• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 512 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

I Love this truck!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with lots of neat features."

Cons: "No GPS available."

"I have owned or leased more than 25 vehicles in my life, including 5 trucks and autos from Mercedes to basic company car sedans. This is a great truck, with lots of convenient features and comfort. Almost 40,000 miles without any problems."

A Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, nice to look upon, sturdy"

Cons: "no ash tray"

"Hi I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. As a lady truck driver, I've found it to be just the right size, good on gas and fancy to look upon! It comfortably seats 5 people and has a nice sound system. I only wish I had purchased the one with ALL the options! The Frontier is a wonderful truck!"

This truck is awesome. I feel like a million bucks

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"NIce truck overall."

BEST TRUCK MADE

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

"BEST TRUCK I EVER HAD I AM 83 YRS OLD HAD MANY VEHICLES THIS IS THE GREATEST"

do not like transmission

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Cons: "only 13 miles per gal."

"transmission down shifts even when going down hill 60 miles per when you have foot off gas peddle"

Sleek and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks great, drives well, gets the job done!"

Cons: "Back seat is cramped."

"I really love this truck. It drives smooth and it's very dependable. It looks really good, especially the interior. It looks even better lifted. It tows well and has a great bed. The only thing I don't like is the back seat. It's very cramped, so avoid it if you have a family. Otherwise, it's a great truck that came with a great warranty!"

Greatest disappointment purchase of my life.

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "looks, convience"

Cons: "quality... and company standing behind product"

"I had hoped to retire with this truck.... I've had to install two transmissions (auto) Tailgate brackets broke dropped tailgate... CD broke..auto window broke..air bags went out.. fuel sensor went out... spent thousands on emissions repair. This is "the" truck I wanted at a great disappointment. I've told everyone I know or asked what a disappointment it has been..... the Nissan dealership who wouldn't stand behind the faults.... told me I needed a timing belt..that was 40,000 miles ago and timing belt is just fine."

Very happy with this truck.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, cost, smooth and quite ride."

Cons: "Arm rest is all I can think of that's a con."

"I am very happy with this truck. I haven't owned enough vehicles to know what I'm missing really so I can only offer things that I dislike. Fuel could be better considering full size trucks get basically the same now. But the 17-18 is accurate. My biggest gripe, which is not bad, is the comfort of the driver seat. The arm rest is to far to the rear of the vehicle. The same goes for the driver door arm rest. The seat could probably have a little better quality. This is really only an issue with a longer trip. Ultimately, my next Frontier will not be a base model. I will get 4x4, sun roof, leather and all the bells and whistles I had with my previous vehicle. But I'm almost positive it will be another frontier. The only other option would be a Titan, depending on difference in cost and fuel. I think the additional cab room would be nice. So far, (knock on wood) no mechanical issues whatsoever."

great fun and good looking too.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great to drive"

"i love this truck got great valve out of my 2007 frontier and they ROSS nisson did a great job in forfilling my dream truck"

Best Pickup yet

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, smooth, comfortable, good-looking"

Cons: "mileage"

2012 Nissan Frontier SL CC LB lava-red

"My previous pickup was a '92 Nissan SEV6 King cab 4x4 - which up to 2012, was the best vehicle I ever owned. So I had high expectations for the 2012 model. I wasn't disappointed. I bought this SL CC lava-red model brand new, and it has everything I want in a truck, including bling. In fact it is the coolest-looking pick up going when loaded with roof rack, chrome grill guard, chrome tailgate applique, etc. It has a powerful engine coupled to a smooth transmission for hauling and moving out fast when you need it. Very comfortable and quiet ride. The interior has all the luxuries, while appearing utilitarian (it is a truck, after all). The back seat may be a little cramped for adults,, but my kids report they comfortable and roomy for them. The only feature I dislike is the gas mileage. Use all that power often, and you will get pretty bad mileage. I started off with first tank at 12 mpg mainly city driving, improved to 16/17 mpg at 50/50 city/hwy, and 19/20 mpg at mostly highway. That's not really too bad for a pickup designed to carry loads and hauling, especially considering my '92 SEV6 got 19 mpg and was smaller, lighter, had a smaller engine. To get better mileage, I changed my driving habits to avoid city stop-&-go traffic, and take to the freeway whenever the option presents itself. Mileage improved markedly after reaching 5,500 miles on odometer. Also accelerator is electrical wire, and takes getting used to - best to accelerate briskly to get to cruising speed, and keep the gas in the same position thereafter. I have to also say that I like my dealer very much (gasp). He has been very responsive to my every concern, including swapping-out parts at no charge (a spare-tire lock for a missing tow hook), and giving me the first 3,750 mile maintenance free."

