• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 526 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Wonderful truck

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"I love the Frontier. Did tons of research, tested a Tacoma, not even close in comfort and fun factor. The size is perfect for our family. Love the sound system. Feel very safe and in control, would never buy a different truck. We have a Maxima that we just love, and wanted the same engine and build in our truck. Tacomas are more expensive, noiser, choppier, and rough. Don't do it. The Frontier is the best in it's class and the incentives for June were fabulous"

After 4yrs of ownership

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I've had my Frontier since Oct 2005, and overall I would say I've been quite pleased with this small truck. There are a few aesthetic changes I might suggest, but if you're looking for reliability, value, and a great driving vehicle - this is definately one I'd recommend. I researched small trucks for over a year before deciding that the Frontier XE (manual transmission and no autolocks or autowindows - call me old school) was the one I wanted. Two test drives later, I was sold. Sticker price was $24K, we paid less than $15K with a free hardtop for the bed (in addition to all the "standards") after some "negotiations" with sales staff. Would suggest upgrading the stereo system after purchase (the factory speakers have survived 4 years of blaring rock and roll though - impressive!) 4 star review. 4 years later, I still love this truck! One more minor thing worth mentioning, at 5'1" I have plenty of room - my husband at 6'4" disagrees, though he does physically fit it's not as comfy for him - taller buyers might try the Titan."

2008 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I bought this truck after careful comparison with the Toyota Tacoma TRD. I wanted a mid-size truck that would get decent gas mileage, be capable off-road and towing heavy loads for work around the house, and room to haul the family to the mountains for ski/camping trips. Lots of test drives, value for the dollar, and room for 3 kids in the back seat led me to buy the Nissan Frontier. After 7 months owning the truck and driving in many different environments, I definitely made the right decision. Thoughts are as follows: Power: Very smooth and powerful V6. I have had the truck over numerous Colorado mountain passes fully loaded with kids/hunting gear and it climbs efforlessly. Gas mileage better than expected - 22+ MPG from Gunnison to Denver over and down multiple mountain passes with gear. Off-road Capability: Very capable in both snow and mud. Did not use chains on a recent hunting trip - the rear locker makes all the difference. Off road ride is better than my old Jeep Wrangler and many friends' Range Rovers. Received numerous compliments from friends on rocky terrain ride quality. This is a heavy truck and it pays dividends off-road. Climbs like a mountain goat. Nissan could have improved by putting more aggressive tires on the Nismo 4x4 (mud terrain vs all-season). The on-road ride of the Nismo 4x4 is perfect in my opinion - what a capable off-road truck should be - firm but not jaw shattering. Bump steer at highway speeds could be improved, and the turn radius is wide and takes some getting used to for parking. I consider these downsides minor vs the many positives the truck has to offer. Overall this is substantial truck for the money. This is my 5th truck and arguably the best. I like the interior room, ride, and power over the Tacoma. The Tacoma was very torquey and had a ride that did not seem to dampen the bumps - it seemed like I felt bumps multiple times on and off road. The V6 of the Frontier seemed smoother and more consistent through the power band. I have pulled 3500 lb. tractors on dual axel car hauler trailers with this truck and can say the power is excellent. Overall I'm pleased with the Frontier. I had originally talked myself into a Tacoma until I did the test drive and priced each truck. Toyota was disappointingly proud of their Tacoma and it resulted in my test drive of the Nismo and eventual purchase. I would tell anyone interested in a mid-size 4x4 truck to seriously consider the Frontier. If you are truly going to use the truck off-road, you can't go wrong with the Nismo package."

Great small truck

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I have owned a few trucks in my time. This is my third Nissan PU. I find that Toyota is over priced for what you get and you can get just as good of truck with the Nissan. I have an 88 Hard body also, and if this one treats me as good as that one I will never be buying another new truck again. The Frontier has great passing power. Pulls my 14' trailer with 3 quads with no problems, handles good and is not bad at all with comfort. I like the looks of it and am very happy with the vehicle itself. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

fun to drive, smooth ride, great amenities

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "styling, sound system, good looks"

Cons: "for lack of any cons- better gas mileage"

"I have had 5 Chevy Silverado's 1500, decided to try a Nissan and scale down. I do not miss the big truck. The frontier is all I need, smooth ride love the 4WD. This truck is dependable! My wife loved mine so much she went and bought a Xterra the next week! You can't go wrong."