• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,202 - $30,497.

10/7.2

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great truck till it gets some miles on it.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Started off as nice truck"

Cons: "Went downhill fast"

"After 80k the transmission went, coolant leaks into tran fluid and kills tran on spot. Gas gauge sensor in tank went bad needs to be replaced, heaer/AC control went bad need to replace. All three of these issues Nissan is aware of and would do nothing for me. After many complaints from others they decided to extend covarage to 80k miles on issues they know happen on '"high mileage trucks" typically over 80k. So no help. This truck has been nothing but a money pit since it hit 80k miles. Google search frontier transmission problems, gas gauge and heat control. It's all there to read. I have owned other Nissan with no issues, not again. Last thing now two of the cat converters are shot and it won't pass NYState inspection so I can't register it. GOOD LUCK IF YOU BUY THIS TRUCK"

Overall decent truck, but brakes are a concern.

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking truck."

Cons: "Gas mileage, brakes and turning radius are awful."

"My 2013 Nissan Frontier 4x4 was making a loud noise in the blower motor so I took it in to be checked. Apparently leaves and debris collected in the intake and was lodged in the fan motor. Was told Nissan does NOT put a cabin filter in the Frontier during build. It is a 4x4 that is meant to be taken off road, why wouldn't you build it with a cabin filter. For the price these trucks command, not good Nissan. Please fix the spongy brake problem, it is going to get someone hurt trying to stop with a load. Finally, the cubby hole in the dash under the radio is partially blocked by the shifter. Difficult to access at times."

Full Size Capability & 100% Problem Free

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Roomy, 3/4 ton payload, Big Boat Hauler"

Cons: "No Refrigerator"

"This has got to be the perfect truck, and although all us truck owners can gripe about fuel economy, it comes with the territory and you do not buy a truck for fuel efficiency, so that subject is irrelevant to truck buyers, yeah, really. My Frontier Crew Cab SV is mostly driven by my wife, and this is her dream car! We pull a 4,500lb boat like nothing (and could tow 2,000lbs more), and the rear seats keep the kid from complaining on many of our 1/2 day rides to camping and fishing spots. It hauls almost TON of payload in the bed, and is a very sure footed traveller on our very snowy roads. Only complaint is Nissan does not include a 3.5mm jack in this specific model, but we forgive them, because this truck is so well made. We know plenty of Frontier owners, and nobody has ever had a problem. With regular oil changes at 4,000 miles and tire rotations, we plan on owning this truck another 25 years. Our truck is Black, and looks great when it's dirty or clean. We feel very confidant driving it. Even of we found a better deal on a 1/2 ton regular pickup, we'd pass because this is the perfect sized truck, and a Nissan, built to last a lifetime."

Solid value for the price

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Strong torque, hauls weight easily, smooth riding"

Cons: "A bit dated, no backup camera or sensors"

"Bought my Frontier SL crew cab 4WD long bed in May 2011 (model year closeout). I paid 80% of factory window sticker. Truck has never needed a warranty repair or visit back to the dealer. Gas mileage is 16/20, pretty close to estimate. I have a few gripes about truck but absolutely no problems. I previously owned Chevy S-10s and a Toyota Tacoma. This truck is superior in power, ride and handling, and reliability."

Very happy with the Frontier

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality, mpg and engine performance"

Cons: "VERY thin paint!!!!!!!!!!"

"Good mpg, good room inside, great looks. Absolutely no issues in 1.2 years of ownership. Only complaint is very thin paint. Very easy to scratch. Maybe all new cars are the same but traded in a 2004 Chevy p/u that had much better paint quality. When we need a family vehicle in the next 2 years would seriously consider a Nissan SUV."