2012 Nissan Frontier SL CC LB lava-red

Nissan does not stand behind their products!!!!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Great design"

Cons: "Nissan will not take responsibility for problems."

"Absolutely loved this truck and fit and design is great but the reliability is horrid. As soon as my warranty was up the problems hit the fan. I used my truck for work with lots of highway miles. I average about 25k a year. Here are a list of problems and prices that happened once the warranty ran out: Gas tank sensor causing the gas gauge to not work. Nissan does not feel that this is an issue running out of gas in the middle of nowhere. P&L=$350.00 Rear end vent not working causing the seals to leak become bad causing gear oil to leak into the brakes ruining pads and running rear dry destroys gears and bearings. Look online as this is a common problem also but not covered as I had too many miles. P&L=$1700.00 Vacuum sensor for gas tank causing check engine light. And yes another common problem. $275.00 Tire sensors stopped working causing tire light to stay on. Nissan wanted $500 just for parts not including resetting the computer. Here is the biggie! There is an admitted engineering defect in the trucks radiator where it splits open inside mixing the engine coolant and the trans fluid causing the transmission to self destruct. Nissan said that they will extend the warranty but each time they did I was over. If you get this repair done at the dealer you are looking at least $6500.00 repair. Loved the truck and design but with what I have experienced I will never ever purchase another Nissan again and do not have the heart to sell or trade in this truck as that is not the right thing to do. I may part it out and cut my losses."

I love my truck.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "change nothing"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"I have loved my Nissan since I bought it. Its my daily driver. With the stock engine, it will fly. comfortable, premium sound system lives up to being called premium"

Nissan reduces quality, won't honor warranty

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive, holds large payload"

Cons: "Cheaply built engine/emission system"

"2005 Nissan Frontier lasted 75000 miles before falling apart. First the timing chain cover seals failed, which dramatically lowered oil pressure. Cost to replace: $3200. Now the emission system has failed, and although it is warranted for 80K/8yrs, Nissan will not honor warranty because it is 2 months older than 8 yrs!"

Great all purpose truck with some great features!

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Just enough utility and comfort for daily driving"

Cons: "Needs a diesel engine, like the UK model."

"An all over great truck that has a good look in the SL version. Utility with comfort features like a sunroof, leather and heated seats. I would recommend it!"

Great truck, performs amaznigly for its size!

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Excellent truck all around."

Cons: "4.5' bed is difficult to manage."

"I've had my 06' Frontier Crew cab for two years. The truck has done everything I've asked of it and then-some. I tow with it much more than I had planned and it hasn't caused any extra wear aside form brakes which is to be expected. Towing fuel mileage is excellent. Maintenance is extremely manageable and the truck has never left me sit. The interior leaves some to be desired but I bought a basic model, I'm sure there are options to make it more comfortable. The engine has plenty of power for a V6. I went with the six-speed manual and it's great. Although I can't speak for the automatic models. The truck is an everyday family man's vehicle but if I feel the need to drive spiritedly it performs well. For being a 4x4 truck, it responds similar to a mid-sized car as far as steering, handling and overall feel which is impressive. It also proved successful Off-Road."

Solid Truck

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Sporty ride, more power than the competition"

Cons: "Wish it sat higher, plastic interior"

"I bought this truck new over a year ago. I enjoy offroading and went for the Pro4x package with a 6 speed manual transmission. The combination of the motor and the transmission offers sufficient power. I do wish the 1st gear was a little longer because I feel that shifting is needed earlier than I would like, but it is nice for driving down a sand wash. The truck has a very solid but not stiff ride. After driving other vehicles and returning to this, the ride quality to me seems better. The other vehicles being a Ford Flex, newer Town and Country and a '12 Dodge Ram 4x4. My only complaint would be the interior. The seats are nice and the design is nice but I don't care for the plastics. For a $30,000 truck it would be nice if the dash was softer and the door panels also. I really enjoy this truck and feel it is a better value than the competition. The Toyota Tacoma is a great truck but is priced too high for a similar option package. The Frontier is also a great truck for city driving because of its size. It is easy to park compared to the F-150 I previously had. With the six-speed manual I get a combined average of 17.5 mpg. That is not great but for a 4x4, crew-cab truck it is not bad. It took about 10,000 miles for the clutch to break in completely but after it did the shifting process became very smooth. I love this truck."

