong choice on this one."

Nissan. Quality is dropping

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Appearance"

Cons: "Overall. Quality is low"

"Problems with paint, washer bottle, blend door motor, fuel gauge, and door handles."

Great truck with a few minor issues

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Tough truck, good handling"

Cons: "Spark plug change at 100K"

"I have owned this truck since 40K miles where I bought it used from a dealer. It has been totally reliable for me. I changed the plugs at 100K myself (recommended) and it was a bear with extensions and universal swivels but the dealer wanted 350 dollars to do it and wanted to remove the intake but it is doable without that, with a little effort. The only issue now is the fuel guage not working right, It's a common issue but i use to odometer because to fix, the fuel tank must be dropped. After 50 miles or so the guage becomes accurate again. This is a very well built truck and fun to drive with the 6 speed stick. I average 20 around town and 23 on long trips. I plan to keep it till it wears out which might be a very long time!"

Average 4x4, fuel use ok, noisy in side.

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Good high way truck."

Cons: "Poor off road truck."

"Purchased used with 20,000 miles. Transmission Failed after 75,000 miles due to radiator leaking water in to the transmission. Gasket filed in engine causing low oil pressure issues. Timing chain replaced but noise did not abate. $9000.00 in repairs."

great truck

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "a six cylinder with all the power I needed."

Cons: "check engine light was always coming on"

"I cut wood for fun and it would haul a cord of wood with a trailer and go the speed limit both ways. It could go where the wood was with no problems. A drunk hit me a week ago and totaled the truck, after they cut me out I was able to walk away. Now I'm looking to buy another one just like it but not having much luck."

Nice truck

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good power, good gas mileage"

Cons: "None yet"

"I really like this truck...6 cyl....SV model...lots of pep and fairly good mileage....20 city 23 highway....handles really well...I down sized from and F-150 crew cab...I'm older now and feel more in control of this truck the Nissan...the F-150 was huge and was nice...but i started having judgement issues because of it's size...depth persception...anyhow....the Frontier is really nice...i would recommend it..."

Tough truck for off road construction

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "designed and built to be tough, good value"

Cons: "none for me."

"This is a tough truck for working in a tough environment. I take it off road, up and down steep hills, over rock in cold, slushy conditions, hot, dry dusty conditions, and it just keeps on going. Other than putting large, deep tread tires and skid plates on for my construction job, I have not had any problems. I recommend this truck without reservation."

great economical truck

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great economical truck"

Cons: "king cab is not large enough for kids"

"The 2008 Nissan Frontier SE Truck is economical and is quick to pick up speed. I have owned this truck for 3 years and have never had to have any major work done, just usual maintenance of the vehicle. It runs like a champ, and will carry a full load in the bed with no drag. The only con I can think of is the King cab is just not big enough for kids. Even though it has jump seats, there is still not enough room for kids. Also, if a car seat has to be installed for a baby or toddler, then the front seat is not usable because it has to be pushed forward so far to allow for room of the carseat in the back. Other than that, the truck is awesome!"

Solid Truck

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Solidframe,tuned power,reliability,roominess,value"

Cons: "WOT restrction,no Aux input,alarm,lowish clearance"

"I've had this truck for 3 years and 35000 miles so far and is has been very reliable. No problems through the entire ownership so far other than a clicking through the steering column that the dealer is fixing under warranty. The truck feels solid and well-constructed, the doors are heavy and the frame is stiff. The bedliner is useful and durable. The price for a SE V6 4X4 with the value truck package was about 27,000 but I paid 21,300. Great value. The gas mileage is about 17 in my suburban/city driving. The V6 felt weak and would lag when I pressed the gas and it would rev high but not deliver. It felt like a 4 cylinder. Did some research and discovered that Nissan puts a Wide Open Throttle restriction on the engine which apparently cuts power by 33 percent. I bought a superchips tuner $300 and removed the restriction and it is night and day difference. The engine is very powerful and has great grunt and the lag is gone. Before the tuner, I almost sold the truck for a Ram because the V6 power was so abysmal. So the power is now excellent, the lag is gone (especially with overdrive turned off) and I still get about 17 mpg. The stock tires hhydroplaned often, so I bought Firestone Destination A/T and they are excellent. Great treadwear. Ground clearance seemed much lower than my last Tacoma, and I got stuck in deep snow often because the body hangs low. I lifted the truck two inches and it makes a huge difference. The truck didnt come with anything to hook up my iPod to, so I installed a kenwood navigation system which is great. Stock speakers when adjusted correctly are actually excellent. My only complaint is no alarm system or immobilizer came on the vehicle. It was added a year later to the value truck package. I'll add an immobilizer, alarm, and remote start combo soon. THe truck's looks are excellent, especially with the chrome bumper. The steering is very well weighted and speed sensitive. Brakes could be a lot better, they wern't bad for a while, but at 35000 miles, they might need new pads. Also, nissan extended the transmission and radiator warranty to about 8 years, 80000 miles due to some frontiers having cross contamination of fluids. Ill watch out for this. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this truck. I had a 2009 tacoma and a 2010 Jeep wrangler Compareed to these two, the frontier is excellent. It feels a lot more solid than the tacoma and it has substantially more headroom and kneeroom and the headrests are not as obtrusive. And it is cheaper than comparably equipped tacomas and nissan seems more willing to negotiate. The tacoma was a good truck, high clearance and fast, but the Frontier is the better match for me-especially after the superchips tuner and the 2 inch lift kit. Additionally, this Frontier is very safe, according to the insurance institute of highway safety."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25