• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 530 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great Truck but has a couple of areas to improve

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I bought this truck about a year ago and have really enjoyed it. The in bed rails from the factory are great for tying down cargo and work extremely well. four wheel drive and traction control are nice on this truck. There are a couple of things that could be improved. Driver legroom is a little tight and I am not an overly tall guy... 6'2". The truck is a little sluggish pulling a trailer and definitely does not like pulling up 4% and greater mountain grades. Also the factory tires are passenger 4-ply BFG's instead of the light truck 6-ply. Most people will probably not notice this but it is a truck and should have the better tires. just an area where Nissan tried to cut some cost. The final thing is probably the most annoying and that is the rock chips on the front side of the rear fender. Nissan applied a protector to this area but it is not sufficient and you will find identical rock chips on 99% of all used frontiers with this body style. Overall it is a good truck and maintains its value well. I expect to have this truck for many years with very few problems."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"This is my 3rd new truck in 8 years and I'm finally happy. #1 Ford Ranger & #2 Dodge Dakota were both in the shop for serious warranty repairs within 6mo. This vehicle has a flawless service record after 1 year and 20K. I shopped it new against the Tacoma and could not have made a better choice on value for features offered. I chose the 4D-4WD-LB w/LE pkg & premium sound w/ sun roof. -29K out the door. I could not be happier."

Nissan Fan for Life!!!!

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 SE 4X4 AT King Cab. Best truck ever! I would like to have the manual trans. because i know i could get better gas mileage if i'm the one shifting gears. I had a 2005 colorado, what a junker! Nissan will be getting my business for years to come!"

Nice Truck

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Very comfortable, even for a 6'1" guy, my knees dont hit anywhere and there's plenty of room in the back for my picky adult friends. Truck also rides smooth and solid, and is very capable when off road to find those difficult river acces points, or climbing the mountain backroads for a good view. If you're considering this truck I can only suggest you try a test drive to make up you're mind. This is my second Frontier, and I'd be hard to convince to try a different truck."

2007 2WD Crew SE

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"Have had the truck 8 months and compared Toyota, Ford Sport Trac, Dodge Dakota. The Value Truck Package is a great combination of true "truck" features with limited slip, utilitrack, alloys. I've pulled a large landscape trailer with no issues, but wouldn't pull more than 4,000 lbs for towing without trailer brakes due to lower weight and "stopping power" of this truck. Three things to point out are the backseats aren't big enough for bigger kids for long trips, the tan interior seat fabric is very easy to stain and a relatively loud air conditioning compressor that comes on and off making a low metallic rattling sound. The dealer says the A/C noise is normal, but look out for this when you shop IMO. For a $21K truck, it's a solid value and a smooth riding daily driver. I'd opt for the LE trip level with limited slip if I had it to do over again. A few $K now, saves lots of "wish I'd done that" thoughts later! Good luck!"

AWSOM DEAL

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"TRUCK IS TIGHT, EFFICIENT(FOR A TRUCK), STRONG. GREAT VALUE FOR A MID SIZED TRUCK. HAS LOTS OF POWER. I ACTUALLY GET BETTER MILEAGE THAN WHAT IS POSTED ON THE STICKER. GREAT DOWN HE HIGHWAY. LESS ROAD NOISE THAN MOST OTHER TRUCKS. HOWEVER I WISH I HAD GOTTEN THE CREW CAB INSTEAD OF THE KING CAB. I FIND MYSELF WANTING THE DRIVE THE TRUCK INSTEAD OF THE CAR. NISSAN FRONTIER IS THE MOST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IN A MID SIZED TRUCK."

Reliable transportation with a classy look

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks and dependability"

Cons: "Rides like a truck"

It's kayak time!

"I saw this truck in the showroom and had to have it. It comes with the luggage rack (that we use to carry our kayak) and running boards. Real classy style. We have driven to both coasts and Canada averaging 20 - 23 MPG on the highway with speed limits of 55 to 85. Seats are comfortable but we have to remember it is a truck so it does not ride like a nice sedan. Best thing about my Frontier is its looks and dependability. Original tires lasted 82,000 miles and I have just changed the oil and done routine maintenance"

It's kayak time!

I Love this truck!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with lots of neat features."

Cons: "No GPS available."

"I have owned or leased more than 25 vehicles in my life, including 5 trucks and autos from Mercedes to basic company car sedans. This is a great truck, with lots of convenient features and comfort. Almost 40,000 miles without any problems."

I love my truck.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "change nothing"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"I have loved my Nissan since I bought it. Its my daily driver. With the stock engine, it will fly. comfortable, premium sound system lives up to being called premium"

Great truck, performs amaznigly for its size!

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Excellent truck all around."

Cons: "4.5' bed is difficult to manage."

"I've had my 06' Frontier Crew cab for two years. The truck has done everything I've asked of it and then-some. I tow with it much more than I had planned and it hasn't caused any extra wear aside form brakes which is to be expected. Towing fuel mileage is excellent. Maintenance is extremely manageable and the truck has never left me sit. The interior leaves some to be desired but I bought a basic model, I'm sure there are options to make it more comfortable. The engine has plenty of power for a V6. I went with the six-speed manual and it's great. Although I can't speak for the automatic models. The truck is an everyday family man's vehicle but if I feel the need to drive spiritedly it performs well. For being a 4x4 truck, it responds similar to a mid-sized car as far as steering, handling and overall feel which is impressive. It also proved successful Off-Road."