• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 509 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

a very good truck

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "IT GOT ME THROUGH 2FT OF FRESH SNOW AND IT WAS FUN"

Cons: "IT IS THE FRONT END THAT I DID NOT LIKE THE LOOK"

"IM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS TRUCK, I HAVE OWNED IT FOR 5 YEARS. I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT. I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE. WHEN I FIRST STARTED SHOPPING FOR A TRUCK, I WAS TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN A NISSAN OR A TACOMA. I USE TO OWN A TACOMA. ANYWAY, THE PRICE IS WHAT CONVINCED ME THE TACOMA WAS $10,000 HIGHER THAN THE NISSAN. THEY WERE THE SAME EQUIPPED. I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. I LIKE BOTH TRUCKS."

fully loaded, 4x4, LE, well maintained

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "crew cab- room for everyone"

Cons: "could use seat covers to protect the leather"

Silver Frontier in yard

"Clean body, good paint, well maintained, V6, All the bells and whistles. Top of the line sound system, leather, heated seats. So many extras wife wouldn't let me take out of town for fear of it getting stolen. Almost new tires.Bed liner with removable tie-down cleats. Electric Sliding sun roof, Luggage rack. non-smoking owner."

Silver Frontier in yard

Great Truck (except for ONE IMPORTANT THING)

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Drive Great/Handles Great....very confortable"

Cons: "Costly Automatic Transmission Problems"

"2004-2006 Nissan Pathfinders/Xteras & Frontiers....have a bad transmission problem...anti-freeze mixing in with the transmission fluid damaging the transmission that is VERY VERY Costly $4,500 to $7,500 for a new transmission. Nissan knew about this many years now and never recalled any of these vehicles....buyers beware UNLESS the radiator has been changed or an external transmission cooler is added before this contamination occurs."

Great Price!!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Best price ever."

Cons: "None that I am yet aware of."

"I have not owned my Frontier long enough to give a complete review regarding its performance. However, prior to purchasing I was interested in either the Tacoma or the Frontier and looked at them both on KBB and then went to the dealers and drove each. I found them to be pretty much equal and would have been happier with either one and so, for me, it was going to come down to price. The Nissan dealer gave me a price that was thousand less then the KBB fair price to purchase and that tipped me in favor of the Frontier by a long shot. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and the price was beyond my expectations. If the vehicle satisfies me in other respects as much as its value it will be the best car purchase I have ever made."

Great Truck - Off Road Features are very good

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Styling, off-road features, overall performance"

Cons: "MPG as usual. Auto-windows can freeze up-not good"

"I have owned this PRO 4X for two years - replacing a 2010 LE that replaced a DR that replaced a 14 year old 1987 Hard-body King Cab. When I drove off the lot I thought that the features of this Pro 4X were fancy. I selected Nissan AGAIN after seriously considering a Tacoma but Toyota did not offer any adjustments to the seat. Everyone is not the same size and long trips make low back support and adjustment features a must for me. The Pro-4X "fancy" features got me off the mountain in a sudden snow storm that iced up the mountain. I know nothing drives on ice but the Nissan's low gears, hill decent, and locker got me home. That day I became a huge fan of the Nissan Pro-4X. Mileage is "OK" at 19-21 highway and 16-17 locally. The truck is good for family trips to the beach and vacations. You just can't beat a bed for storing kids stuff that always seems to have sand, dirt, etc attached. We use the truck to tow a small travel trailer and it does so quite well. The MPG does suffer and drops to 8-10 mpg on those trips. Overall, it is a great truck for just about any purpose. The engine is very responsive and the off road features are very useful for those of us in the north east who need to be at work rain or shine. The only negative issue was that the power windows can freeze up and not work. This was the case with the 2010 LE as well. Great Truck. Highly recommended."