• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 526 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Love my Nissan frontier crew cab! Would buy again.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fun to drive, hauls anything"

Cons: "I brag on my truck all the time; a pleasure to own"

"Perfect size; not too small, not too big. Can park easily & the gas mileage is not bad at all. Does just about anything a full sized truck can do. I have been renovating my house, hauling building materials with this truck. Love it!"

Solid Truck

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Sporty ride, more power than the competition"

Cons: "Wish it sat higher, plastic interior"

"I bought this truck new over a year ago. I enjoy offroading and went for the Pro4x package with a 6 speed manual transmission. The combination of the motor and the transmission offers sufficient power. I do wish the 1st gear was a little longer because I feel that shifting is needed earlier than I would like, but it is nice for driving down a sand wash. The truck has a very solid but not stiff ride. After driving other vehicles and returning to this, the ride quality to me seems better. The other vehicles being a Ford Flex, newer Town and Country and a '12 Dodge Ram 4x4. My only complaint would be the interior. The seats are nice and the design is nice but I don't care for the plastics. For a $30,000 truck it would be nice if the dash was softer and the door panels also. I really enjoy this truck and feel it is a better value than the competition. The Toyota Tacoma is a great truck but is priced too high for a similar option package. The Frontier is also a great truck for city driving because of its size. It is easy to park compared to the F-150 I previously had. With the six-speed manual I get a combined average of 17.5 mpg. That is not great but for a 4x4, crew-cab truck it is not bad. It took about 10,000 miles for the clutch to break in completely but after it did the shifting process became very smooth. I love this truck."

Great truck 2005

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Reason: fuel economy

Pros: "Reliable, fun"

Cons: "Bed is inches too small to fit a sheet of drywall"

"Fuel economy is really good, solid driving feel, I had approximately two mechanical issues post-accident. If I had never had an accident, I imagine I would have gone 200,000 before having any mechanical issues. Styling is good, view of surrounding road can't be beat, plenty of pep for acceleration."

I am 64 and this the best vehicle I have ever had

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "great sound, great truck,rides like a big car"

Cons: "no complaints"

"I have had this car from new, and have not been dissatified with it. It has 94,000 on it, and still runs like a champ."

Great Small truck

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "tows like a full size, comfy and tough"

Cons: "gets squirlley when towing uneven loads, sway bar!"

"This is a great weekend warrior pickup. Roof racks and bed extender come in real handy. Very impressed with drivability while towing, and overall handling. Although, if the load is only slightly uneven trailer sway gets pretty bad. A 60gallon cooler hanging on the back of our camper does it every time without sway bars. Interior is nice also, lots of cubbies and handy extras throughout. Nissan also avoided that, "it'll break if I touch it" feeling you get in dodge/chrysler vehicles. Be wary of the 2006 (production date of 5/06 or sooner) V6 models. There is a timing chain issue that wipes out the engine. Make sure the production date is 6/06 or later. You can find the pro date on the VIN sticker in the driver door jam. These will have the redesigned and very dependable v6. Otherwise this is one very dependable truck overall and I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a truck that doesn't want the gas guzzling or extra size of a full size pick up."

Best Truck I've ever own

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Great Truck with alot of extra's"

Cons: "no astray"

"Truck been very reliability and have had no issue's or trouble. 4.0L engine still as powerful as when I test drove it new. The Radio still working great and the Heater defrost the winshild very fast."

great for a work truck!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "great for towing"

Cons: "grown men not comfortable in back seat"

"We purchased this truck used at 36,000 miles from a teenager who probably never towed anything with it. Since then we have enjoyed this trucks towing capabilities for utility trailers packed down with equipment and the cab holding four men with tools in the bed. It has performed very well with great acceleration. Some draw backs include, the back seats are not made for grown men, so long rides are uncomfortable and hard on the back and legs. Also shortly after our purchase, a bolt that rattled loose from the tranismisson case and caused us to replace the bearing, but we were still able to pull the trailer home while this was happening. We have not had any other mechanical problems since this just minor glitches, for example, some of the lights in the dash have come on since driving in the rain and will not turn off, but they have not affected it's perfomance. We have the 4x4 and have used it for this purpose, works great. Normal driving in town is a bit bumpy and sways on turns, but not alarmingly. Road noise could be better filtered out from the cab, but it could be our choice in tires ( heavy duty 10 ply with nitrogen).Favorite options include deep cup holders in the door panels, deep storage arm rest, dash and storage under back seat. Our truck has a six disk cd changer with subwoofer, although there is a draw back with radio when it gets too hot inside the cab, the radio will not work until the ac cools the interior down enough. Options I wish it offered would be ac vents and softer seats for passengers in the back. My husband fits in this truck just fine, but being a small woman, I would like to have the pedals come to me instead of my seat coming to the pedals (It creats a situation where my knees are almost touching the dash)and I have to use a back support to be able to reach the pedals and still be able to lean on the back of the seat at the same time. I'm only 5'1 so it's not comfortable for me to drive long distances in this truck, but if you are taller than me, this truck has good head clearance inside."

nice truck

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"The 2007 nissan frontier won't let you down. It has great get up and go. The only negative thing I have to say is it's not very comfortable for long trips of 2 hours or more. It's a bit of a bumpy ride. Gas mileage is great for a truck at 20mpg."

Better Than Toyota

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"I was trying to deal with a Toyota dealer, and my son gave me a call. I went to the Nissan dealer next door, and drove away with my new Nissan for about $8,000 less than the toyota. This is all of the truck that you would want. Everything works perfect. The dealer was great, and no pressure to buy."

Good Truck

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Only down side, turning radius and back seat comfort."