• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 499 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Cheapest truck I ever would buy again

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, towing, value"

Cons: "tailgate flips down cheap"

"My Frontier was just purchased a month ago after Nissan President sale my experience was got the best deal ever and save plenty of bucks. I bought my small pickup has PRO-4X includes great gas mileage available navigation, Bluetooth, heated front seats, Nissan connect system, heated outside mirrors, rearview camera, Keyless. Bilstein shocks are great on helping Frontier 4WD best as going on rocky roads and passing through mud is the best on making me have a really enjoyment ride on the highways too. Love Frontier the seats are neat I have nice controls which are fantastic I am a taller person so at the height 6'5'' fit so comfortable in my Crew Cab love everything on my Frontier its was the best purchased ever made. I think the Frontier is probably cheaper than an Tacoma or F150 in a better value and seems to be much better than averaged in reliability along with other trucks as Toyota, GMC, Ford and Chevy but being a Nissan was very cheap to buy while needed something hauling my Bass Pro Boat that is most excellent thing what love on this truck doesn't reduces bad gas mileage or gives me lower performance as hauling a real large boat on a small crew cab truck it drives like a dream. I drove from North Carolina to Georgia on a small fishing trip the Frontier got best gas mileage and hauled a large boat so well on a 375 mile trip ever I wasn't tired either in enough firmed seat support gave me on a great smooth ride."

Avoid in cold climates

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy backseat, good mileage."

Cons: "NO heater of value."

"This is a great truck and as reviewed elsewhere, but avoid if you are in a cold climate. I'm in Canada and for 7 months of the year the truck is virtually undriveable. The heater is absolutely terrible and the dealer says it is unfixable, that's how they are built. If you wear warm boots and don't need heat on your feet it is a good truck, otherwise look elsewhere. I'm trading mine in this weekend."

Great truck that gets us anywhere and hi towing

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Great combo of low owner cost, attractiveness, tow"

Cons: "We all would like higher gas mileage."

"Tows about anything and this is great in a mid size truck. Strong engine 4L. Smooth ride. Will probably just keep if can only get $16k."

great truck, best that i have owned

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "great truck"

"Solid ride,dependable and comfortable. This is my second Nissan Frontier,"

My dream truck come true for a growing family.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price and reliability. Very fun to drive"

Cons: "Long wheel base a lot to handle on the trails"

"This truck replaced my 2006 Frontier Nismo King Cab, so that I could hall the family around more comfortably. It performs amazingly on and off the road. I love this truck. The biggest gripe that I have is that it's a boat off road with the 6' bed. The benefits of the larger bed for household use outweigh the inconvenience of maneuverability on the trails."

excellant vehicle

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Two owners & I am maticulous"

"Front bumper has a ding, rear bumper twisted slighted, 2 dings on the roof, set under pine trees for 2+ yrs. not driven. Immaculate interior. Bought from a widow. New Michelin tires, all fluids changed, new battery, new belts, detailed, chrome added to door handles, side moulding, rear tailgate hard plastic and handle, door mirrors. All maintenance done per recommendations."

I've had nothing but trouble with this truck

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Nismo- Pretty quick and fun to drive"

Cons: "Reliability, quality of materials, value"

"Granted, I bought this car used with 100K miles on it; however, it has had so many little things go wrong on it that just shouldn't. This truck was ~30K new, and its got a single disc cd player (that doesnt work anymore), cloth seats, no convenience options other than pl, pw. I know its a truck, but still, I think it could have been a little nicer considering. But, I've had problems with the fuel level sensor, charcoal canistor, shocks, air keeps getting into the braking system, rear axel seals bad, leaf springs snapped, transmission shifts really hard, tire pressure sensors going bad, blower motor fan died, ac system leaks, etc... Just don't think cars should have this many problems."

Good crew truck

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive,"

Cons: "Not 4 wheel drive"

"Took over this from my brother.. Since day one it has been good to me! I've done a lot as far as upgrades (remote start/alarm, aftermarket radio w/ built in navigation, tint, premium all terrain tires, step rail). Love this truck, although at times you would feel small next to a bigger trucks like tundras or sierras. Over all thus truck is a beast! Highly recommended truck."

excellent

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"dependable,reliable"

Good but drives bumpy

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good for hauling things out"

Cons: "Bumpy and hard to remove top."

