• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 526 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Good truck

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I normally drive full size pickups, this is my first small truck. It's probably the best small truck in it's class. Great passing power, fair to good gas mileage, 21 and 18. I'm a big guy so I could use just a hair more leg room but I needed more room in the full size trucks also, except for my Dodge 2500, Quad cab. The ride is ok, mine is 4WD with the limited slip front and back. It actually rides better on logging roads than it does on the highway but it could use a little more road clearance. My only real complaints are the front suspension, which I think is a little weak on rough paved roads and the brakes are terrible, in my opinion. I think sometimes I've got my big foot on the gas as I'm braking, not much room between the two pedals but even when I'm sure I'm only on the brake pedal, it takes alot to bring it to a halt quickly. Don't think it would be very good with a load behind it. Also, my Polaris 700 4 wheeler does not fit between the wheel wells in the bed. Only time I loaded it, I broke the rear window before I could stop the 4 wheeler (slid off the front of the wheel wells). Would I buy another, no, but I will never buy any small truck again. My two previous trucks, a chevy 4WD Z-71 with a 285hp V-8 and a Dodge 2500 quad cab diesel both got as good a gas mileage as this frontier and they have so much more room."

Ups and Downs

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I've been driving SUV's for years and went to a pick up. This was my first Nissan. I had a noise in the engine that turned out to be an electric valve they that to epoxy. I still have an annoying squeak in the left front the my 2005, that is now out of warrenty. The shop would tighten it down to stop the squeak for a month, and it would come back. 5 sp manual gets over 20 mpg, and I've hit 21 on trips. Brakes make a god awful sound when two tires hit dirt and two tires stay on pavement. Shop says it's the anti-lock doing that and it's normal? I have the spray on bed liner, and no one can tell me how to keep the color..it's fading. Bed is extremely hard to clean out with the ridges. Power is good, but it needs more than regular, I suggest using the mid-grade..better milage and engine performace makes up for the 10 to 12 cent difference. Get the 6 ft bed, you'll be glad you did. I'm looking for another truck, the Frontier is in the running, but I'm open to something better. Toyota didn't have all the bells and whistles, it cost more, and the windshield was restrictive compared to the Nissan. 4wd works well in the sand and snow, but if you're diving in sand consider the automatic."

Most Impressed

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I've owned my Frontier for about 2 months. I love this truck. I'm most impressed with it's looks, power, and comfort. I considered a Tacoma but after test driving both, I liked the seating position and the power of the Frontier better. Also, a comparably equipped Tacoma was much higher in price. I got a great deal on my Frontier and was able to buy new instead of used. I would highly recommend the Nissan Frontier."

2006 Frontier LE

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I love this truck. I have only owned three cars my entire life and all three of them have been Nissans. I had a 1990 pickup, 1995 200sx SE-R, and now a 2006 Frontier LE. I took this truck on a month long trip across the United States pulling a 4000lbs travel trailer..... over 9000 miles Grand Canyon, Death Valley (114degrees), Yosemite, Yellowstone (17degrees at night), and Mount Rushmore. Truck never missed a beat. Actual gas mileage is about 19.5 Highway and about 18 city. Pulling the 4000 trailer I got 8-12 mpg. LOVE IT!!!"

Best Truck

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I use my truck like a truck, I tow, and I haul stuff. the 4.0L V6 is stronger then my friends Full size chevy. I have had no problems with my truck, other than oil changes I have not put a dime into it. Nissan finally has a truck that stands alone. I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for some reliability. Toyota does not even come close."

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No regrets

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This is the best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Great buy for those intertested in a similiar one. Take care."

a very good truck

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "IT GOT ME THROUGH 2FT OF FRESH SNOW AND IT WAS FUN"

Cons: "IT IS THE FRONT END THAT I DID NOT LIKE THE LOOK"

"IM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS TRUCK, I HAVE OWNED IT FOR 5 YEARS. I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT. I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE. WHEN I FIRST STARTED SHOPPING FOR A TRUCK, I WAS TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN A NISSAN OR A TACOMA. I USE TO OWN A TACOMA. ANYWAY, THE PRICE IS WHAT CONVINCED ME THE TACOMA WAS $10,000 HIGHER THAN THE NISSAN. THEY WERE THE SAME EQUIPPED. I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. I LIKE BOTH TRUCKS."

great truck

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"truck is reliable and dependable. tows my 20 ft boat with ease and hauls it out of water on trailer easily. handles and rides well on highway. only gripe, poor gas mileage 22 on highway, would like 26-28. come on sonja, you can do it!"

Utilitarian and tough. Great in snow.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good tow capacity. Rugged and reliable."

Cons: "Not exactly roomy."

"I have no complaints at all. Good solid body on frame truck with a reliable proven engine. Gas mileage was dead on with EPA estimate. Really good value. Dealer is trying to trade me up to the Titan. Trade value is so good, I might just go for the big truck. V8 is only one MPG worse."

solid feel ,powerful drive train

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "nice design, comfortable int.,powerful sm. truck"

Cons: "dents easily, poor fuel economy"

"good truck ,very capable for a small truck .great in snow ,but set up an oil well in your yard. tough on fuel."

Great truck that gets us anywhere and hi towing

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Great combo of low owner cost, attractiveness, tow"

Cons: "We all would like higher gas mileage."

"Tows about anything and this is great in a mid size truck. Strong engine 4L. Smooth ride. Will probably just keep if can only get $16k."

