• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2000 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 400 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Looking 4 Another

By on Friday, January 01, 2010

"Toughest 4x4 I ever owned."

great truck

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"10 years and running strong. I've had some minor work done, but I'm always amazed by how tough this little truck is. Would recommend to anyone."

awesome vehicle

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"This is one of the greatest trucks I've ever owned. It's stylish, it's reliable, it's comfortable, the value is great. I've had it now for 7 years and all original parts, even the tires. Still runs like a champ. I'm thinking of upgrading to a quad cab and will go with Nissan."

dependable only says half of it

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"good truck runs great and still keeps on ticking no chevy can compare 130000 miles only thing changed was tires and wear tear parts use it like full sizetruck and worker tows anything i can get ahold of no let downs always ready to work. cant see getting rid of it till it dies"

they dont make em like this anymore

By on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"i bought my 2000 frontier in 2007 with 72000 on the clock 40000 of wich was behind a motor home. it still had the tag on the rear axle. it is my daily driver and has never failed me did timing belt water pump ect at 100k i run this truck hard almost every weekend in everything from 3 feet of snow to sand to mud to rock to asphault its been jumped its been stuck up to the door handles its been places it never should have been but it takes it all in stride with its fully boxed frame and way over built drive train it has made many a toyota and jeep nut eat there words and even convinced 4 of my close friends to buy nissan trucks after seeing mine laugh at all the abuse over the years its still mechanicly in perfect condition 3000 mile oil changes look like new oil. mobil1 since day one runs like a clock to this day even after all the modifications i have done. i am currently looking to buy a 2001 v6 5 speed std cab 4x4 not that i would sell my little nissan i want to buy a second one"

Love The Truck

By on Thursday, April 09, 2009

"I own the truck and it has a solid feel and very reliable, i like to have a little more power, but the V6 never leaves me away from home, i cant make myself trade it in for a new one, I guess i love the truck"

By on Friday, April 03, 2009

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

2002 xe king cab automatic

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Bought this truck used in 04 w/ 32000 miles. Was still under warranty so I had a few thing fixed free. Driver mirror flopped in the wind, passenger seat had a bad squeak, the tether for the fuel cap had disappeared, and maybe a few other minor things. The cab is poorly designed for a tall person(I am 6'1" tall) the turn signal indicators are hidden by the top of the steering wheel as is the top of the speedometer(no tilt wheel). The auto trans shifter interferes with the radio and a/c controls when in drive and also hides the passenger airbag on/off light when in drive. Maybe would be fine for a shorter person but I have to lean way back to be able to see things on the dash that I need to see. The window regulators are so stiff that I've broken both knobs off the window cranks. I heard there is a recall for this but haven't got around to it yet. The 2.4L 4cyl is reliable and so is the tranny. The only complaint I have about the mechanical parts of the truck is that the v belts (3 of them) are noisy. No matter what brand I put on (nissan, napa, checker) they are quiet for 10,000 miles or so and then noisy again. Also the a/c compressor puts such a drag on the engine that when it cycles on while driving, you can feel the truck lurch a little. It's a great truck and at 87k miles the only reason I'm selling it is that my family is outgrowing the side facing rear seats. Time for a Quest now."

2001 King cab XE

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Bought the truck about 3 months ago for 6K retail. Had 85000 miles and some body issues. Since then I've given it a full tune up, new front brakes, premium shocks, A/T tires, alignment, and is now at the body shop getting body work and respray of the factory silver metallic color. Truck runs excellent, mileage is mid 20's. A/C very cold. I've owned 4 of these trucks beginning with Datsuns and they don't die, just watch for frame rust on Hard Body models. This 01 is a solid performer and flat out gets the job done!! Can't wait to get it back from the body shop."

Agricultural but reliable

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Great Truck, not on the leading edge when it comes to technology but gets the job done. My 2002 4 banger uses no oil at 90,000 miles. It prefers premium fuel which really does have a positive and cost effective impact on power and and fuel consumption. Only repairs include sensor, and steering gear that wore out prematurely which I think is not typical and some broken plastic interior items. Otherwise just regular oil changes. Very cheap to keep. Paint is still like new. I think the life of the truck is somewhere over 200,000 miles."

Reliable Truck

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Truck has been amazing for me. Only two problems since I owned it, (drove across country twice, and several dozen trips 200+ miles or more) The alternator died on me about mile 70k and around 65k the Air Conditioning vent stopped coming out of the front vents. Other than that It has been absolutely reliable, just wish the MPG was a little better."

awesome truck

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"I have known a few people who have had this exact truck and loved it so I decided to buy one myself. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. this truck gets great fuel millage considering its a v6 and how much it weighs. Its off road capabilities are astounding. with only some bf Goodrich all terrain tires I have taken this truck through some really nasty stuff. it went through 10 inches of mud up hill with no problems at all. there are allot of after market mods available for this truck too. most of which are very affordable. I would recommend this truck to anyone."