"I have ridden in this truck with my father and grandparents to carry major things such as tools tree limbs mulch and soil. It feels very high off the ground when you sit in the front seats but it is still good. There is more room in the bed for carrying things especially if you bring the tailgate down and use the cage at the end. The only downsides are that the ride can get rough and bumpy at times and taking the top off the bed is a hassle. However the tires on pickups are supposed to be strong but during my experience with this vehicle one tire got a screw puncture more easily than expected."

Reliable transportation with a classy look

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks and dependability"

Cons: "Rides like a truck"

It's kayak time!

"I saw this truck in the showroom and had to have it. It comes with the luggage rack (that we use to carry our kayak) and running boards. Real classy style. We have driven to both coasts and Canada averaging 20 - 23 MPG on the highway with speed limits of 55 to 85. Seats are comfortable but we have to remember it is a truck so it does not ride like a nice sedan. Best thing about my Frontier is its looks and dependability. Original tires lasted 82,000 miles and I have just changed the oil and done routine maintenance"

It's kayak time!

Great truck, very reliable. Changed spark plugs an

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Reliability. Good engine."

Cons: "None."

"No problems at all with this truck."

I Love this truck!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with lots of neat features."

Cons: "No GPS available."

"I have owned or leased more than 25 vehicles in my life, including 5 trucks and autos from Mercedes to basic company car sedans. This is a great truck, with lots of convenient features and comfort. Almost 40,000 miles without any problems."

A Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, nice to look upon, sturdy"

Cons: "no ash tray"

"Hi I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. As a lady truck driver, I've found it to be just the right size, good on gas and fancy to look upon! It comfortably seats 5 people and has a nice sound system. I only wish I had purchased the one with ALL the options! The Frontier is a wonderful truck!"

This truck is awesome. I feel like a million bucks

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"NIce truck overall."

BEST TRUCK MADE

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

"BEST TRUCK I EVER HAD I AM 83 YRS OLD HAD MANY VEHICLES THIS IS THE GREATEST"

do not like transmission

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Cons: "only 13 miles per gal."

"transmission down shifts even when going down hill 60 miles per when you have foot off gas peddle"

Sleek and easy to drive

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks great, drives well, gets the job done!"

Cons: "Back seat is cramped."

"I really love this truck. It drives smooth and it's very dependable. It looks really good, especially the interior. It looks even better lifted. It tows well and has a great bed. The only thing I don't like is the back seat. It's very cramped, so avoid it if you have a family. Otherwise, it's a great truck that came with a great warranty!"

Greatest disappointment purchase of my life.

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "looks, convience"

Cons: "quality... and company standing behind product"

"I had hoped to retire with this truck.... I've had to install two transmissions (auto) Tailgate brackets broke dropped tailgate... CD broke..auto window broke..air bags went out.. fuel sensor went out... spent thousands on emissions repair. This is "the" truck I wanted at a great disappointment. I've told everyone I know or asked what a disappointment it has been..... the Nissan dealership who wouldn't stand behind the faults.... told me I needed a timing belt..that was 40,000 miles ago and timing belt is just fine."

Very happy with this truck.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, cost, smooth and quite ride."

Cons: "Arm rest is all I can think of that's a con."

