2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,674 - $22,317.

10/7.2

Based on 535 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great Value

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"I've owned my 2007 SE Crew Cab 6ft. longbed for about 11 months now, and I am enjoying it very much. It overall has a quiet ride while cruising. It's a stiff though tolerable ride feel on rougher roads. Acceleration is very good. Slight mirror wind noise at higher speeds, but not bothersome. Gas mileage is par for a large V6, averaging about 14-15 actual city, and over 20 cruising at hwy speeds. The seats feel comfortable and supportive. Back seat room is adequate, but a little snug for adults with the front seats all the way back. Ride feels fine sitting in back. Turning radius is poor and should be improved. U-turns are makeable if you swing out far enough, but not on tight streets. The manufacturer should address this. The older full size Tundras turn tighter. I like the utilitrac system alot, with the spray-in bed liner, though cargo may not slide as easily as trucks with a plastic liner while loading and unloading. Interior does have alot of plastic, which looks OK, but no luxury there. Controls are easily reached and simple to understand. Storage spaces are good with large center console, dual glove boxes, and some smaller areas under the flip-up back seat. Overall, this is a nice multi-purpose truck, and I would recommend it to anyone."

tough truck

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"This solid truck rocks. The mistake I made was buying a stripped down SE rather than a leather LE. I miss not having heated leather seats, a sunroof, and a roof rack. However in September there was only one LE left in the state CO and it was white. I just gave up a white vehicle and opted for the storm gray SE. I love the storm gray color. I like the short bed crew cab with a bed extender and bed divider. I love the utilitrack tie down bed liner system. I love the power of the 4 L 261 Hp engine. This truck leaps off the line. However, the 16/20 mpg rating is tough on the checkbook. I was use to 33 mpg from my previous 1984 Nissan pickup truck, which is still running fine. Nissan does a wonderful job building good reliable trucks. This truck has much more room than the old style. It has a durable hard plastic feel to the interior which is anothr reason to get leather if you can. I hope Nissan manufactures more LE Frontier pickups. The vehicle handles okay for a truck. It is larger than I would like and is tough to park around town. Again I am use to my 1984 standard bed Nissan pickup. I wish Nissan would make a smaller pickup with better gas mileage. A TDI would be nice. Great truck for the money. I also considered buying a Toyota Tacoma which was longer and more expensive. I am glad I went with the Frontier since it is made in American at Smyrna Tennesse with many North American made parts. At least some of my dollars are helping out the US economy. I would buy another Nissan Frontier, however, my dealership gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty with the truck (much like an insurance policy) so I believe I will be driving this truck until I am about 70 years old. Overall, I am a happy owner of a Frontier and I feel I got a good deal for the money I spent on a 2007 model. And that is coming from a ND farm boy turned engineer/landlord/snowboarder. I use my trucks hard and the Frontier is a work truck. Nuf said. My rating is about a 4.8 out of 5.0. Hope you enjoyed this review."

Nissan does not stand behind their products!!!!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Great design"

Cons: "Nissan will not take responsibility for problems."

"Absolutely loved this truck and fit and design is great but the reliability is horrid. As soon as my warranty was up the problems hit the fan. I used my truck for work with lots of highway miles. I average about 25k a year. Here are a list of problems and prices that happened once the warranty ran out: Gas tank sensor causing the gas gauge to not work. Nissan does not feel that this is an issue running out of gas in the middle of nowhere. P&L=$350.00 Rear end vent not working causing the seals to leak become bad causing gear oil to leak into the brakes ruining pads and running rear dry destroys gears and bearings. Look online as this is a common problem also but not covered as I had too many miles. P&L=$1700.00 Vacuum sensor for gas tank causing check engine light. And yes another common problem. $275.00 Tire sensors stopped working causing tire light to stay on. Nissan wanted $500 just for parts not including resetting the computer. Here is the biggie! There is an admitted engineering defect in the trucks radiator where it splits open inside mixing the engine coolant and the trans fluid causing the transmission to self destruct. Nissan said that they will extend the warranty but each time they did I was over. If you get this repair done at the dealer you are looking at least $6500.00 repair. Loved the truck and design but with what I have experienced I will never ever purchase another Nissan again and do not have the heart to sell or trade in this truck as that is not the right thing to do. I may part it out and cut my losses."

Love my truck

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought a new 2007 Frontier crew cab long bed. I will agree it has a large turning radius. The only time I find it an issue is parking lots. I might have to use reverse a little more to squeeze into a parking space. If you buy this truck and live where roads are salted or they use anti-skid, buy running boards before the first winter. Otherwise, I will guarantee you will have to get it painted after 1 winter. You will need boards, not tubes to prevent this. If you don't buy the boards the paint on your bed in front of the rear tires will be sand blasted. I love the truck and would buy again. I just wish I would have learned about the running boards. I had mine painted and boards installed and haven't had an issue since."

Very happy with this truck.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, cost, smooth and quite ride."

Cons: "Arm rest is all I can think of that's a con."

"I am very happy with this truck. I haven't owned enough vehicles to know what I'm missing really so I can only offer things that I dislike. Fuel could be better considering full size trucks get basically the same now. But the 17-18 is accurate. My biggest gripe, which is not bad, is the comfort of the driver seat. The arm rest is to far to the rear of the vehicle. The same goes for the driver door arm rest. The seat could probably have a little better quality. This is really only an issue with a longer trip. Ultimately, my next Frontier will not be a base model. I will get 4x4, sun roof, leather and all the bells and whistles I had with my previous vehicle. But I'm almost positive it will be another frontier. The only other option would be a Titan, depending on difference in cost and fuel. I think the additional cab room would be nice. So far, (knock on wood) no mechanical issues whatsoever."