• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great Price!!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Best price ever."

Cons: "None that I am yet aware of."

"I have not owned my Frontier long enough to give a complete review regarding its performance. However, prior to purchasing I was interested in either the Tacoma or the Frontier and looked at them both on KBB and then went to the dealers and drove each. I found them to be pretty much equal and would have been happier with either one and so, for me, it was going to come down to price. The Nissan dealer gave me a price that was thousand less then the KBB fair price to purchase and that tipped me in favor of the Frontier by a long shot. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and the price was beyond my expectations. If the vehicle satisfies me in other respects as much as its value it will be the best car purchase I have ever made."

Great Truck - Off Road Features are very good

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Styling, off-road features, overall performance"

Cons: "MPG as usual. Auto-windows can freeze up-not good"

"I have owned this PRO 4X for two years - replacing a 2010 LE that replaced a DR that replaced a 14 year old 1987 Hard-body King Cab. When I drove off the lot I thought that the features of this Pro 4X were fancy. I selected Nissan AGAIN after seriously considering a Tacoma but Toyota did not offer any adjustments to the seat. Everyone is not the same size and long trips make low back support and adjustment features a must for me. The Pro-4X "fancy" features got me off the mountain in a sudden snow storm that iced up the mountain. I know nothing drives on ice but the Nissan's low gears, hill decent, and locker got me home. That day I became a huge fan of the Nissan Pro-4X. Mileage is "OK" at 19-21 highway and 16-17 locally. The truck is good for family trips to the beach and vacations. You just can't beat a bed for storing kids stuff that always seems to have sand, dirt, etc attached. We use the truck to tow a small travel trailer and it does so quite well. The MPG does suffer and drops to 8-10 mpg on those trips. Overall, it is a great truck for just about any purpose. The engine is very responsive and the off road features are very useful for those of us in the north east who need to be at work rain or shine. The only negative issue was that the power windows can freeze up and not work. This was the case with the 2010 LE as well. Great Truck. Highly recommended."

love it!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "solid reliable truck"

"this is an awesome truck, and I'm speaking as an owner and Nissan Mechanic. these trucks are very reliable and well built. we havent had any come in for more than routine maintenance. we'll see how she holds up to a MN winter. Note: the 4.0L V-6 in this truck has the same hp as my '01 Mustang GT did."

Hands down Best truck I've owned

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, appearance, great price, visibility"

Cons: "Mileage is average"

"I bought my third truck, a Ford Ranger, in 2010 because I'd always driven Rangers, and I loved their size and convenience. Then I rode in my friend's older Nissan. He was not known for his "care and feeding" of his vehicles, but his ten-year-old Nissan truck was in nice condition. When I asked about reliability he said he'd never had to get it fixed. I decided there and then to check out the local dealer. I never looked back. Since Nissans are not the most popular trucks the dealers are willing to deal. I bought the Frontier Crew Cab SV and immediately added a Bed Rug and Roll-N-Lock bed cover, plus step rails and side body moulding. This truck is sharp looking in Blue, and it's a great drive. The seats are comfortable for cross country travel. We drove from south Texas to Colorado and never felt cramped for space or stressed by the ride. It's quiet, but it's also deep-throated and fast when you hit the gas. It's acceleration really put my old Ranger to shame. We got 22 mpg on the highway, but I only get 18 in town. Overall I am highly impressed by price, appearance, acceleration, drive, comfort, interior features, interior space, exterior paint quality, and fit and finish. This vehicle reminds me of Toyota before they became popular. It's exceptional, and I'll own it for a lot of years."

Great truck!! Does everything that I would expect.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "snappy,torquey,solid,built for the outdoors!"

Cons: "minor issues with the computer but easily resolved"

"I love this truck!! The only issue that I had was with the computer. Nissan figured it out and did not cost too much...$300 compared to the after market that cost $800. The truck has great looks and style. It is not fancy, even with the NISMO pkg, but the performance is there!! It has power. I would like to put a 4" lift on this truck!! I would buy this rig again!"

See if you qualify for