Nissan 1998

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"Good on gas but a little underpowered. Standard transmission allows me to make up for power problems. Bed is small but I also have an optional toolbox installed. Overall, I like this truck."

Price ok, Great looks, but for what?

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"I bought my '04 a week ago after giving up on Trying to find a local used Toyota Tacoma that wasn't insanely overpriced. I really like the styling of this truck. it looks good, it drives ok. It Feels more like driving a truck than a car unlike my S-10 I previously owned. I would like to have an extra inch or 2 between the seat and the door though, as it feels a bit cramped. head and leg room are typical for a compact truck. The 4 cyl engine has a fair amount of pep to it for a truck, but I'd prefer a manual transmission over the auto, and it seems slow to respond unless you punch the accelerator, which causes it to whine very loudly. There seems to be a lack of sound proofing as road noise is an issue on Highway drives. Only time will tell I suppose as to how it holds up, but for a small truck, under $12K, with only 33k miles on it, I think this was the best choice for the money., at least that I could find anyway"

Gits er Done

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"i bought a 2001 in 2005 it had 77k miles on it. Starts everytime at the turn of the key, never burns any oil, and never dissapoimnts in performance. It came along with a warranty wich after 3 years has been used only for a wiper motor. Flaws: Gas mileage, and suspension sounds like its breaking everytime i take a sharp turn. They say "its just a Nissan Thing""

A lot of problems

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I've had this truck for about 6 or 7 years. I don't know if I got a lemon or what, but I've had one problem after another, and that's with driving about 8k miles per year...spark plugs, distributor cap, air conditioning, speedometer, winshield wiper motor, latch on the truck bed, electrical issues...all have cause problems...has body rust under the hood...just one thing after another since I've had it...it gets me where I'm going, but my next truck will be a Tacoma"

Great 4x4

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I went out looking to buy a 97 hardbody but they where all out and i got the 98 frontier instead. The only drawback I found was the 4cyl engine instead of the v6. The 4cyl has plenty of power when in stock form and even with 33's an ARB bull bar, Rock Sliders, and all my trail gear it would still go 80 on the interstate. This truck was made to be off road. it would crawl circles around full size trucks with bigger engines and better gears and lockers the IFS isnt bad and the free float rearend gives good travel. The little 4cyl is the perfect amount of power for 4wd rocks or mud. I have had the entire truck running through water over the hood for over 150yards, and then turned around the next day and drove it 2400 miles. Its small enough to go down 4 wheeler trails but still comfortable for 2 big adults (although the back seats arent meant for anyone over 7 years old). The styling is nice and looks great with my Bull Bar up front replacing that fake plastic bumper. Over all fun truck to drive and very reliable/dependable even when you try and beat it up."

Love it

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"This truck has been super-reliable for the 6 years I've had it. Gas mileage is very good. Seating is comfortable for both me at 5'2" and my husband at 6'4". Could use a bit more horsepower and I don't like the styling of the grill. Overall, though, it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned."

I wish I had an SE

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I love everything about my frontier XE. I only wish that when I had bought it I would have spent the few extra $$ and got the SE model. They look so sporty and have so many luxury options compared to the XE model."

A-1

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"My 4x4 has outperformed and exceeded every expectation I had when I bought it 6 years ago. Super low maintenance, extreme reliability, great mpg, tough as nails with stylish looks. MY HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!!!!!!"

OLD FAITHFUL

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I am 41 years old and this is the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned!!! Great Truck 99 4x4 SE model"

awesome

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Great truck, super dependable. In six years my frontier 4x4 has never let me down!!! 24mpg"

Nismo Frontage

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I drive a 2004 Nissan Frontier to work, do my tasks, and off the road. It is really quiet on the road, and smooth on idle. The interior is car-like, speedometer layout is really nice. The draw back I have is that the light on the gauges isn't as bright as I would like it, but looks nice at night. Another one is the power windows, I have had them replaced once on each side before my warranty ended. Though they are fine now. Gas mileage is so/so in my mix driving. I am not too sure how much I get, but on an average 20 city and 25 highway. Investing in a tonneau cover is a must! What I like most is the acceleration and how I drive at 60 mph and people think I am going 70 mph. Seats are comfortable over long rides, but ride gets tired on bumpy roads, especially if the bed is empty. Though stereo system helps that. You sit up nice and high and don't have any blind spots. Turning circle is great, especially if you gotta make those U-turns. Basically when it comes down for an everyday work truck, the Desert Runner frontier is your Sahara."

How could you not love it

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Great mpg, sexy, always reliable, comfortable, and it gives a great ride."