• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great Price!!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Best price ever."

Cons: "None that I am yet aware of."

"I have not owned my Frontier long enough to give a complete review regarding its performance. However, prior to purchasing I was interested in either the Tacoma or the Frontier and looked at them both on KBB and then went to the dealers and drove each. I found them to be pretty much equal and would have been happier with either one and so, for me, it was going to come down to price. The Nissan dealer gave me a price that was thousand less then the KBB fair price to purchase and that tipped me in favor of the Frontier by a long shot. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and the price was beyond my expectations. If the vehicle satisfies me in other respects as much as its value it will be the best car purchase I have ever made."

Great Truck - Off Road Features are very good

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Styling, off-road features, overall performance"

Cons: "MPG as usual. Auto-windows can freeze up-not good"

"I have owned this PRO 4X for two years - replacing a 2010 LE that replaced a DR that replaced a 14 year old 1987 Hard-body King Cab. When I drove off the lot I thought that the features of this Pro 4X were fancy. I selected Nissan AGAIN after seriously considering a Tacoma but Toyota did not offer any adjustments to the seat. Everyone is not the same size and long trips make low back support and adjustment features a must for me. The Pro-4X "fancy" features got me off the mountain in a sudden snow storm that iced up the mountain. I know nothing drives on ice but the Nissan's low gears, hill decent, and locker got me home. That day I became a huge fan of the Nissan Pro-4X. Mileage is "OK" at 19-21 highway and 16-17 locally. The truck is good for family trips to the beach and vacations. You just can't beat a bed for storing kids stuff that always seems to have sand, dirt, etc attached. We use the truck to tow a small travel trailer and it does so quite well. The MPG does suffer and drops to 8-10 mpg on those trips. Overall, it is a great truck for just about any purpose. The engine is very responsive and the off road features are very useful for those of us in the north east who need to be at work rain or shine. The only negative issue was that the power windows can freeze up and not work. This was the case with the 2010 LE as well. Great Truck. Highly recommended."

love it!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "solid reliable truck"

"this is an awesome truck, and I'm speaking as an owner and Nissan Mechanic. these trucks are very reliable and well built. we havent had any come in for more than routine maintenance. we'll see how she holds up to a MN winter. Note: the 4.0L V-6 in this truck has the same hp as my '01 Mustang GT did."

Hands down Best truck I've owned

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, appearance, great price, visibility"

Cons: "Mileage is average"

"I bought my third truck, a Ford Ranger, in 2010 because I'd always driven Rangers, and I loved their size and convenience. Then I rode in my friend's older Nissan. He was not known for his "care and feeding" of his vehicles, but his ten-year-old Nissan truck was in nice condition. When I asked about reliability he said he'd never had to get it fixed. I decided there and then to check out the local dealer. I never looked back. Since Nissans are not the most popular trucks the dealers are willing to deal. I bought the Frontier Crew Cab SV and immediately added a Bed Rug and Roll-N-Lock bed cover, plus step rails and side body moulding. This truck is sharp looking in Blue, and it's a great drive. The seats are comfortable for cross country travel. We drove from south Texas to Colorado and never felt cramped for space or stressed by the ride. It's quiet, but it's also deep-throated and fast when you hit the gas. It's acceleration really put my old Ranger to shame. We got 22 mpg on the highway, but I only get 18 in town. Overall I am highly impressed by price, appearance, acceleration, drive, comfort, interior features, interior space, exterior paint quality, and fit and finish. This vehicle reminds me of Toyota before they became popular. It's exceptional, and I'll own it for a lot of years."

Great truck!! Does everything that I would expect.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "snappy,torquey,solid,built for the outdoors!"

Cons: "minor issues with the computer but easily resolved"

"I love this truck!! The only issue that I had was with the computer. Nissan figured it out and did not cost too much...$300 compared to the after market that cost $800. The truck has great looks and style. It is not fancy, even with the NISMO pkg, but the performance is there!! It has power. I would like to put a 4" lift on this truck!! I would buy this rig again!"

Have owned 6 Nissans but this ones the best.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, good in the city and highway."

Cons: "NONE"

"Great drive, quiet interior, lots of room inside and out. Overall just the best Nissian I've owned. Great gas milage."

see below

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

"In addition the truck has visors on hood and all 4 windows and railings on each side, truck is in excellent condition."

excellent truck, looks good, big and comfortable

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"has rain guards on windows (front and back), and bug reflector on hood, bed liner, and extension to 6 feet"

great truck

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"truck is reliable and dependable. tows my 20 ft boat with ease and hauls it out of water on trailer easily. handles and rides well on highway. only gripe, poor gas mileage 22 on highway, would like 26-28. come on sonja, you can do it!"

Don't buy this Truck Please!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"I have had this truck for approx. 2 years and I must say the overall driving experience has not been bad but...., there is a design flaw dealing with where the rear cab portion and the front of the truck bed meet. The paint is coming off at an alarming rate starting from the bottom and now working its was up the fender. It took it to the dealer and they said they could do nothing, "paint chipping from rocks". after of 15,000 miles this is crazy and I have never see this in any car before. Total waste of money. If your looking at a midsize truck go with a Honda Ridgeline. Drive's and handles like an SUV, and the paint doesn't come off in the first 15,000 miles. Simply said this is not a inexpensive vehicle and you should get more quality that this. Poor design, poor product. Never buy Nissan again."

reduce burdden

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

"Great truck must sell. have been unemployed for 8 months must cut costs"

fun to drive, smooth ride, great amenities

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "styling, sound system, good looks"

Cons: "for lack of any cons- better gas mileage"

"I have had 5 Chevy Silverado's 1500, decided to try a Nissan and scale down. I do not miss the big truck. The frontier is all I need, smooth ride love the 4WD. This truck is dependable! My wife loved mine so much she went and bought a Xterra the next week! You can't go wrong."

