• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 531 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

A Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, nice to look upon, sturdy"

Cons: "no ash tray"

"Hi I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. As a lady truck driver, I've found it to be just the right size, good on gas and fancy to look upon! It comfortably seats 5 people and has a nice sound system. I only wish I had purchased the one with ALL the options! The Frontier is a wonderful truck!"

Very happy with this truck.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, cost, smooth and quite ride."

Cons: "Arm rest is all I can think of that's a con."

"I am very happy with this truck. I haven't owned enough vehicles to know what I'm missing really so I can only offer things that I dislike. Fuel could be better considering full size trucks get basically the same now. But the 17-18 is accurate. My biggest gripe, which is not bad, is the comfort of the driver seat. The arm rest is to far to the rear of the vehicle. The same goes for the driver door arm rest. The seat could probably have a little better quality. This is really only an issue with a longer trip. Ultimately, my next Frontier will not be a base model. I will get 4x4, sun roof, leather and all the bells and whistles I had with my previous vehicle. But I'm almost positive it will be another frontier. The only other option would be a Titan, depending on difference in cost and fuel. I think the additional cab room would be nice. So far, (knock on wood) no mechanical issues whatsoever."

Good truck bad gas mileage

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Good little truck looks good in and out fair price"

Cons: "If it had good gas mileage this would be a 10"

"I just bought a new Frontier SV crew cab so far so good I am impressed with the interior and exterior of the vehicle I was never a Nissan person I had 1988 300ZX which I won under the lemon law my money back now I am impressed. I only wish this Frontier was electric I am getting about 230 mi. on a tank (10-12MPG surprising) it defeated the reason for buying it. I wanted to drive around to visit my customers to get more business in this crappie economy I get better gas mileage with my old Chevy van 3500."

Wonderful truck

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"I love the Frontier. Did tons of research, tested a Tacoma, not even close in comfort and fun factor. The size is perfect for our family. Love the sound system. Feel very safe and in control, would never buy a different truck. We have a Maxima that we just love, and wanted the same engine and build in our truck. Tacomas are more expensive, noiser, choppier, and rough. Don't do it. The Frontier is the best in it's class and the incentives for June were fabulous"

After 4yrs of ownership

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I've had my Frontier since Oct 2005, and overall I would say I've been quite pleased with this small truck. There are a few aesthetic changes I might suggest, but if you're looking for reliability, value, and a great driving vehicle - this is definately one I'd recommend. I researched small trucks for over a year before deciding that the Frontier XE (manual transmission and no autolocks or autowindows - call me old school) was the one I wanted. Two test drives later, I was sold. Sticker price was $24K, we paid less than $15K with a free hardtop for the bed (in addition to all the "standards") after some "negotiations" with sales staff. Would suggest upgrading the stereo system after purchase (the factory speakers have survived 4 years of blaring rock and roll though - impressive!) 4 star review. 4 years later, I still love this truck! One more minor thing worth mentioning, at 5'1" I have plenty of room - my husband at 6'4" disagrees, though he does physically fit it's not as comfy for him - taller buyers might try the Titan."