• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 530 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Solid Truck

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Sporty ride, more power than the competition"

Cons: "Wish it sat higher, plastic interior"

"I bought this truck new over a year ago. I enjoy offroading and went for the Pro4x package with a 6 speed manual transmission. The combination of the motor and the transmission offers sufficient power. I do wish the 1st gear was a little longer because I feel that shifting is needed earlier than I would like, but it is nice for driving down a sand wash. The truck has a very solid but not stiff ride. After driving other vehicles and returning to this, the ride quality to me seems better. The other vehicles being a Ford Flex, newer Town and Country and a '12 Dodge Ram 4x4. My only complaint would be the interior. The seats are nice and the design is nice but I don't care for the plastics. For a $30,000 truck it would be nice if the dash was softer and the door panels also. I really enjoy this truck and feel it is a better value than the competition. The Toyota Tacoma is a great truck but is priced too high for a similar option package. The Frontier is also a great truck for city driving because of its size. It is easy to park compared to the F-150 I previously had. With the six-speed manual I get a combined average of 17.5 mpg. That is not great but for a 4x4, crew-cab truck it is not bad. It took about 10,000 miles for the clutch to break in completely but after it did the shifting process became very smooth. I love this truck."

Great truck 2005

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Reason: fuel economy

Pros: "Reliable, fun"

Cons: "Bed is inches too small to fit a sheet of drywall"

"Fuel economy is really good, solid driving feel, I had approximately two mechanical issues post-accident. If I had never had an accident, I imagine I would have gone 200,000 before having any mechanical issues. Styling is good, view of surrounding road can't be beat, plenty of pep for acceleration."

I am 64 and this the best vehicle I have ever had

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "great sound, great truck,rides like a big car"

Cons: "no complaints"

"I have had this car from new, and have not been dissatified with it. It has 94,000 on it, and still runs like a champ."

Great Small truck

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "tows like a full size, comfy and tough"

Cons: "gets squirlley when towing uneven loads, sway bar!"

"This is a great weekend warrior pickup. Roof racks and bed extender come in real handy. Very impressed with drivability while towing, and overall handling. Although, if the load is only slightly uneven trailer sway gets pretty bad. A 60gallon cooler hanging on the back of our camper does it every time without sway bars. Interior is nice also, lots of cubbies and handy extras throughout. Nissan also avoided that, "it'll break if I touch it" feeling you get in dodge/chrysler vehicles. Be wary of the 2006 (production date of 5/06 or sooner) V6 models. There is a timing chain issue that wipes out the engine. Make sure the production date is 6/06 or later. You can find the pro date on the VIN sticker in the driver door jam. These will have the redesigned and very dependable v6. Otherwise this is one very dependable truck overall and I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a truck that doesn't want the gas guzzling or extra size of a full size pick up."

Best Truck I've ever own

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Great Truck with alot of extra's"

Cons: "no astray"

"Truck been very reliability and have had no issue's or trouble. 4.0L engine still as powerful as when I test drove it new. The Radio still working great and the Heater defrost the winshild very fast."