2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 535 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

nice truck

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"The 2007 nissan frontier won't let you down. It has great get up and go. The only negative thing I have to say is it's not very comfortable for long trips of 2 hours or more. It's a bit of a bumpy ride. Gas mileage is great for a truck at 20mpg."

Better Than Toyota

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"I was trying to deal with a Toyota dealer, and my son gave me a call. I went to the Nissan dealer next door, and drove away with my new Nissan for about $8,000 less than the toyota. This is all of the truck that you would want. Everything works perfect. The dealer was great, and no pressure to buy."

Good Truck

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Only down side, turning radius and back seat comfort."

By on Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Well i bought this truck brand spankin new little over a year ago. I went with the Nismo 2wd edition....wish i had gone with the 4wd but kinda got caught up in the moment at the dealer. I also got the Rockford Fosgate system and sunroof/roofrack. I peronally think its a great looking truck...maybe just a little narrow, but this helps on the trails. Ive taken it on some really brutal trails and it performed superbly for a 2wd...rear locker does wonders. Only been stuck once, in really loose gravel on steep sidways angled trail. If i had 4wd would have no problem. Ride height is a little bigger than the Tacoma. Skid plates have come in handy numerous times...and seem to of ample thickness. Going up some of the steep, rockier trails makes me wish i had a manual...or low 4wd...the power just kicks in alittle too much with the automatic and the tires spin alot, even when in first gear. But overall i been VERY pleased with offroad performance. Interior is setup very nicely. The RF system really bumps. I like the ipod connect that i have with mine too. Im 6'4" and still fit pretty comfortably...my hair just barely rubs the headboard and my knees clear the dash barely. The driver seat adjusts in all kinds of ways! I like the rear cargo lamp. Its come in handy when lookin thru the back at night. I have the crew cab, and it seems to fit my average sized friends ok...sure they wouldnt be very comfortable on long trips though. Plenty of space to put things inside...lots of cubholes. Dual glovebox is pretty cool too. Engine has run superbly thus far...plenty of power for my liking. Ride is very comfortable...bumps are little stiff but for a truck with offroad shocks its does nicely on the city. Turning radius is pretty big, but you get use to it. Ive only had it in the shop for one thing other than oil, and that was entirely my fault. I rammed the fan shroud up on one of my trail endeavors and it was nickin the fan. The dealer actually covered under warranty evern though i was offroading it! I should have had to pay for it, but the dealer was very cooperative and understanding. Props to them on that. Gas mileage is about 17.5 in the city...round 20 highway. I expected this coming in with a truck. Overall i love the truck...i would keep it forever except i want a 4wd....which will be a nissan frontier of course. Great Truck."

Great Truck but has a couple of areas to improve

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I bought this truck about a year ago and have really enjoyed it. The in bed rails from the factory are great for tying down cargo and work extremely well. four wheel drive and traction control are nice on this truck. There are a couple of things that could be improved. Driver legroom is a little tight and I am not an overly tall guy... 6'2". The truck is a little sluggish pulling a trailer and definitely does not like pulling up 4% and greater mountain grades. Also the factory tires are passenger 4-ply BFG's instead of the light truck 6-ply. Most people will probably not notice this but it is a truck and should have the better tires. just an area where Nissan tried to cut some cost. The final thing is probably the most annoying and that is the rock chips on the front side of the rear fender. Nissan applied a protector to this area but it is not sufficient and you will find identical rock chips on 99% of all used frontiers with this body style. Overall it is a good truck and maintains its value well. I expect to have this truck for many years with very few problems."