• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,399 - $22,348.

10/7.2

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great truck till it gets some miles on it.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Started off as nice truck"

Cons: "Went downhill fast"

"After 80k the transmission went, coolant leaks into tran fluid and kills tran on spot. Gas gauge sensor in tank went bad needs to be replaced, heaer/AC control went bad need to replace. All three of these issues Nissan is aware of and would do nothing for me. After many complaints from others they decided to extend covarage to 80k miles on issues they know happen on '"high mileage trucks" typically over 80k. So no help. This truck has been nothing but a money pit since it hit 80k miles. Google search frontier transmission problems, gas gauge and heat control. It's all there to read. I have owned other Nissan with no issues, not again. Last thing now two of the cat converters are shot and it won't pass NYState inspection so I can't register it. GOOD LUCK IF YOU BUY THIS TRUCK"

Overall decent truck, but brakes are a concern.

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking truck."

Cons: "Gas mileage, brakes and turning radius are awful."

"My 2013 Nissan Frontier 4x4 was making a loud noise in the blower motor so I took it in to be checked. Apparently leaves and debris collected in the intake and was lodged in the fan motor. Was told Nissan does NOT put a cabin filter in the Frontier during build. It is a 4x4 that is meant to be taken off road, why wouldn't you build it with a cabin filter. For the price these trucks command, not good Nissan. Please fix the spongy brake problem, it is going to get someone hurt trying to stop with a load. Finally, the cubby hole in the dash under the radio is partially blocked by the shifter. Difficult to access at times."

Full Size Capability & 100% Problem Free

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Roomy, 3/4 ton payload, Big Boat Hauler"

Cons: "No Refrigerator"

"This has got to be the perfect truck, and although all us truck owners can gripe about fuel economy, it comes with the territory and you do not buy a truck for fuel efficiency, so that subject is irrelevant to truck buyers, yeah, really. My Frontier Crew Cab SV is mostly driven by my wife, and this is her dream car! We pull a 4,500lb boat like nothing (and could tow 2,000lbs more), and the rear seats keep the kid from complaining on many of our 1/2 day rides to camping and fishing spots. It hauls almost TON of payload in the bed, and is a very sure footed traveller on our very snowy roads. Only complaint is Nissan does not include a 3.5mm jack in this specific model, but we forgive them, because this truck is so well made. We know plenty of Frontier owners, and nobody has ever had a problem. With regular oil changes at 4,000 miles and tire rotations, we plan on owning this truck another 25 years. Our truck is Black, and looks great when it's dirty or clean. We feel very confidant driving it. Even of we found a better deal on a 1/2 ton regular pickup, we'd pass because this is the perfect sized truck, and a Nissan, built to last a lifetime."

Solid value for the price

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Strong torque, hauls weight easily, smooth riding"

Cons: "A bit dated, no backup camera or sensors"

"Bought my Frontier SL crew cab 4WD long bed in May 2011 (model year closeout). I paid 80% of factory window sticker. Truck has never needed a warranty repair or visit back to the dealer. Gas mileage is 16/20, pretty close to estimate. I have a few gripes about truck but absolutely no problems. I previously owned Chevy S-10s and a Toyota Tacoma. This truck is superior in power, ride and handling, and reliability."

Very happy with the Frontier

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality, mpg and engine performance"

Cons: "VERY thin paint!!!!!!!!!!"

"Good mpg, good room inside, great looks. Absolutely no issues in 1.2 years of ownership. Only complaint is very thin paint. Very easy to scratch. Maybe all new cars are the same but traded in a 2004 Chevy p/u that had much better paint quality. When we need a family vehicle in the next 2 years would seriously consider a Nissan SUV."

Great to drive-just right size

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Love driving/handling perfect size for what i nee"

Cons: "small back seat space/u-turns"

"Love the power and handling of the Frontier. It's the perfect size for what I need. Never have had a problem with the operation of this vehicle. However, the truck cannot make u turns very well and doesn't have much room in the back. When a tall person(say 6'2") sits in the passenger side, the person in the back cannot be over 5'6" for both of them to sit comfortably (just estimating heights). Do not really need a truck most of the time and will be looking for an suv with better gas mileage than a truck. ALL trucks use more gas than cars/suvs."

