2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,582 - $31,501.

10/7.2

Based on 531 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

A Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, nice to look upon, sturdy"

Cons: "no ash tray"

"Hi I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. As a lady truck driver, I've found it to be just the right size, good on gas and fancy to look upon! It comfortably seats 5 people and has a nice sound system. I only wish I had purchased the one with ALL the options! The Frontier is a wonderful truck!"

Wonderful truck

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"I love the Frontier. Did tons of research, tested a Tacoma, not even close in comfort and fun factor. The size is perfect for our family. Love the sound system. Feel very safe and in control, would never buy a different truck. We have a Maxima that we just love, and wanted the same engine and build in our truck. Tacomas are more expensive, noiser, choppier, and rough. Don't do it. The Frontier is the best in it's class and the incentives for June were fabulous"

2008 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I bought this truck after careful comparison with the Toyota Tacoma TRD. I wanted a mid-size truck that would get decent gas mileage, be capable off-road and towing heavy loads for work around the house, and room to haul the family to the mountains for ski/camping trips. Lots of test drives, value for the dollar, and room for 3 kids in the back seat led me to buy the Nissan Frontier. After 7 months owning the truck and driving in many different environments, I definitely made the right decision. Thoughts are as follows: Power: Very smooth and powerful V6. I have had the truck over numerous Colorado mountain passes fully loaded with kids/hunting gear and it climbs efforlessly. Gas mileage better than expected - 22+ MPG from Gunnison to Denver over and down multiple mountain passes with gear. Off-road Capability: Very capable in both snow and mud. Did not use chains on a recent hunting trip - the rear locker makes all the difference. Off road ride is better than my old Jeep Wrangler and many friends' Range Rovers. Received numerous compliments from friends on rocky terrain ride quality. This is a heavy truck and it pays dividends off-road. Climbs like a mountain goat. Nissan could have improved by putting more aggressive tires on the Nismo 4x4 (mud terrain vs all-season). The on-road ride of the Nismo 4x4 is perfect in my opinion - what a capable off-road truck should be - firm but not jaw shattering. Bump steer at highway speeds could be improved, and the turn radius is wide and takes some getting used to for parking. I consider these downsides minor vs the many positives the truck has to offer. Overall this is substantial truck for the money. This is my 5th truck and arguably the best. I like the interior room, ride, and power over the Tacoma. The Tacoma was very torquey and had a ride that did not seem to dampen the bumps - it seemed like I felt bumps multiple times on and off road. The V6 of the Frontier seemed smoother and more consistent through the power band. I have pulled 3500 lb. tractors on dual axel car hauler trailers with this truck and can say the power is excellent. Overall I'm pleased with the Frontier. I had originally talked myself into a Tacoma until I did the test drive and priced each truck. Toyota was disappointingly proud of their Tacoma and it resulted in my test drive of the Nismo and eventual purchase. I would tell anyone interested in a mid-size 4x4 truck to seriously consider the Frontier. If you are truly going to use the truck off-road, you can't go wrong with the Nismo package."

fun to drive, smooth ride, great amenities

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "styling, sound system, good looks"

Cons: "for lack of any cons- better gas mileage"

"I have had 5 Chevy Silverado's 1500, decided to try a Nissan and scale down. I do not miss the big truck. The frontier is all I need, smooth ride love the 4WD. This truck is dependable! My wife loved mine so much she went and bought a Xterra the next week! You can't go wrong."

Love my Nissan frontier crew cab! Would buy again.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fun to drive, hauls anything"

Cons: "I brag on my truck all the time; a pleasure to own"

"Perfect size; not too small, not too big. Can park easily & the gas mileage is not bad at all. Does just about anything a full sized truck can do. I have been renovating my house, hauling building materials with this truck. Love it!"