• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Gets 19 miles to gallon"

Cons: "Cramped driving, no leg room, thin paint on body"

"I bought a new Nissan Frontier ,in Riviera Beach Fl. about one year ago, have 22K miles, at 4000 miles went to rotate tires did passenger side first then drivers side second rear lug spun, Service said you touched we're not responsible, Nissan Motor Corp. said they don't have factory defects, they wouldn't fix either. at 6000, miles stereo speakers went out, service said nothing wrong with speakers would not replace, 15000 miles drivers side rear half inch bolt reduced to 3/8 inch thread holding leaf spring to shackle broke, I had a Samsung refrigerator in truck bed, leaf spring failed then passenger side failed, resulting in my paying $660. to reshape leaf springs and add helper spring to correctly fix sprung leaf springs, Service rep said I must have over loaded truck, A Refrigerator? Really. Then last week 6/28/014 battery was dead and had to replace, of course Dealer still wouldn't stand behind factory warranty, It Had a Warranty?"

nice truck

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and nice"

Cons: "nothing"

"its a good truck"

Decent truck but probably never buy Nissan again.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Standard is fun to drive, v6 has power!"

Cons: "Nissan's attitude towards their customers"

"This was an emergency purchase in 2010 (son's car died and I gave him my old one). I'd been looking around for about a year and, despite being an unhappy Nissan auto owner in the distant past, I identified the Nissan Frontier as my next purchase. It had 20k miles on it so I purchased the extended warranty. I'm glad I did because the warranty paid for itself within the first year! Rear axle seal (passenger side) kept blowing out and ruining the e-brake pads (which they refuse to replace under warranty). This happened twice while I was on the factory warranty. I also had to have tie rods replaced and the fuel pump and sensors replaced. I drive this truck about 800 miles a month and most of that is on the highway, I don't off-road or anything. Every Nissan I've ever owned has had some sort of major flaw which has really killed the brand for me."

GREAT TRUCK!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Local driving 17 MPG."

"My wife and I bought this truck and we are very happy with it. We bought the SV with the V-6 engine. It was equipped with the value package which includes a lot of accessories. This truck is very fast and powerful. It is much better than others in its class. We would recommend this truck."

No on 2006 4-cyl motors

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "uncomfotable seats,engine ticks are normal"

"At $25000 miles my 4cylinde started ticking Mostly when accelerating slow.I took it to dealer and for $100 I was told there was a memorandum on this motor the ticking does not affect the motor.I would like to sell it but who is going to spend over 10,000 for a nice looking truck that ticks"

See if you qualify for