• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 531 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great truck 2005

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Reason: fuel economy

Pros: "Reliable, fun"

Cons: "Bed is inches too small to fit a sheet of drywall"

"Fuel economy is really good, solid driving feel, I had approximately two mechanical issues post-accident. If I had never had an accident, I imagine I would have gone 200,000 before having any mechanical issues. Styling is good, view of surrounding road can't be beat, plenty of pep for acceleration."

I am 64 and this the best vehicle I have ever had

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "great sound, great truck,rides like a big car"

Cons: "no complaints"

"I have had this car from new, and have not been dissatified with it. It has 94,000 on it, and still runs like a champ."

Great Small truck

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "tows like a full size, comfy and tough"

Cons: "gets squirlley when towing uneven loads, sway bar!"

"This is a great weekend warrior pickup. Roof racks and bed extender come in real handy. Very impressed with drivability while towing, and overall handling. Although, if the load is only slightly uneven trailer sway gets pretty bad. A 60gallon cooler hanging on the back of our camper does it every time without sway bars. Interior is nice also, lots of cubbies and handy extras throughout. Nissan also avoided that, "it'll break if I touch it" feeling you get in dodge/chrysler vehicles. Be wary of the 2006 (production date of 5/06 or sooner) V6 models. There is a timing chain issue that wipes out the engine. Make sure the production date is 6/06 or later. You can find the pro date on the VIN sticker in the driver door jam. These will have the redesigned and very dependable v6. Otherwise this is one very dependable truck overall and I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a truck that doesn't want the gas guzzling or extra size of a full size pick up."

Best Truck I've ever own

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Great Truck with alot of extra's"

Cons: "no astray"

"Truck been very reliability and have had no issue's or trouble. 4.0L engine still as powerful as when I test drove it new. The Radio still working great and the Heater defrost the winshild very fast."

great for a work truck!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "great for towing"

Cons: "grown men not comfortable in back seat"

"We purchased this truck used at 36,000 miles from a teenager who probably never towed anything with it. Since then we have enjoyed this trucks towing capabilities for utility trailers packed down with equipment and the cab holding four men with tools in the bed. It has performed very well with great acceleration. Some draw backs include, the back seats are not made for grown men, so long rides are uncomfortable and hard on the back and legs. Also shortly after our purchase, a bolt that rattled loose from the tranismisson case and caused us to replace the bearing, but we were still able to pull the trailer home while this was happening. We have not had any other mechanical problems since this just minor glitches, for example, some of the lights in the dash have come on since driving in the rain and will not turn off, but they have not affected it's perfomance. We have the 4x4 and have used it for this purpose, works great. Normal driving in town is a bit bumpy and sways on turns, but not alarmingly. Road noise could be better filtered out from the cab, but it could be our choice in tires ( heavy duty 10 ply with nitrogen).Favorite options include deep cup holders in the door panels, deep storage arm rest, dash and storage under back seat. Our truck has a six disk cd changer with subwoofer, although there is a draw back with radio when it gets too hot inside the cab, the radio will not work until the ac cools the interior down enough. Options I wish it offered would be ac vents and softer seats for passengers in the back. My husband fits in this truck just fine, but being a small woman, I would like to have the pedals come to me instead of my seat coming to the pedals (It creats a situation where my knees are almost touching the dash)and I have to use a back support to be able to reach the pedals and still be able to lean on the back of the seat at the same time. I'm only 5'1 so it's not comfortable for me to drive long distances in this truck, but if you are taller than me, this truck has good head clearance inside."