2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2005 - 2016 models.

The big small truck

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"This is the little truck that could. It's convinced it's a full-sized truck. It has plenty of power and torque to pull what needs to be pulled and, with the 6-foot bed, can carry anything. It drives like a big truck, too, meaning the ride is very smooth and roadworthy, but it also has a large turning radius. This makes it a bit of a bear to park in tight parking spaces unless you back in. Even that's not easy. Still, the four door crew cab is roomy and feels like a well designed sedan, the fuel economy isn't bad (I average about 20 mpg in combined, mostly city driving) and when you need it to, it flies. It's a serious truck and feels like it will last forever."

Sweet ride

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"I have had mine 4 years, and am still loving it. Resale value is great!!!"

nice truck

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I had my Frontier SE 4x4 about 4 months I love to drive it , nice truck , comfort , for little family , work , shopping , have some fun , driving in the snow ,you name it , this truck never let you down . power full , all I can say i am so happy with my truck."

average nothing special

By on Saturday, December 4, 2010

"road and wind noise"

This truck savd my life!!

By on Monday, November 1, 2010

"This was the first truck I have owned. I first bought a 2006 and just last year traded it in for a 2009. Overall the truck handles well, very dependable and sound! The back set is the only thing that was alittle uncomfortable, but I only sat back there twice!! I'm actually writing this review because I totaled my truck yesterday. I wanted to leave a review as far as crash and impact go. This truck saved my life!! I rolled the truck a few times and walked away with only a few bumps and bruises! I feel that if I would have been in some other vehicle it could have been much worse. I strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone.....great truck!!"

By on Thursday, September 16, 2010

Number 7

By on Thursday, September 9, 2010

"I have had seven nissans since 1990. I have had 7 Nissann PU's They are the best. I currently have an 07, and a 2010. I get almost as good milage on the Hwy with the V6 2010, as I do with the 07 4 cy. I really like them Cleev1"

Good Truck

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

"I just bought this truck, and it is solid and runs and drives very well. The ride is smooth and the 4 wheel disk breaks is a plus. The inside could use some color but its well done. The clean look is nice not to much junk on the outside, I like this truk"

my best friend

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"I love this truck. The Nismo has outstanding performance, style and comfort. The cargo locking system for the bed is the best I've ever seen in any truck. Feels and drives like a full size truck and is extremely comfortable to drive. Off road the posi-trac and great ground clearance handle the desert southwest like a warrior. I love my trruck."

super truck

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"As long as Nissan is making the Frontier,I will not own any other brand."

just got a 2010

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"my first Nissan frontier,, got a crew cab great truck, did get the v 6 4.0 is a little hard on gas in town but lots of power ! so far very happy with it."

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Man what a awesome pickup!! I love it. The gas mileage is great. For a 4cyclinder this pickup will really haul a lot of stuff. It is pretty peepy also. Love this truck. Would buy another in a heart beat. With 75k miles on it and all I have done is put 1 set of tires on it and change the oil, count me in!! I'm sold!!"

Excellent mid-size truck!

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"The Frontier and Tacoma dominate this market. Reliability, performance, styling, functionality...they have it all. I am extremely pleased with my 2006 Nismo Crew-Cab Frontier!"

Outperforms all others

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Acceleration is hard on my neck, needs less power especially off the line. Speedometer stops engine at 116 MPH. The steering is tight and accurate at all speeds (unlike my Toyota Tacoma, another truck I've owned, whose steering was a little skittish at highway speed with a headwind). There are no suspension noises and everything feels solid and built to last (the fully boxed frame is a positive contributing factor, I'm sure). The interior is also exceptionally quiet (again, comparable to my Toyota Tundra and better than my Toyota Tacoma). It makes the Frontier feel more like a luxury vehicle. I've not take my Frontier off road, but have had the chance to use it during the winter when we had some heavy snow, ice & freezing rain. I can say definitively that the Frontier's 4 wheel drive system works flawlessly. It felt very sure-footed, I never had a loss of traction and I know that I would've slid off the road or gotten stuck without it. Having said that, you still have to keep in mind that even the best 4 wheel drive system won't help you stop any sooner, so you still have to drive cautiously. Also the Frontier is unique in that it has a 4 wheel electronic Limited Slip System that works even in 4 wheel drive (the Tacoma's system doesn't work in 4 wheel drive). Maybe this contributes to the great performance I experienced. Comfort and Convenience: The interior of the Frontier is well laid out, though fairly plain. If you aren't looking for alot of bling, and instead, value a function over form, you will like this interior. All the controls are pretty easy to figure out and intuitive. The interior is a bit on the smallish side. This doesn't bother me, because I'm a smallish guy, but I can see where others have commented that they would like to see more headroom, etc. One little complaint about the interior plastics is that it does scratch easily (soft plastic dash materials). Other than that, everything is tastefully designed and all the buttons/controls are where you think they should be (the layout of the various buttons & knobs are better than my Tacoma). On the exterior, as others have mentioned, the Utili-Track system in the bed is excellent and very versatile. Factory BFG tires only lasted 55,000 miles."