My NISSAN FRONTIER has been solid and dependable.

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Purchased new in 2007. Change the oil every 3K miles and other minor maintenance as required. Two batteries. Third set of tires. It just does everything I want or need it to do without worry. 4x4 works well - I dont get too crazy, but its never been stuck itself! The only thing I would like to see improved is the turning radius. The longer bed (& wheelbase) makes tight u-turns difficult. Otherwise, LUV my NISSAN."

Great mid size truck. Crew cab with 6 foot bed

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Still holding it's value. Powerful engine. Towing."

Cons: "Exterior paint and turning radius."

"Had this truck for seven years. 57,000 miles. Had the white roof repainted due to rust in the gutters after 2 years. Exterior paint has flaws on hood and window edges, chipping and peeling paint. Battery terminals (bad design) had to be replaced. The turning radius on this truck sucks, U-turns can be dramatic. Other than that, this truck runs great, has style, power, and has good towing capacity."

Love my Frontier

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage is a respectable 18 mpg"

Cons: "See fabric wears quickly on the edges"

"Added an external transmission oil cooler so that the engine coolant and transmission oil could never mix. That is the only design flaw in this truck. Cheap fix. Uni rack system and the bed extender are essential for this truck."

"lots of power and very good truck."

Utilitarian and tough. Great in snow.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good tow capacity. Rugged and reliable."

Cons: "Not exactly roomy."

"I have no complaints at all. Good solid body on frame truck with a reliable proven engine. Gas mileage was dead on with EPA estimate. Really good value. Dealer is trying to trade me up to the Titan. Trade value is so good, I might just go for the big truck. V8 is only one MPG worse."

Not as large as it looks.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "heavy duty, easy to drive and park"

Cons: "limited comfort for long trips and small bed."

"This is a very reliable and hard working vehicle, but it is not the most comfortable or economical truck to use. While use around town and for short trips is the usual venue for our truck we have had the need to use it for longer hauls. It was during these trips that the lack of leg room and seat adjustment became a critical issue. At 6 feet tall the driver must use the maximum rear travel for the best leg comfort this results in two problems. First the steering wheel does not telescope so the driver is stretched out like a diver in the pike position. Secondly the rear seat area has lost all leg room and can be very tight for all but a smaller sized person (children in boosters or child seat are not impacted). Additionally the drivers seat lacks thigh support. An 8-way power seat may eliminate this problem. The V-6 4.0 liter engine is very powerful and pulls well, but uses fuel faster than we like and can be a bit loud. Some of that may just be our driving type and style, but more fuel economy and sound absorbing materials would be nice. The bed tie-down system is great and the standard spray-on liner is handy, but the short bed limits the ability to haul some things. Overall, it is a very nicely equipped, safe, and utilitarian truck.."

Love my Nissan frontier crew cab! Would buy again.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fun to drive, hauls anything"

Cons: "I brag on my truck all the time; a pleasure to own"

"Perfect size; not too small, not too big. Can park easily & the gas mileage is not bad at all. Does just about anything a full sized truck can do. I have been renovating my house, hauling building materials with this truck. Love it!"

solid feel ,powerful drive train

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "nice design, comfortable int.,powerful sm. truck"

Cons: "dents easily, poor fuel economy"

"good truck ,very capable for a small truck .great in snow ,but set up an oil well in your yard. tough on fuel."

Cheapest truck I ever would buy again

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, towing, value"

Cons: "tailgate flips down cheap"

"My Frontier was just purchased a month ago after Nissan President sale my experience was got the best deal ever and save plenty of bucks. I bought my small pickup has PRO-4X includes great gas mileage available navigation, Bluetooth, heated front seats, Nissan connect system, heated outside mirrors, rearview camera, Keyless. Bilstein shocks are great on helping Frontier 4WD best as going on rocky roads and passing through mud is the best on making me have a really enjoyment ride on the highways too. Love Frontier the seats are neat I have nice controls which are fantastic I am a taller person so at the height 6'5'' fit so comfortable in my Crew Cab love everything on my Frontier its was the best purchased ever made. I think the Frontier is probably cheaper than an Tacoma or F150 in a better value and seems to be much better than averaged in reliability along with other trucks as Toyota, GMC, Ford and Chevy but being a Nissan was very cheap to buy while needed something hauling my Bass Pro Boat that is most excellent thing what love on this truck doesn't reduces bad gas mileage or gives me lower performance as hauling a real large boat on a small crew cab truck it drives like a dream. I drove from North Carolina to Georgia on a small fishing trip the Frontier got best gas mileage and hauled a large boat so well on a 375 mile trip ever I wasn't tired either in enough firmed seat support gave me on a great smooth ride."

Avoid in cold climates

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy backseat, good mileage."

Cons: "NO heater of value."

"This is a great truck and as reviewed elsewhere, but avoid if you are in a cold climate. I'm in Canada and for 7 months of the year the truck is virtually undriveable. The heater is absolutely terrible and the dealer says it is unfixable, that's how they are built. If you wear warm boots and don't need heat on your feet it is a good truck, otherwise look elsewhere. I'm trading mine in this weekend."

Great truck that gets us anywhere and hi towing

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Great combo of low owner cost, attractiveness, tow"

Cons: "We all would like higher gas mileage."

"Tows about anything and this is great in a mid size truck. Strong engine 4L. Smooth ride. Will probably just keep if can only get $16k."

See if you qualify for