• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 524 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

A Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, nice to look upon, sturdy"

Cons: "no ash tray"

"Hi I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. As a lady truck driver, I've found it to be just the right size, good on gas and fancy to look upon! It comfortably seats 5 people and has a nice sound system. I only wish I had purchased the one with ALL the options! The Frontier is a wonderful truck!"

Very happy with this truck.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, cost, smooth and quite ride."

Cons: "Arm rest is all I can think of that's a con."

"I am very happy with this truck. I haven't owned enough vehicles to know what I'm missing really so I can only offer things that I dislike. Fuel could be better considering full size trucks get basically the same now. But the 17-18 is accurate. My biggest gripe, which is not bad, is the comfort of the driver seat. The arm rest is to far to the rear of the vehicle. The same goes for the driver door arm rest. The seat could probably have a little better quality. This is really only an issue with a longer trip. Ultimately, my next Frontier will not be a base model. I will get 4x4, sun roof, leather and all the bells and whistles I had with my previous vehicle. But I'm almost positive it will be another frontier. The only other option would be a Titan, depending on difference in cost and fuel. I think the additional cab room would be nice. So far, (knock on wood) no mechanical issues whatsoever."

Great,dependable truck 100000 miles

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Reliability,power,agility for truck,roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage,long turning radius,cloth interior"

"This is the only vehicle I've kept for 100000 miles and I am still keeping for my teenager to drive next. Pros:reliability,power,agile for a truck-drove well on snow for 2-wheel drive,roomy,no stooping or straightening to get in and out.Cons:19 mpg avg.,long turning radius,cloth interior retains spills.Overall a great truck/vehicle and,yes,I would buy it all over again."

Good truck bad gas mileage

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Good little truck looks good in and out fair price"

Cons: "If it had good gas mileage this would be a 10"

"I just bought a new Frontier SV crew cab so far so good I am impressed with the interior and exterior of the vehicle I was never a Nissan person I had 1988 300ZX which I won under the lemon law my money back now I am impressed. I only wish this Frontier was electric I am getting about 230 mi. on a tank (10-12MPG surprising) it defeated the reason for buying it. I wanted to drive around to visit my customers to get more business in this crappie economy I get better gas mileage with my old Chevy van 3500."

Decient truck

By on Friday, November 05, 2010

"I have this vechicle and my best friend owns a TRD 05 Tacoma. After 5 years of ownership I wish I would have spent the extra money on a tacoma, this frontier has had multiple problems. The Catalytic converters failed at 82,000 mi (2000 after warranty) nobody at nissan had any empathy, now the fuel sending unit has died and there's another recall I'm not applicable for because of mileage... make a better truck nissan. IMO buy the tacoma Repaired or replaced Driveline U joints ECM Chip Fuel Sending unit Rear wheel bearing Engine Belt won't stop squeeling, Replaced tensioner and belt multiple times to no avail. After belt it replaced squeeling stops for a week or so. master Window control stopped controlling other windows."

Wonderful truck

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"I love the Frontier. Did tons of research, tested a Tacoma, not even close in comfort and fun factor. The size is perfect for our family. Love the sound system. Feel very safe and in control, would never buy a different truck. We have a Maxima that we just love, and wanted the same engine and build in our truck. Tacomas are more expensive, noiser, choppier, and rough. Don't do it. The Frontier is the best in it's class and the incentives for June were fabulous"

After 4yrs of ownership

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I've had my Frontier since Oct 2005, and overall I would say I've been quite pleased with this small truck. There are a few aesthetic changes I might suggest, but if you're looking for reliability, value, and a great driving vehicle - this is definately one I'd recommend. I researched small trucks for over a year before deciding that the Frontier XE (manual transmission and no autolocks or autowindows - call me old school) was the one I wanted. Two test drives later, I was sold. Sticker price was $24K, we paid less than $15K with a free hardtop for the bed (in addition to all the "standards") after some "negotiations" with sales staff. Would suggest upgrading the stereo system after purchase (the factory speakers have survived 4 years of blaring rock and roll though - impressive!) 4 star review. 4 years later, I still love this truck! One more minor thing worth mentioning, at 5'1" I have plenty of room - my husband at 6'4" disagrees, though he does physically fit it's not as comfy for him - taller buyers might try the Titan."

2008 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I bought this truck after careful comparison with the Toyota Tacoma TRD. I wanted a mid-size truck that would get decent gas mileage, be capable off-road and towing heavy loads for work around the house, and room to haul the family to the mountains for ski/camping trips. Lots of test drives, value for the dollar, and room for 3 kids in the back seat led me to buy the Nissan Frontier. After 7 months owning the truck and driving in many different environments, I definitely made the right decision. Thoughts are as follows: Power: Very smooth and powerful V6. I have had the truck over numerous Colorado mountain passes fully loaded with kids/hunting gear and it climbs efforlessly. Gas mileage better than expected - 22+ MPG from Gunnison to Denver over and down multiple mountain passes with gear. Off-road Capability: Very capable in both snow and mud. Did not use chains on a recent hunting trip - the rear locker makes all the difference. Off road ride is better than my old Jeep Wrangler and many friends' Range Rovers. Received numerous compliments from friends on rocky terrain ride quality. This is a heavy truck and it pays dividends off-road. Climbs like a mountain goat. Nissan could have improved by putting more aggressive tires on the Nismo 4x4 (mud terrain vs all-season). The on-road ride of the Nismo 4x4 is perfect in my opinion - what a capable off-road truck should be - firm but not jaw shattering. Bump steer at highway speeds could be improved, and the turn radius is wide and takes some getting used to for parking. I consider these downsides minor vs the many positives the truck has to offer. Overall this is substantial truck for the money. This is my 5th truck and arguably the best. I like the interior room, ride, and power over the Tacoma. The Tacoma was very torquey and had a ride that did not seem to dampen the bumps - it seemed like I felt bumps multiple times on and off road. The V6 of the Frontier seemed smoother and more consistent through the power band. I have pulled 3500 lb. tractors on dual axel car hauler trailers with this truck and can say the power is excellent. Overall I'm pleased with the Frontier. I had originally talked myself into a Tacoma until I did the test drive and priced each truck. Toyota was disappointingly proud of their Tacoma and it resulted in my test drive of the Nismo and eventual purchase. I would tell anyone interested in a mid-size 4x4 truck to seriously consider the Frontier. If you are truly going to use the truck off-road, you can't go wrong with the Nismo package."

Great small truck

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I have owned a few trucks in my time. This is my third Nissan PU. I find that Toyota is over priced for what you get and you can get just as good of truck with the Nissan. I have an 88 Hard body also, and if this one treats me as good as that one I will never be buying another new truck again. The Frontier has great passing power. Pulls my 14' trailer with 3 quads with no problems, handles good and is not bad at all with comfort. I like the looks of it and am very happy with the vehicle itself. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

fun to drive, smooth ride, great amenities

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "styling, sound system, good looks"

Cons: "for lack of any cons- better gas mileage"

"I have had 5 Chevy Silverado's 1500, decided to try a Nissan and scale down. I do not miss the big truck. The frontier is all I need, smooth ride love the 4WD. This truck is dependable! My wife loved mine so much she went and bought a Xterra the next week! You can't go wrong."