2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,674 - $22,317.

10/7.2

Based on 535 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

safe and sound

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I had a 2005 frontier and loved it. A drunk driver rear ended my truck going over 80mph. I was towing a trailer at the time. My truck jack-knifed and flipped over some trees, landed on the roof and skidded across 3 lanes, hit the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road and flipped back over onto its wheels, slamming into a wall and some trees. 2 of the windows fell out, the back bumper was ripped off, and both mirrors were gone. And somehow everyone in the truck escaped without injury! I immediately went out and got an 2006 Frontier. and I still have it. It feels good to know that my truck is safe, especially with my family in the car. Everything else about the truck is great also. Ill admit the seats are a little scratchy and I was bummed it didnt have a MP3 jack. But overall great trucks."

GREAT TRUCK! BEATS TACOMA!

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Very very good truck. Before purchasing I compared between the Frontier and Tacoma. At first I was going to go for the Tacoma but after reading up more and test driving the frontier I decided for the Frontier. I proudly say I own an automatic 2007 Frontier Crew Cab SE short bed here is a list of my opinions, hope this helps! 1) Price- Better value over Tacoma, the tac. is overpriced! I bought my Frontier used and although it does not have the same resale value of the Tacoma, I feel I got a great truck for what I paid. 2) The Frontier has great power, loaded or unloaded. Has a great cabin, very quiet smooth ride. Absorbs bumps very well. Handles nicely, however turning radius is very bad, use caution on uturns! Sometimes the gears on the automatic shift weird. Gas mileage is fair has a 20 gal tank which lasts me 350 miles, however I am a crazy driver and like to step on it. 3) Interior -- This truck has better visibility than the tacoma. windshield is much larger and can see more. Comfortable front seats, I have a crew cab, and the back seats could use a few extra inches of legroom but its enough for kids. Steering wheel is thick providing nice truck like feeling and grip of the wheel. Center console has clean simple design that looks very good. lots of room inside for cd's, pens, change, 2 glove boxes, 8 cup holders, passenger seat folds flat. However some parts of the door panels looks like cheap plastic but if you take care of your tuck you'll be fine. Back seats fold up and down, when seats folded down you can hear wind noise however. 4) Exterior- Utilitrack system is great! very handy when loading things, you have a lot of options to tie down and secure your cargo. The rear door of the bed is very solid nice and heavy door unlike tacoma, feels flimsy and small. Bed is good size made with good sized dimensions to keep your cargo safe. Truck looks great at all times, clean , muddy, dirty, rainy. I get a lot of stares. the whole truck looks more solidly build (and it is) over the tacoma. Overall I am very happy with my purchase I am glad I went with the Frontier, it has a couple of drawbacks but compared to the many positives you get with this truck you won't even mind the negatives. My next truck I want it to be the Frontier but NISMO edition or the new 09 PRO models. I hope I have this truck forever and im sure it will last forever.! NISSAN IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE ADD A REAR SLIDING WINDOW IN THE BACK FOR ALL MODELS!!!!"

Worth the Wait

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"I looked long and hard for a decent used mid-sized pick-up,and I have to admit that the initial search was focused on the Toyota Tacoma,based on referrals and reviews. After several weeks of intense internet and classified searches,my attention shifted to the Frontier. As soon as I got "up close" to one and compared features my mind was made up. I ended up purchasing an "06 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab" and WOW! What a truck! Not only roomier than the Tacoma,but much more reasonably priced! The build quality,comfort,and ride was far superior than I had hoped for,and it has the Nissan reputation for reliability behind it. Way more power with the V6 than I'll probably need,and the fuel milage reflects it if you aren't careful! One "Tie-Breaker" came for me when I called a friend who works as a service technician at a local Dealership that sells and services both the Tacoma and the Frontier. He told me "We sell them both all the time,and rarely see them again unless it's routine maintenence. I HAVE noticed that for whatever reason,the Toyotas seem to develop rust problems earlier." He was right! Look around at the ones on the road. I'm REALLY happy with my choice,and so far,NO REGRETS!"

Great Truck for the money

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Sporty drive, excellent value, incredibly capable"

Cons: "Mileage(but its a truck)"

"I drove the Tacoma and the Frontier both considerably to compare, and the ultimate winner as far as price goes and value, is the Frontier. The Tacoma has a weaker engine, the bed is flimsy, as well as the frame that the truck rides on, its not a fully boxed frame(Only HALF of the truck is semi boxed, the rest is just open framed) like the Frontier(every respectable truck manufacturer uses fully boxed frames for a reason, they are more rigid and provide better towing #'s). On top of all this, the Frontier rode better, offered way more power and way more features for less money. The cabin sound from driving is minimal, and the engine noise you hear in the cab is actually a nice pur(as its the same engine used in the Nissan 370Z), as opposed to the Tacoma's engine that sounds like its going to die with its absurd engine whine just mashing the accelerator. The ergonomics of the Frontier is far better, the seat is more comfy and you sit HIGHER in the vehicle than the Tacoma. The utility between the two as far as truck features go is a no brainer, the Frontier has the option of the utilitrak system which has been phenomenal thus far as well as the Line X'd bed. The Tacoma has a plastic system like this that is flimsy and weak(in my experience), Id be reluctant to tighten my ratchet straps half as tight as I can on my Frontiers solid Aluminum cleats. Overall it comes down to what you prefer, to me its a no brainer, I want more for my money, and the Frontier gives me that as well as a SOLID reliability rating, the Tacoma has been through recalls and has constant problems with parts going out such as the blower motor for instance. On top of that, the Frontier is cheaper to insure than the Tacoma is as well which was a big plus to me, as the Frontier has better safety ratings."

