• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 400 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Not for old people

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"Rides like a truck; looks like a truck; must be a truck! Front suspension jars at every bump. Instrument lights are very hard to read on cloudy,rainy days. No dash switch for dome light; very hard to reach around to dome light switch. Ride is very rough. 4 cyl with auto is not sufficient. Mileage is not very good for a 4 cyl. I believe mileage would be just as good with a 6 cyl. Air noise around windows. Wouldn't buy again. Transmission doesn't have a good passing gear. Newwer models may be improved. I hope so!."

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Inexpensive and reliable. I have owned this truck for 6 years and have over 100,000 miles. Only routine maintainence ever. Only complaint is lack of power, should have gotten the 6 cyl."

excellent mid-size truck

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"people keep walking up and trying to buy it from me - deservedly holds value - exceptionally reliable - performance is top notch - bought new and have never once regretted my decision to do so - as far as comfort goes, some might say the ride is a little stiff but IT IS A TRUCK, not an automobile, rides wonderfully as far as I am concerned AND it would not be a good, well functioning truck if the ride were too soft or mushy"

Love my Nissan!!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"This is the best little truck ever!! It is a 2000 XE Frontier King Cab...I drive it daily and it has never let me down..I travel alot and have lots of miles on her. I have never had any unexpected repairs, only regular maintenance, tires/oil, etc. This is by far a great vehicle!! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small truck."

great truck

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"depepndable work truck, goes and goes, ecellent investment for long term use. Only major things I needed were clutch, timing chain, and regular maintenence. Best truck out there inmy opinion."

LUV THIS TRUCK

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"This truck has plenty of power for towing, it gives a great ride, it has never broke down in the 9 years I"ve had it. It gets great MPG. It looks great. It is mistaken for a 2005 + all the time."

Love it

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"i have a buddy who owns a 2007 tacoma 4x4...all the goodies...and we went out to the lake the other day and i found myself waiting for him to try to keep up on the offroading. this truck may be just a 4-cyl but it has guts and is super efficient on gas. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT"

Super little truck, comfortable ride

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Comfortable ride, outstanding condition, no interior wear"

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "good mpg,reliable,pretty much maintenance free"

"First set of tires were changed at 103000 miles. Plugs at 160k miles and really did not need it. It is very reliable and comfortable. I have thought of getting rid of it but have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle. It constantly gets 27-28 mpg in combined driving. I have several Nissans and would continue to buy them. They make a great vehicle."

One of the best trucks I have owned!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "price with reliabilty"

Cons: "noise level,payload,ride"

"The last Nissan truck I had for 13 years a 1990 Pathfinder! The Frontier was the same truck only more modern. Someone hit me in a parking lot and the insurance wants to total it? I don't see a new truck that will compare to this? Why?"

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "very reliable & dependable truck"

Cons: "you can't shift on the fly into 4x4 high."

"I bought this truck used (2nd owner) with 29k I have 97k on it now. It has been trouble free. It still has the original brakes & exhaust, everything! I did have to replace the rear bumper do to rust. No rust on the body and underneath is holding up good. When I am done with this truck my next one will be a Nissan Frontier. I just hope they still make them as good as this one has been for me."

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "great little truck"

Cons: "too small 4 me"

"I bought this 2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab used with 35000 miles I drove it like I stole it overloaded for 6 years now its my wife's daily commuter I have only preformed maintenance I only replaced tires, brakes, belts,windshield wipers and oil & filter every 4k miles that's it it still gets 22 combined mpg 70% hwy"

Will run forever. Great Truck!

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Handles well and can carry a load."

Cons: "Could be more powerful, you'd have to buy more gas"

"I bought this new in 2004. It's a very reliable with no problems ever. I guess I am in the market for a vehicle that I can haul my golfer buddies with me. after nearly ten years with mine. As you can see I haven't driven it very far with only 35,500 miles on it. The only thing I have had done other than routine maintenance was a battery change. I have noticed the belt squealing so that's the next issue. Runs great, fairly easy on the gas, for a truck. Tinted windows and a lid on the back."

best vehicle ever owned!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great truck"

Cons: "a bit guttless in 1st gear."

"put alot of hard miles on this truck and it is the best vehicle I've ever owned. NEVER had to push it. The only reason I am selling it is because I need a 4X4. Great gas mileage. Only had to replace shockes and a battery. It's reliable and will greatly miss it. I'm only going to buy Nissan's from now on. I especially like the fact it has a larger cab than any of the smaller trucks."

Best Truck I have Ever Owned!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Cold AC, Hauls more than you think."

Cons: "AC on in defrost!"

"I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier XE, with approx. 75700 miles. It always starts, cold AC, and good gas mileage. I had one AC hose go bad, and replace it myself. AC is VERY Cold on a 90 degree day. There are a few things that I wish NISSAN did better: 1. AC Compressor will stay on after using defroster. When you switch from defrost back to vent, the AC is still on. The only way to get it to turn off is to turn off the engine. 2. The radio work great, but, there could be a bit more volume. 3. Seats could have been a bit more comfortable. Overall, this is an exelent truck. I hope she lasts for a few more years... Being a NISSAN, she will!"

makes house/yard errands easy

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive, gas milage better than expected"

Cons: "back seat best for accessories, not people"

"I have owned this truck for 2 years and have had no major issues. It's perfect for trips to warehouse clubs, hardware stores and runs to the trash dump. Passenger area is roomy. There is a third seat in the cab, best for a child out of booster seat, but not too big. My 11 year old daughter fits perfect. The best shifting vehicle I have ever driven."

nice truck to customize!!!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "perfect to carry utilities"

Cons: "wen is really loaded, it wastes alot of gas!!"