Solid truck - not too big - fits in garage nicely

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "power train - ride - stereo - attractive vehicle"

Cons: "turn radius - Gas mileage -"

"Over 200,000 miles. Never had to ever have an alignment in over 200,000 miles Repairs both rear axles leaked - needed replaced one front bearing - needed replaced Gas gauge sensor - failed - replaced (known defect by Nissan)"

best suspension for a truck

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "a lot of power"

Cons: "registered as commercial means higher insurance"

"one of the best truck"

Great truck for simple use

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, good sound"

Cons: "Gas is not the best for city whatsoever."

"I've had my truck for about a year now. I've put about 15K miles on it and havent (knock on wood) had any issues besides changing the original tires. This truck has an amazing sound system and is a complete joy to drive my dogs around with. If you are looking for a used truck with a lot of life and love in it, go with a Nissan Frontier from 2004-present, you will not be disappointed!"

Excellent

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, good power, dash arrangement."

Cons: "Fuel mileage, turning radius."

"Exactly what I needed. Back seat to haul grand kids around and the 6' bed to haul extraneous items...trash, bikes, etc. Four wheel drive to get through the snow in Wyoming. All around great vehicle."

Incredible value and great driver

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Price, Driving Dynamics, off road capability"

Cons: "Interior is very basic. Pro4 x package helps"

"I prefer performance sedans as I enjoy driving a car and appreciate good suspension, steering, and handling. I like camping and outdoor sports so I bought a Jeep Wrangler (08 Sahara) and enjoyed it for a while. The off road was terrific but it was lacking significantly in terms of on road and especially highway driving performance. Torque at low end was good but accelerating onto a road or highway was bad. The hood would shake quite a bit as well due to the strap down feature. (I guess a 5.7 hemi and locking down the hood would have helped) So,...not willing to endure those dynamics I started my search for an off road vehicle that drove well to and from the outdoor activities. The Frontier Pro 4x is the answer. (This is my first pick up BTW....lots of sport utes in my past.) It drives incredibly well, is fast, is nimble, and it is still a serious off road machine. (I have tested it.) I highly recommend the Frontier Pro 4 X if you want driving performance and off road capability. It is a very unique vehicle in that it does both well."

the best truck I've owned

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "driver seat is very uncomfortable on long distance"

"I love this truck, i will buy it again, very dependable, if and when it breaks down it is very expensive to work on, i.e. catalytic converters there are four of them about $3400.00 to replace them!!! other than that is a great truck!"

Great truck, fits in the garage

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "The truck is a lot of drive"

Cons: "A few more inches of leg room for the driver seat."

"This is my second nissan frontier. PRO4-X has a lot of exquipment. Lots of power from the engine and the transmission is smooth. Really like the utilitrack tie down system and the bed extender. I am tall and could use a few more inches of driver seat travel. But the power driver seat makes all of the difference."

You can't beat this truck! Outstanding ride

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "See review"

Cons: "See review"

"This truck is as comfortable as my wife's sedan. The V-6 is very responsive - an excellent value for the price. I only have one samll complaint about it, that's the lack of legroom in the back seat. Fortunately, I only ride in back when we have more than 5 people to squeeze in."

Four years old and no regrets

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, powerful, Great load capacity"

Cons: "wide turning radius"

Driving around New England. Dirty but gorgeous.

"I bought my 2007 Frontier after months of comparing it to the Toyota Tacoma. I absolutely love it! One of my best friends got the Tacoma with all the same features and I can tell you, the Nissan is a monster compared to the Taco. It's heavier, safer, has better brakes, drives better and hauls more. It's gets a little less gas mileage in the city but better on the highway. It still looks new and I often get compliments on it. No regrets. The only negative thing I can say about this truck is the wide turning radius. I just park far away and avoid tight spots. Saves dents and dings anyway."

Driving around New England. Dirty but gorgeous.

Great truck for the money

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Powerful V-6 and great handling on and off road"

Cons: "none so far"

"I have now owned my fontier for 1 month. I recently gave my 2003 Ford Ranger to my son and decided to look at Nissan and Toyota. I decided on the Frontier because of the powerful 4.0L V-6 engine. I also like the look of the Frontier. I have the 4x4 and it handles very well off road in mud and sand. The 4.0L V-6 will move when you push the gas. It has so much more power than my 4.0L Ford Ranger. I have read other reviews on how the interior looks cheap from all of the plastic. I don't mind the plastic dash and interior it is easy to keep clean. Over all the truck is a very good vehicle on and off the road. I highly recommend looking at the Frontier if you don't need a full size truck for hauling heavy loads."

Value, Quality, all around best in class !!!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I looked at all the pick ups before I bought this,this truck is unbelievable! Rock solid quality and a fair price,not cheap. I towed a 24 ft. travel trailer with this truck and pulled it flawlessly!!! Its not supposed to do that!!Super well built and reliable, never had a problem in omost 100 k miles. Im really hard on pick ups,and this truck can take whatever abuse I can give it. Seriously this truck is old school quality. Ride is a little stiff."

I love my truck!!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Price is fair, excellent to drive, easy"

Cons: "no enough room for more friends"

"This truck is great for my family and i. we also like off roading and it gets by tight areas."

I bought this truck new and will never sell it.

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, plenty of power and torque."

"I bought this truck new and have had it for 5 and half years. I still would choose this truck over any midsize truck on the market, yes including Toyota. I love my truck!!!"