• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,443 - $22,056.

10/7.2

Based on 511 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

great vehicle

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "steady and dependable"

Cons: "turning radius"

"nice strong truck, very dependable decent gas milage, 19.2 in town with 4 wheel drive."

For a few $$ more get a Toyota

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Cons: "NO heat in park!"

"I've had this truck for 6 months and 10,000 miles. I do not love it. It is pretty zippy on dry pavement, but pretty gutless if there is even a suggestion of snow/ice, unless it is in 4x4. I recently had to retire my Toyota Tacoma, and I have regretted not getting another Toyota for the last 6 months. I live in Alaska, it gets cold here. This truck has ZERO heat in park! I can't tell you how aggravating it is to put my children in a truck that is 30 below even after running for 15 minutes! I took the truck to the dealer and they said the antifreeze has to be mixed to exactly 42-48 below. Well, guess what? It didn't fix the problem! And now I am wondering how my truck will fare when it gets to 55 below this winter. Once you get on the road it is OK, but you still have to get in the freezing truck and drive for about 3-5 minutes before it starts to warm up. The windshield defrost is less than 1/3 of the width of the windshield and takes a while to completely defrost. I plan on getting rid of my Nissan as soon as I possibly can."

Very Good Quality Work Truck

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Good work truck"

Cons: "Poor mpg and comfort"

"Over the vehicle is good no real complaints that I did not already know about. However, for a midsize truck I would expect the fuel mileage to much better, only averaging 19 mpg. Abit uncomfortable for passengers - front and rear."

First Mid-size and Happy

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Powerful V-6, Towing, smooth 4wd"

Cons: "Tranny shift points. Low sitting back seat"

"I’ve always owned full size Chevy or Dodge p/ups. Now that kids are moved on it was time to downsize. I needed to still have the pulling power to haul a trailer and car, as well as 4wd (not AWD) capabilities. Looked at the Honda (no 4wd) and Toyota (less towing, HP and MPG) and settled for the Nissan. I'm very happy with my choice. Recently towed a Boxter hour and half and couldn't have been happier. The truck towed without hesitation. The power was more than adequate and the ride was great. I hear complaints of fuel mileage but coming from a full size I'm used to it. Currently averaging 17 around town but reached 24 on my last highway trip to Charlotte. My biggest complaint is the transmission is tuned (for mpg) to shift too quickly at around 40 mph. The tranny in that speed and rpm range shifts up and down constantly. I’ve kind of learned how to control throttle and RPM's to limit this but can be annoying when driving over hills in that speed range. This was not a problem while towing as I locked out the overdrive. If my wife drove manual I would have opted for the 6 speed. Ride is stiff but yet compliant. 4wd works great. Very smooth in its engagement and driving feel. Overall I'm really happy with my 2014 Frontier."

great truck to own for mid/LG truck group

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "N/A"

"I love the way this truck handles ! With new tires it drive so good and responsive ! One of the best trucks I have ever owned !!!"