"really smooth and powerful,and gas saver!!!"

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Easy to drive,"

Cons: "Lower Gas Mileage(18mpg,avg), Light Rear end,"

"This is my first vehicle, I got it for christmas last year, My dad bought the truck from a guy who had DUI's and lost his license so my dad got it for $600 and it blue books at around $4,000 so i cant argue with that. It had the valence broke and a bad tire but it was still perfect for my first vehicle. The MPG for my truck alone is around 18mpg average with highway and city. Because im a bigger guy getting in is a little bit harder i just have to put my right leg in a certain way, or everything in my pocket gets crushed by the steering wheel. Its comfortable, steers great, and i haven't had any problems except for a speedometer problem where it went to a certain speed and stopped (many people have had this problem) so i bought another instrument cluster and swapped the speedo around, and i now have a tach. The only thing i would like would be a bit more space in the back. The seats that fold down from under the window are way to small for people to sit in if you have a taller driver and passenger or anything like subs or tools in the back. The rear end, if you don't have any cargo in it can slide out easy if your accelerating but not enough to spin you out, unless your in rain or snow so sandbags are optional but recommended. The truck when i got it had a cassette player in it so i swapped it out for a new stereo, i put new speakers and subs in it and it sounds great. so the factory sound system is average for a stock vehicle. Its an overall great truck. The gas mileage is just low and there could be more space in the rear. I also painted the grill black because the chrome was starting to peel off."

Little Truck with attitude

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Attitude and fun to drive"

Cons: "Lock hubs manually, longer turning radius"

"I purchase this truck as a work vehicle in 1998. At the time I compared it to the Toyota Tacamo. This was the first year the froniter was produce. Several things stood out. Positive features that drew me to purchasing this vehicle. 1) Built solid compared to the Toyota Tacamo 2) Mean Exterior, tough in your face, get out of my way. 3) Comfortable interior for short distance* 4) Reliable low maintance costs / No major issue just normal maintance cost i.e., Tires, brakes, and exhaust. Not so positive featues 1) longer turning radius 2) To engage 4WD must get out and lock hubs manually 3) 4 cyclinder no muscle compared to a 6 cyclinder 4) gas mileage (to be expected for a truck) 5) For long distance rides little uncomfortable However, I love my Froniter, I would encourage anyone looking at Trucks to look at the Froniter. One big reason was safety, remember eariler I said one of the features I noticed was it felt solid compared to the competition. I have a great example of it's toughness. Around the eariler 2000's. My wife and son where stoped at a red light. While stopped, a vehicle two car back the driver wasn't paying attention to the red light and slammed into another vehicle which was stopped directly behind my truck. The collision was so bad that it literial, took the vehicle directly behind my truck up and under the truck. Both cars were totaled had to be hauled off. And my wife and son were able to drive off after the crash investigation. No major injuries to anyone involved. I had the truck taken to a collision shop to check the frame and under the truck for possible damage. NONE, the frame was GOOD !!! The only damage was a sratch and small dent to the Bumper. I took the insurance money and purchansed all new tires. The dent and sratches are still there they just added character. Looking for a small truck I would recommend the Nissan Froniter just get a 6 cyclinder unless power isn't that big of an issues. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!"

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, powerful, tough truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage is fair, no cruise control"

2000 Nissan Frontier

"After having two Toyota and two Ford trucks, I was reluctant to purchase a Nissan because I was not familiar with them. The 2WD Frontier I now have is by far the best truck I have owned. I purchased it used over 2 years ago and the V6 is very strong and powerful. It is equipped with an automatic and it averages 19 mpg. The king cab is spacious enough for 2 adults and 2 children. No major repairs have been done to this vehicle and it is eleven years old."

2000 Nissan Frontier

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: ". great price, fun to drive dependable. no proble"

Cons: "0000000000"

"I would like to keep this car for another 10 years. Need the money."

great compact truck

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Would like more power but it is a 4 cyl. Comfortable even for me and I'm a big guy, great gas milage and extremely reliable. This is my 3rd Frontier (first was totaled second I traded because my wife had to have a Tahoe) only considering selling it for a 4 door, my kids are out growing the back seat!! Overall a great truck, I love it! looking for a 4 door supercharged v6 4x4."

good truck

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "cheap on gas peppy"

Cons: "legroom and headliner"

"i have 01 xe king cab 2wd 4 cylinder automatic . good running lil truck drive 90 miles a day pulls moutains very well . gettin 23 to 24 miles gallon . the only thing it needs more legroom and better headliner . but overall its a good truck . needs a bigger gas tank."

Last's Forever

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I absolutely love this truck! It has taken me cross country about 8 or 9 times and it's always the most comfortable and smooth ride. It is a 2001 and has more than 170,000 miles on it. It is a little squeaky now but I deal with it. I installed my own Cruise Control and all the wiring is very simple. It has only been in the shop about 4 times for 1 minor part repair and 3 tune-ups. I have the 4 cylinder and it has troubles accelerating onto the freeway and typically only gets 21-23 MPG's which is a little weird but I absolutely love this truck!!!"

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010