• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Comfort & Convenience All in One

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Solid Ride & Interior"

Cons: "NONE"

"The Frontier appealed to me more than the others in its class. The vehicle felt more powerful and the handling is great. It is very quiet riding down the highway. The interior looks very good and the body style is better than most. The 4WD suspension stands up high which makes the truck look very appealing. The four speed automatic transmission shifts very smooth which adds to the overall performance. The truck comes with a full sized spare tire on a regular steel wheel. This vehicle fits in a standard sized garage."

Excellent Ride

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Appearence, Style and Overall Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"We were quite surprised how well this vehicle handles and performs on the road. Nissan put a really nice package together called the value package for the SV model. It comes with many of the accessories that were not part of any package in the past. It includes trailer towing package, SIRIUS XM, Sonar System and Back-Up Camera, Spray-in Bed-liner, and much more. I do miss the power seats and lumbar but it’s not that big of a deal. When I compared all the specifications to the Toyota Tacoma I think you are getting a lot more truck for the money. The chassis is a complete box channel frame compared to the Tacoma’s C channel frame. The Frontier also comes with front and rear disc brakes as a standard feature. I drove both and I think the Frontier is much better than the Tacoma. My truck is equipped with the V-6, Automatic Transmission and this truck is very fast and powerful. If you are looking for a all around good truck I would strongly recommend this truck."

Sporty Truck

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependability & Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"We have the 2014 Frontier SV with the V6 Auto. So far this vehicle has been a pleasure to drive. We road tested many others in its class but they could not compare."

Best value of mid-sized 4x4 trucks.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Best price; Equipped; Rides and runs great;"

Cons: "Getting in driver's seat a little cramped"

"I have had absolutely no problems with this truck. I would be hard pressed to buy a Colorado or Tacoma as both are several thousand dollars more and don't deliver as much for the money. The Frontier has all of the amenities and all of the toughness and reliability I want in a truck."

This is an Excellent Truck!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Handling and Performance"

Cons: "Manual Seat Adjustments"

"This is an excellent truck with plenty of get up and go. I bought the new 2014 SV Truck Value Package 4WD with the V-6 engine. The ride is great and the truck is very fast and responsive on the road. The radio and back-up camera with the sonar system are great new features. The 5-Speed Automatic Transmission shifts flawlessly. The fit and trim is excellent. The only thing I would pick on is the manual seat opposed to the power seat."

GOOD LOOKING LIL TRUCK

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great value Looks very Stylish and Sexy Grille"

Cons: "4cyl is lacking power"

"Great truck I bought used in 2010 from dealer only 200 orig miles owner apparently passed away and truck was returned to dealer. I paid $12,999 plus $1100 extra for 10/100,000 warranty. The vehicle has been a wonderful ad to my family! It has stylish good looks and have had no major mechanical issues or fails. Still looks brand new just put new Goodyear tires on and it rides so smooth like a luxury sedan. The only issue is the lack of engine power on the 4cyl need to downshift for freeway passing power. I plan on keeping the truck for a very long time however when that time comes for a replacement I will get a new Frontier with a V6. Great Truck !!!!"

Great pick up for job or family use

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "great price and great to drive"

Cons: "needs a little maintenance"

"Great pick up truck for work or play asking 11500-12000 for it. Needs a little maintenance but overall great. You can fit 4 inside with comfort. Cab has the hidden hinges for easy access to the back seats."

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Off road, MPG, power and reliability!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought the 2012 pro 4x brand new. I have owned 08 07 and 04 other makes trucks but have found this truck has everything I have ever wanted. I have 6 speed manual transmission. I have taken this truck hunting in the mountains through some of the harshest roads(or should I say goat trails) imaginable. My GPS told me to take a road to get to my hunting spot as the closest path. Needless to say, I found my way on to a goat path about 5' wide and steep cliff on the side. It took me about 3 hours to go 7 miles but was astonished my truck made it as well as with me in it. By the time I realized that my GPS was wrong, I could not turn around and made the decision to not back up because I had gone so far already. I just kept telling myself it was only going to get better, but only got worse. The stock pro 4x got me out and can now share my story. I have never been that scared in a vehicle ever. And I live in Idaho. This truck gives me 19 MPG in town and couldn't ask for a more reliable truck. I push the limits during hunting season and this truck allows me to make it back. I agree with Nissan stating this truck is superb in the off road department. Best truck and I will never get rid of it."

So far so good

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, conveniences, decent fuel mileage"

Cons: "crazy bright odometer and 4x4 indicator lights"

"I bought this truck used. It drives nice. Power for towing a small boat is excellent and my actual calculated fuel mileage is better than expected. Right now around is an average of 18.4 and I often get 21-22 on the freeway. I get over 20 mpg on the freeway towing my boat at 65-70 mph."

This truck is great, i have the king cab nismo.

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "fun, powerful, will last a long time"

Cons: "none so far"

"truck has got lots of snappy power and super fun to go run around in the woods. my check engine light does keep coming on, but i have been told as long as its not blinking its nothing serious. Also a down side is its a short bed so makes taking dirt bikes out."