EXCELLENT P/U no longer able to use it , retired d

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

"Disabled , live in senior living home now"

a very good truck

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "IT GOT ME THROUGH 2FT OF FRESH SNOW AND IT WAS FUN"

Cons: "IT IS THE FRONT END THAT I DID NOT LIKE THE LOOK"

"IM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS TRUCK, I HAVE OWNED IT FOR 5 YEARS. I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT. I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE. WHEN I FIRST STARTED SHOPPING FOR A TRUCK, I WAS TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN A NISSAN OR A TACOMA. I USE TO OWN A TACOMA. ANYWAY, THE PRICE IS WHAT CONVINCED ME THE TACOMA WAS $10,000 HIGHER THAN THE NISSAN. THEY WERE THE SAME EQUIPPED. I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. I LIKE BOTH TRUCKS."

fully loaded, 4x4, LE, well maintained

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "crew cab- room for everyone"

Cons: "could use seat covers to protect the leather"

Silver Frontier in yard

"Clean body, good paint, well maintained, V6, All the bells and whistles. Top of the line sound system, leather, heated seats. So many extras wife wouldn't let me take out of town for fear of it getting stolen. Almost new tires.Bed liner with removable tie-down cleats. Electric Sliding sun roof, Luggage rack. non-smoking owner."

Silver Frontier in yard

Great Truck (except for ONE IMPORTANT THING)

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Drive Great/Handles Great....very confortable"

Cons: "Costly Automatic Transmission Problems"

"2004-2006 Nissan Pathfinders/Xteras & Frontiers....have a bad transmission problem...anti-freeze mixing in with the transmission fluid damaging the transmission that is VERY VERY Costly $4,500 to $7,500 for a new transmission. Nissan knew about this many years now and never recalled any of these vehicles....buyers beware UNLESS the radiator has been changed or an external transmission cooler is added before this contamination occurs."

Great Price!!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Best price ever."

Cons: "None that I am yet aware of."

"I have not owned my Frontier long enough to give a complete review regarding its performance. However, prior to purchasing I was interested in either the Tacoma or the Frontier and looked at them both on KBB and then went to the dealers and drove each. I found them to be pretty much equal and would have been happier with either one and so, for me, it was going to come down to price. The Nissan dealer gave me a price that was thousand less then the KBB fair price to purchase and that tipped me in favor of the Frontier by a long shot. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and the price was beyond my expectations. If the vehicle satisfies me in other respects as much as its value it will be the best car purchase I have ever made."

Great Truck - Off Road Features are very good

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Styling, off-road features, overall performance"

Cons: "MPG as usual. Auto-windows can freeze up-not good"

"I have owned this PRO 4X for two years - replacing a 2010 LE that replaced a DR that replaced a 14 year old 1987 Hard-body King Cab. When I drove off the lot I thought that the features of this Pro 4X were fancy. I selected Nissan AGAIN after seriously considering a Tacoma but Toyota did not offer any adjustments to the seat. Everyone is not the same size and long trips make low back support and adjustment features a must for me. The Pro-4X "fancy" features got me off the mountain in a sudden snow storm that iced up the mountain. I know nothing drives on ice but the Nissan's low gears, hill decent, and locker got me home. That day I became a huge fan of the Nissan Pro-4X. Mileage is "OK" at 19-21 highway and 16-17 locally. The truck is good for family trips to the beach and vacations. You just can't beat a bed for storing kids stuff that always seems to have sand, dirt, etc attached. We use the truck to tow a small travel trailer and it does so quite well. The MPG does suffer and drops to 8-10 mpg on those trips. Overall, it is a great truck for just about any purpose. The engine is very responsive and the off road features are very useful for those of us in the north east who need to be at work rain or shine. The only negative issue was that the power windows can freeze up and not work. This was the case with the 2010 LE as well. Great Truck. Highly recommended."

love it!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "solid reliable truck"

"this is an awesome truck, and I'm speaking as an owner and Nissan Mechanic. these trucks are very reliable and well built. we havent had any come in for more than routine maintenance. we'll see how she holds up to a MN winter. Note: the 4.0L V-6 in this truck has the same hp as my '01 Mustang GT did."