"I am very happy with this truck. I haven't owned enough vehicles to know what I'm missing really so I can only offer things that I dislike. Fuel could be better considering full size trucks get basically the same now. But the 17-18 is accurate. My biggest gripe, which is not bad, is the comfort of the driver seat. The arm rest is to far to the rear of the vehicle. The same goes for the driver door arm rest. The seat could probably have a little better quality. This is really only an issue with a longer trip. Ultimately, my next Frontier will not be a base model. I will get 4x4, sun roof, leather and all the bells and whistles I had with my previous vehicle. But I'm almost positive it will be another frontier. The only other option would be a Titan, depending on difference in cost and fuel. I think the additional cab room would be nice. So far, (knock on wood) no mechanical issues whatsoever."

great fun and good looking too.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great to drive"

"i love this truck got great valve out of my 2007 frontier and they ROSS nisson did a great job in forfilling my dream truck"

Best Pickup yet

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, smooth, comfortable, good-looking"

Cons: "mileage"

2012 Nissan Frontier SL CC LB lava-red

"My previous pickup was a '92 Nissan SEV6 King cab 4x4 - which up to 2012, was the best vehicle I ever owned. So I had high expectations for the 2012 model. I wasn't disappointed. I bought this SL CC lava-red model brand new, and it has everything I want in a truck, including bling. In fact it is the coolest-looking pick up going when loaded with roof rack, chrome grill guard, chrome tailgate applique, etc. It has a powerful engine coupled to a smooth transmission for hauling and moving out fast when you need it. Very comfortable and quiet ride. The interior has all the luxuries, while appearing utilitarian (it is a truck, after all). The back seat may be a little cramped for adults,, but my kids report they comfortable and roomy for them. The only feature I dislike is the gas mileage. Use all that power often, and you will get pretty bad mileage. I started off with first tank at 12 mpg mainly city driving, improved to 16/17 mpg at 50/50 city/hwy, and 19/20 mpg at mostly highway. That's not really too bad for a pickup designed to carry loads and hauling, especially considering my '92 SEV6 got 19 mpg and was smaller, lighter, had a smaller engine. To get better mileage, I changed my driving habits to avoid city stop-&-go traffic, and take to the freeway whenever the option presents itself. Mileage improved markedly after reaching 5,500 miles on odometer. Also accelerator is electrical wire, and takes getting used to - best to accelerate briskly to get to cruising speed, and keep the gas in the same position thereafter. I have to also say that I like my dealer very much (gasp). He has been very responsive to my every concern, including swapping-out parts at no charge (a spare-tire lock for a missing tow hook), and giving me the first 3,750 mile maintenance free."

2012 Nissan Frontier SL CC LB lava-red

Nissan does not stand behind their products!!!!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Great design"

Cons: "Nissan will not take responsibility for problems."

"Absolutely loved this truck and fit and design is great but the reliability is horrid. As soon as my warranty was up the problems hit the fan. I used my truck for work with lots of highway miles. I average about 25k a year. Here are a list of problems and prices that happened once the warranty ran out: Gas tank sensor causing the gas gauge to not work. Nissan does not feel that this is an issue running out of gas in the middle of nowhere. P&L=$350.00 Rear end vent not working causing the seals to leak become bad causing gear oil to leak into the brakes ruining pads and running rear dry destroys gears and bearings. Look online as this is a common problem also but not covered as I had too many miles. P&L=$1700.00 Vacuum sensor for gas tank causing check engine light. And yes another common problem. $275.00 Tire sensors stopped working causing tire light to stay on. Nissan wanted $500 just for parts not including resetting the computer. Here is the biggie! There is an admitted engineering defect in the trucks radiator where it splits open inside mixing the engine coolant and the trans fluid causing the transmission to self destruct. Nissan said that they will extend the warranty but each time they did I was over. If you get this repair done at the dealer you are looking at least $6500.00 repair. Loved the truck and design but with what I have experienced I will never ever purchase another Nissan again and do not have the heart to sell or trade in this truck as that is not the right thing to do. I may part it out and cut my losses."

I love my truck.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "change nothing"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"I have loved my Nissan since I bought it. Its my daily driver. With the stock engine, it will fly. comfortable, premium sound system lives up to being called premium"

Nissan reduces quality, won't honor warranty

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive, holds large payload"

Cons: "Cheaply built engine/emission system"

"2005 Nissan Frontier lasted 75000 miles before falling apart. First the timing chain cover seals failed, which dramatically lowered oil pressure. Cost to replace: $3200. Now the emission system has failed, and although it is warranted for 80K/8yrs, Nissan will not honor warranty because it is 2 months older than 8 yrs!"