Excellent Trcuk compares favorably with Tacoma

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"Pros: Ride, Quality of Assembly, Value, Powertrain, Quiet Interior, Versatility/Features, 4 Wheel Drive, Exterior Design/Looks Cons: Squeaky Brakes Driving Experience: I am very impressed with the driving experience of the Frontier. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. It reminds me of the 1st generation Toyota Tundra (which I have owned), except it handles much better and more crisply. This is still a truck, so the ride and handling aren't going to be comparable to a good sedan or sports car, but compared to other trucks, this version of the Frontier (the LE trim) is excellent. The steering is tight and accurate at all speeds (unlike my Toyota Tacoma, another truck I've owned, whose steering was a little skittish at highway speed with a headwind). There are no suspension noises and everything feels solid and built to last (the fully boxed frame is a positive contributing factor, I'm sure). The interior is also exceptionally quiet (again, comparable to my Toyota Tundra and better than my Toyota Tacoma). It makes the Frontier feel more like a luxury vehicle. I've not take my Frontier off road, but have had the chance to use it during the winter when we had some heavy snow, ice & freezing rain. I can say definitively that the Frontier's 4 wheel drive system works flawlessly. It felt very sure-footed, I never had a loss of traction and I know that I would've slid off the road or gotten stuck without it. Having said that, you still have to keep in mind that even the best 4 wheel drive system won't help you stop any sooner, so you still have to drive cautiously. Also the Frontier is unique in that it has a 4 wheel electronic Limited Slip System that works even in 4 wheel drive (the Tacoma's system doesn't work in 4 wheel drive). Maybe this contributes to the great performance I experienced. Comfort and Convenience: The interior of the Frontier is well laid out, though fairly plain. If you aren't looking for alot of bling, and instead, value a function over form, you will like this interior. All the controls are pretty easy to figure out and intuitive. The interior is a bit on the smallish side. This doesn't bother me, because I'm a smallish guy, but I can see where others have commented that they would like to see more headroom, etc. One little complaint about the interior plastics is that it does scratch easily (soft plastic dash materials). Other than that, everything is tastefully designed and all the buttons/controls are where you think they should be (the layout of the various buttons & knobs are better than my Tacoma). On the exterior, as others have mentioned, the Utili-Track system in the bed is excellent and very versatile. I also like that the sliding tie-downs are made of aluminum, instead of the plastic that my Tacoma had. Having a factory sprayed in bedliner is a real plus as well. I also bought the optional bed extender system and that has worked out great as well. The roof rack not only looks good, but is very functional. Overall, the engineers obviously put alot of thought and innovation into designing thoughtful, helpful features and it shows. Overall Comments: I have owned both a 2007 Toyota Tacoma (Crew Cab, 4WD, Automatic Trans, TRD Off-Road) and a 2008 Nissan Frontier (Crew Cab, 4WD, Automatic Trans, LE with all available options, including the long bed). I also owned a 2002 Toyota Tundra (Extended Cab, 4WD, Automatic Trans). I have already posted an opinion on the Tacoma previously and here is my opinion on the Frontier. Overall, this is an excellent truck. For the money (and you can get some great deals right now), you won't find a better deal when you compare the standard features and options that you can get. Prior to getting my Frontier, I have owned three Toyota Trucks and loved all of them, so I wasn't too sure about the Frontier. But now, after driving the Frontier for about 1.5 years, I am truly puzzled why this truck is not more popular. Maybe Nissan just hasn't done as good a job of marketing their truck as Toyota? In any case, if you are in the market for a mid-sized truck, you should definitely look at this one (and also the Suzuki Equator, which is a rebadged Nissan Frontier with some minor differences mainly in the exterior looks). Having heaped on tons of positive praise on the Nissan Frontier (well deserved, I might add), I do have to address a weakness on my particular truck. I have had to take it in to the dealership at around 11K miles for brakes that were squeaking & squealing excessively. It began at around 10K and consistently got worse. It didn't matter if it was the beginning of the day or if I had been driving it for a while, the brake noise was consistently there. The dealership told me this had been a problem with a number of their Frontiers and replaced the front discs and calipers...the whole works. Well, now I have almost 20K miles on my Frontier and I am again beginning to hear the squeaking/squealing noises. Looks like whatever they did the first time didn't do the trick so I am anticipating another trip to the dealership. A little disappointment, compared to an otherwise stellar ownership experience. Still, I don't know if this only occurred in a small batch of their trucks and I just happened to be one of the 'lucky' ones, or if it is a widespread problem. Consumer Reports reliability scores didn't seem to show a huge number of people having brakes problems for the 2008 Frontier, so who knows. In any case, I would still give my high recommendation for this truck and urge you to check it out, if you're looking for a mid-size truck. I'd also, of course, highly recommend you shop the Toyota Tacoma as well, since that's another truck that I feel has a well-deserved reputation for excellence. Thanks for reading my long-winded post :-)"