Hands down Best truck I've owned

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, appearance, great price, visibility"

Cons: "Mileage is average"

"I bought my third truck, a Ford Ranger, in 2010 because I'd always driven Rangers, and I loved their size and convenience. Then I rode in my friend's older Nissan. He was not known for his "care and feeding" of his vehicles, but his ten-year-old Nissan truck was in nice condition. When I asked about reliability he said he'd never had to get it fixed. I decided there and then to check out the local dealer. I never looked back. Since Nissans are not the most popular trucks the dealers are willing to deal. I bought the Frontier Crew Cab SV and immediately added a Bed Rug and Roll-N-Lock bed cover, plus step rails and side body moulding. This truck is sharp looking in Blue, and it's a great drive. The seats are comfortable for cross country travel. We drove from south Texas to Colorado and never felt cramped for space or stressed by the ride. It's quiet, but it's also deep-throated and fast when you hit the gas. It's acceleration really put my old Ranger to shame. We got 22 mpg on the highway, but I only get 18 in town. Overall I am highly impressed by price, appearance, acceleration, drive, comfort, interior features, interior space, exterior paint quality, and fit and finish. This vehicle reminds me of Toyota before they became popular. It's exceptional, and I'll own it for a lot of years."

Great truck!! Does everything that I would expect.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "snappy,torquey,solid,built for the outdoors!"

Cons: "minor issues with the computer but easily resolved"

"I love this truck!! The only issue that I had was with the computer. Nissan figured it out and did not cost too much...$300 compared to the after market that cost $800. The truck has great looks and style. It is not fancy, even with the NISMO pkg, but the performance is there!! It has power. I would like to put a 4" lift on this truck!! I would buy this rig again!"

Have owned 6 Nissans but this ones the best.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, good in the city and highway."

Cons: "NONE"

"Great drive, quiet interior, lots of room inside and out. Overall just the best Nissian I've owned. Great gas milage."

see below

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

"In addition the truck has visors on hood and all 4 windows and railings on each side, truck is in excellent condition."

excellent truck, looks good, big and comfortable

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"has rain guards on windows (front and back), and bug reflector on hood, bed liner, and extension to 6 feet"

great truck

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"truck is reliable and dependable. tows my 20 ft boat with ease and hauls it out of water on trailer easily. handles and rides well on highway. only gripe, poor gas mileage 22 on highway, would like 26-28. come on sonja, you can do it!"

Don't buy this Truck Please!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"I have had this truck for approx. 2 years and I must say the overall driving experience has not been bad but...., there is a design flaw dealing with where the rear cab portion and the front of the truck bed meet. The paint is coming off at an alarming rate starting from the bottom and now working its was up the fender. It took it to the dealer and they said they could do nothing, "paint chipping from rocks". after of 15,000 miles this is crazy and I have never see this in any car before. Total waste of money. If your looking at a midsize truck go with a Honda Ridgeline. Drive's and handles like an SUV, and the paint doesn't come off in the first 15,000 miles. Simply said this is not a inexpensive vehicle and you should get more quality that this. Poor design, poor product. Never buy Nissan again."

reduce burdden

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"Great truck must sell. have been unemployed for 8 months must cut costs"

fun to drive, smooth ride, great amenities

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "styling, sound system, good looks"

Cons: "for lack of any cons- better gas mileage"

"I have had 5 Chevy Silverado's 1500, decided to try a Nissan and scale down. I do not miss the big truck. The frontier is all I need, smooth ride love the 4WD. This truck is dependable! My wife loved mine so much she went and bought a Xterra the next week! You can't go wrong."

My NISSAN FRONTIER has been solid and dependable.

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Purchased new in 2007. Change the oil every 3K miles and other minor maintenance as required. Two batteries. Third set of tires. It just does everything I want or need it to do without worry. 4x4 works well - I dont get too crazy, but its never been stuck itself! The only thing I would like to see improved is the turning radius. The longer bed (& wheelbase) makes tight u-turns difficult. Otherwise, LUV my NISSAN."

Great mid size truck. Crew cab with 6 foot bed

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Still holding it's value. Powerful engine. Towing."

Cons: "Exterior paint and turning radius."

"Had this truck for seven years. 57,000 miles. Had the white roof repainted due to rust in the gutters after 2 years. Exterior paint has flaws on hood and window edges, chipping and peeling paint. Battery terminals (bad design) had to be replaced. The turning radius on this truck sucks, U-turns can be dramatic. Other than that, this truck runs great, has style, power, and has good towing capacity."

Love my Frontier

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage is a respectable 18 mpg"

Cons: "See fabric wears quickly on the edges"

"Added an external transmission oil cooler so that the engine coolant and transmission oil could never mix. That is the only design flaw in this truck. Cheap fix. Uni rack system and the bed extender are essential for this truck."