• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 504 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Full Size Capability & 100% Problem Free

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Roomy, 3/4 ton payload, Big Boat Hauler"

Cons: "No Refrigerator"

"This has got to be the perfect truck, and although all us truck owners can gripe about fuel economy, it comes with the territory and you do not buy a truck for fuel efficiency, so that subject is irrelevant to truck buyers, yeah, really. My Frontier Crew Cab SV is mostly driven by my wife, and this is her dream car! We pull a 4,500lb boat like nothing (and could tow 2,000lbs more), and the rear seats keep the kid from complaining on many of our 1/2 day rides to camping and fishing spots. It hauls almost TON of payload in the bed, and is a very sure footed traveller on our very snowy roads. Only complaint is Nissan does not include a 3.5mm jack in this specific model, but we forgive them, because this truck is so well made. We know plenty of Frontier owners, and nobody has ever had a problem. With regular oil changes at 4,000 miles and tire rotations, we plan on owning this truck another 25 years. Our truck is Black, and looks great when it's dirty or clean. We feel very confidant driving it. Even of we found a better deal on a 1/2 ton regular pickup, we'd pass because this is the perfect sized truck, and a Nissan, built to last a lifetime."

Solid value for the price

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Strong torque, hauls weight easily, smooth riding"

Cons: "A bit dated, no backup camera or sensors"

"Bought my Frontier SL crew cab 4WD long bed in May 2011 (model year closeout). I paid 80% of factory window sticker. Truck has never needed a warranty repair or visit back to the dealer. Gas mileage is 16/20, pretty close to estimate. I have a few gripes about truck but absolutely no problems. I previously owned Chevy S-10s and a Toyota Tacoma. This truck is superior in power, ride and handling, and reliability."

Very happy with the Frontier

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality, mpg and engine performance"

Cons: "VERY thin paint!!!!!!!!!!"

"Good mpg, good room inside, great looks. Absolutely no issues in 1.2 years of ownership. Only complaint is very thin paint. Very easy to scratch. Maybe all new cars are the same but traded in a 2004 Chevy p/u that had much better paint quality. When we need a family vehicle in the next 2 years would seriously consider a Nissan SUV."

Great to drive-just right size

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Love driving/handling perfect size for what i nee"

Cons: "small back seat space/u-turns"

"Love the power and handling of the Frontier. It's the perfect size for what I need. Never have had a problem with the operation of this vehicle. However, the truck cannot make u turns very well and doesn't have much room in the back. When a tall person(say 6'2") sits in the passenger side, the person in the back cannot be over 5'6" for both of them to sit comfortably (just estimating heights). Do not really need a truck most of the time and will be looking for an suv with better gas mileage than a truck. ALL trucks use more gas than cars/suvs."

EXCELLENT P/U no longer able to use it , retired d

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

"Disabled , live in senior living home now"