2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 556 Ratings for the 2005 - 2016 models.

First truck, excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"50k miles, still rides like a dream! We changed over to AS tires when AT finally wore out, very quiet on highway now. Great for pulling my boat trailer. Bought bed extender and liner for bed. Very powerful engine, switches from 2 WD to 4 WD w/o a hitch. Only item needing replacement was CD player (go on-line to buy one, Nissan wants $500 for the part alone)."

great truck

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"people make fun of me all the time because it isnt a "full size" truck. but if you dont do any real heavy duty work.. there is absolutly no reason to get something that big. i just like to go off road and have some fun in the mud and exploring with this truck is great. if you are more of an extremist, you might want to look into a life and tires. and that is all you will need. the back seats are pretty small so dont plan on taking any long road trips with 4 guys. back seats are very tight."

Best Truck I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pros: "Great Price, fun to drive, wife loves it too"

Cons: "Turing radius, poor glove box latch"

"This is my 4th truck. I had my eye on the second generation Frontiers for years. I own a 2011 SL with pretty much everything except 4 wheel drive. I've owned it for the past 4 years. I love this truck. Most comfortable ride in a truck I have ever had. I have had multiple back surgeries and my wife has had hip surgery. The truck is just the right height to slide in and out of for both of us. The heated seats feel great, even during summer. The truck is wider then the older Nissan Hard-body. I usually have a firearm strapped on due to my job occupation and the seats offer more then enough room for me to comfortably be bucked in with a holster. The truck is great for every thing. Wife and I took it cross country two years ago, Florida to South Dakota and back, and it was a great ride. Handled the hills of SD just fine. I get between 16-19 mph in the city and get about 23-24 mph hwy. I have the V6 and run 87 Shell gas. The engine is very quiet and smooth. The turning radius could be better but its a minor complaint. My wife loves it too. She has a Honda SUV and drives my truck more then her vehicle. The interior is nice and functional. The Rockford Fosgate factory speakers are awesome. The only complaint about the interior is the glove box latch is poorly made. Overall, this is a great truck and priced right. I will literally drive it until the wheels fall off and then I will buy another Nissan."

have owned seven pickups,this is the best ever

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "rides like a sedan handles like a sports car."

"Value wise, can't be beat.After two and a half years is still vaued at what I paid for it. I could sell it easily in one day, if I wished."

Great overall truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Good utility vehicle that is very reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage is a little low"

"The frontier crew cab has room for all and can still fit a car seat in the back! I have put this truck through many obstacles from towing to hauling to massive snow and long distance drives. It has never let me down and is comfortable to drive. The only negative is the gas mileage. generally with my style of driving in the city it get 15 to 16 MPG, and less in the winter when ethanol is added to the fuel."