• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 400 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

I LOVE my pickup.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Driving it FEELS so natural and very handy."

Cons: "Mileage and backing the seat more. Leg room."

"If I can complain about ANYTHING, I wish it got better than a consistent 20 MPG and the seat could go back even 2 more inches. Otherwise, you can bury me in this truck. I LOVE IT! Totally dependable. Little maintenance need. A Winner!"

Great truck!

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable, comfortable and easy to work on."

Cons: "A/C randomly works and no work?"

"I bought this truck used with 109,000 miles on it. I had this truck for about 3 yrs now and 129,998 miles on it. This truck still runs great and with no major problems. So far, the only problem i had was with the A/C going bad. I replaced the discharge hose (leaking) for the A/C and the thermo control amplifier assembly and now it works perfect. I'm planing to keep this for a while, not thinking of selling it soon."

EXCELLENT TRUCK- VERY SAFE

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"I loved my 99 Frontier. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. All I had to replace was oxygen sensors , oil changes , plugs , filters for cheap repairs. The best part is that my wife survived a head on collision which totalled the truck.The front air bags deployed and the vehicle took the crash very well- the windshield did not even break! This is one tough little truck and if your concerned about saftey, don't be, it passed our safety test AAA+++ I highly recommend this truck and I am in the proccess of looking for another one. There will be no substitue-GOTTA HAVE ANOTHER ONE!! Robert"

ENGINE PROBLEMS

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"From what I have heard my issues were an oddity. my 04 developed a knock somewhere around 20-22k which turned out to be a wrist pin failure. The dealer I leased it from short-blocked it. Ever since then it seems to feel like it has lower power. I did break in the new motor correctly. Other then that the truck has been pretty bullet-proof. It doesnt chew up oil or use antifreeze, I did recently develop a small p/s leak which I used some Lucus product to cure. All in all its decent on mileage. Runs great in the snow and even with its funny looks is not a bad looking truck. It kinda grows on you. I do wish I had waited one more yr to get into the new style but thats life. I gave it 4 stars across the board except reliability if I hadn't gotten the wrist pin issue I would have given it 4's and 5's"

very reliable

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I havent stuck a nickle into my 98 SE 4x4 other than normal maintenance. It has never let me down... ever"