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 2012

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "roomy rear bench seat, good looks"

Cons: "tires are soft, wide steering radius"

"Overall this is a nice truck. I gave the interior design a 9 only because the dash feels to far away from the drivers seat and I find myself reaching to use the control knobs. I rated the driving dynamics at 9, the turning radius seem a bit wide and I find the truck hard to keep steady on the road, it seems to wander on the road. I believe it to be soft sidewalls on the BF Goodrich Long trails that are factory installed. If I could change anything on the truck it would definitely be the tires."

Solid truck - not too big - fits in garage nicely

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "power train - ride - stereo - attractive vehicle"

Cons: "turn radius - Gas mileage -"

"Over 200,000 miles. Never had to ever have an alignment in over 200,000 miles Repairs both rear axles leaked - needed replaced one front bearing - needed replaced Gas gauge sensor - failed - replaced (known defect by Nissan)"

This is my 7th Nissan truck, it is the worst truck

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "nissan"

"This truck has been nothing but problems from the first week. Had the towing pack, the dealership installed it wrong and the lights did not work. The gas gauge stopped working by the 6th month. The paint is peeling (garage kept), timing chain went out, fuel pump died, all this within the first several years. Now the truck won't good over 25 mph or 2000 rpms. Dealership wants $2500 to fix that. The relay also went out. I will never ever buy another Nissan! Toyota here I come! A few other things, it's just so much wrong can recall all of it."

Good strong truck

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "tows great, good pickup power"

"I have had this truck for a little over a year now and in my opinion, it would be hard to beat with another mid size and even some full size trucks. I have towed a travel trailer (roughly 5000 lbs using a weight distribution hitch) many miles and have had no issues at all. It has never overheated when I hit the hard hills and kicks in great for that extra pickup. I have trailer brakes and keep my speed around 60 to 65 mph. The truck itself will want to go over that which speaks well of the horsepower. I’m not in that big of a hurry and the time difference is minimal. The only complaint I have, which is also minimal, is the middle department between the front seats could have extended out further to make a better arm rest. Another than that and the cab room limitations, (all midsize trucks) this is a great truck and I would highly recommend it to others."

Excellent driveability and high quality truck

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"This truck has been great. Never had any problems from it. Handles like a sports car and is solid as a truck. Can fit two car seats in the back seat along with a skinny 15 yr old (6')."

Nissan has let us down

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

"This being the 5th new Nissan truck that we have bought over the years, this year/model has been very disappointing. The tow Package that came with it the lights kept going out. The fuel pump went out. The transmission went out. The fuel gauge never worked, they claim to have fixed it on several occasions while being serviced, but it still doesn't work. The drivers seat belt never recoils, they also claimed to have fixed that. And on the second year the paint is peeling off."

Great all around truck

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Strong engine, smooth ride, utilitarian."

Cons: "Roof rack rattles, thirsty engine, heavy lift gate"

"I'm driving the '07 NISMO 4x2 crew cab. This truck had been very useful and reliable. I've not had any mechanical issues. The engine is very responsive and really gets up and goes. The tie down system for the bed provides unlimited tie dow variations. The truck looks good and drives well. The handling is good for a truck but if you want a more car-like driving experience, get a Honda Ridgeline. The roof rack is useful but you need to stand on the running boards or truck bed to reach it. Mileage is so-so; about 18mpg avg. It has been very comfortable for long drives and handles well off-road. The cabin is quiet with the sliding sun roof closed but the roof rack rattles at times. The optional Rockford-Fosgate stereo is nothing short of amazing! Overall, I really like it."

First truck, excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"50k miles, still rides like a dream! We changed over to AS tires when AT finally wore out, very quiet on highway now. Great for pulling my boat trailer. Bought bed extender and liner for bed. Very powerful engine, switches from 2 WD to 4 WD w/o a hitch. Only item needing replacement was CD player (go on-line to buy one, Nissan wants $500 for the part alone)."

Great Vehicle..

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "Powerful Engine, Great Stereo, Useful bed"

"Purchased in late 2006.. Truck is powered perfectly and drives great. Inside is quiet and seats 5 very comfortable. Rockford Forsgate Stereo is a bonus and exceptional. Short bed is perfect for hauling everything you need.. Snow Blower, Power Washer and all appliances. The bed extension allows you some extra room as well. Really not a thing I would change.."