Has its issues

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"I love driving my 2009 Frontier, gives a nice ride, easy handling. After 4 months my rear fenders are all pitted up and rusting from rocks kicking up. Also, just had some 4'X8' 3/4" boards in my truck and they flattened the wheel well inside the bed!! Very upsetting, like it's made of tin!! The weight was well under the maximum allowed. So now I've had my truck for 6 months and it's starting to look terrible. Definitely not happy with that. Emailed Nissan, they told me to contact my dealer, it's not my dealers' problem! Love the truck, but very unsatisfied with these issues and the response from Nissan! They should allow me to get it repaired for free; it's a new truck for goodness sakes!"

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Traded in 2004 GM full sized 4x4 extended cab truck with only 21,000 miles. I was just out 0f the 36 month warranty and dealer couldn't find nor fix electrical problem of not starting if temp. was below 20 degrees F. Gas was over $4/gallon so I decided to downsize. I did my research and chose 4x4 Frontier, I have approx. 23,500 miles and have had no problems of any kind. I love this truck."

Great, but....

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"The comfort of this truck is great. I've had it in the city and on the road and it almost feels luxurious (compared to other trucks I've owned). The only disadvantage is the turning radius. Parking and turning is a challenge. My husband (a commercial truck driver) says that his Freightliner can turn better than the Frontier. I have two kid car seats in the back seat and it is a bit tight. The front seats cannot go very far back with the infant seat in place. With the toddler seat, you have a difficult time reaching anything in or out of the back"

Better than I expected

By on Friday, December 25, 2009

"I traded in a 2000 Tacoma 4x4 on a 2009 Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab. It's like night and day difference, the new Nissan is far superior in comfort, size, power, speed, and creature features. I compared this to the new Tacomas and they are both great trucks. I just liked the Frontier's ride a little better and it was a better value. Why a sports car company doesn't offer a standard shift with leather is beyond me. I added leather seats after market. As others noted, it takes 40 acres to turn around and the interior plastic scratches easily. The truck gets lots of compliments and after owning it for one 25,000 mile year, I am super satisfied. I'd definitely buy another one. Nissan's service is great, all I've needed are oil changes, filters, and tire rotations. Had a hitch installed too."

EXCELLENT VEHICLE

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"MY FIRST TRUCK AND MOST DEPENDABLE AND ROOM FOR MY DOGS"

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Great truck the only issues I have had are the front differentual went out but was covered by the warrenty and the front ujoints also went out but were covered as well great truck..."

a little disappointed

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"I, along with others, am not too happy with the turning radius. My truck also has, what I believe to be an inordinate number of annoying squeaks inside and outside. In addition, if you need to travel more than an hour, the ride can wear you out. Don't get me wrong, very powerful and the overall quality are great. But, I should have done a more careful analysis of my true needs before moving forward with the purchase."

GREAT!

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I love my 2007 nissan frontier, best truck in its class, very powerful engine for a V6, turning radius a lil wide, and arm rest is low for people with short arms, like my dad, it does not bother me. ARE Hard tonneau cover on back very clean lookin, this truck does everything, you ask it to do. GREAT BUY! 1 complaint it doesnt come in a V8!!"

Excellent choice

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"This is 7th Nissan Pickup. Never spent anything on repairs. WSould recommend to anyone..."

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"2 Winters in CNY have proven the snow worthiness of this great truck. The OEM tires are still on, though I will need to replace by the end of this summer. Fit and finish is comfortable for a truck. Do not think you are buying a 4x4 car with a truck body. The 05 and up Frontier's can do and take all they claim. Hauling lumber, topsoil, or a passengers is no big deal. The king cab version as usual in this market has 2 small rear, front facing seats that are more accurately "jump seats." Children or some groceries are fine, not really a place for an adult. The 4.0 liter V6 has excellent pull from bottom to top. Plenty of torque and power in the showroom auto, but even better in my 6 speed manual. Averaging 18-25 mpg with 19-22 mixed driving. Worst was 18 in deep snow. For me, just what I was looking for. A powerful, mid-sized truck with great truck capabilities, with a smaller price tag and better gas mileage. For my wife who prefers a soft car ride the truck is a little rough. But hey, it's a truck!"

Great truck

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Superb vehicle. Durable, comfortable, long bed is great for camping and dogs. Beautiful design. Love the way it handles on dirt roads. Inside cab tends to be a little noisy. It is necessary to open a front window when a back window is open due to reverberation and vibration. Back window facing bed should be able to be opened on all models. Biggest drawback is long wheel base makes it very difficult to park in some locations (especially parallel parking) and to back up into precarious places."