2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 551 Ratings for the 2005 - 2016 models.

Nice Truck

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Very comfortable, even for a 6'1" guy, my knees dont hit anywhere and there's plenty of room in the back for my picky adult friends. Truck also rides smooth and solid, and is very capable when off road to find those difficult river acces points, or climbing the mountain backroads for a good view. If you're considering this truck I can only suggest you try a test drive to make up you're mind. This is my second Frontier, and I'd be hard to convince to try a different truck."

First time owning a pickup... Love this one!

By on Monday, March 28, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, fit in my garage"

Cons: "Gas Mileage could, and should, be better."

"Purchased this truck (4x4 Crew Cab SL with Value Package) in Jan 2016, and am completely satisfied. I test drove a Tacoma and the Canyon, and found this to be the most comfortable out of the bunch. I know many people state that this truck is "dated", and I can see why, but I never would have through that until I read a review which used that term. Yes, the inside could use an update, but let's be honest; this is a truck. I find it comfortable on longer drives, it has a decent enough stereo, and working bluetooth. Combined with heated seats, power windows, backup camera and keyless entry, it has everything I need. The V6 has plenty of power, and when you hit the gas and hit 4K RPM you really start to feel the power kick in. The bed liner, adjustable rail system, bed extended and hitch receiver makes this perfect for what a average homeowner will ever need. The final point I want to make is the overall length of the truck; at 206 inches it is short enough to fit in my garage. The only ding against this truck is gas mileage; 15 City and 20 Highway is not awful, but 18 city would add 90 miles between stopping for gas, which for me is about a week extra between fill ups. To me this was not a deal breaker (obviously I drive less than 100 miles a week in this truck) but I wanted to mention it. Overall, this was 10K less than a comparatively equipped Tacoma in my area, and I couldn't be happier. Only time will tell how the truck holds up, but my initial 3 months are very positive. Mac"

2014 Pro-4x Crew Cab

By on Sunday, December 27, 2015

Pros: "Great Handling, great power, fun to drive"

Cons: "None yet"

"I purchased this truck about a year ago after doing a lot of research on mid-size trucks like the Tacoma and GMC/Chevy Colorado. All these trucks are good choices, and well built. I purchased the Frontier because it was the best value of the three options. I also wanted a manual transmission which is hard to find with the GMC/Chevy. Here's some other reasons: Fantastic resale value, excellent build quality, built in USA. Huge towing capacity (6,000 pounds plus). The 4 wheel drive system works great in the snow here in Utah. And the ride is excellent both on and off road. I paid about $10k less than I would have paid for a comparably equipped Tacoma and I got a lot of goodies like locking rear differential, blue tooth connectivity, heated seats, traction control, zero gravity seats. My Frontier is a ton of fun to drive, it has great power, great handling and I like the way it looks, even if it is a ten year old design. You can find these Pro-4x models that come with the bilstein shocks, the skid plates, etc for around $26k with under 20,000 miles and a year or two old. You can't beat the value, and you won't be disappointed."

I love my truck.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "change nothing"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"I have loved my Nissan since I bought it. Its my daily driver. With the stock engine, it will fly. comfortable, premium sound system lives up to being called premium"

Good winter vehicle, good range of sight

By on Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Pros: "good value, good field of vision, roomy cab, good"

Cons: "control not labeled well, some not easy to reach"

"This is a good size for me (I am an old lady), big enough 4WD that I am confident in the New England snows but small enough to handle. Rides good. One thing that sold me was the inside you have a better field of vision, better than the old RAM I had. I got the short bed only because my garage is pretty small. It is peppy, good on gas we get about 20 or 21 around town. There is plenty of shoulder room for my big hubby, and the 4-door back seat is good for the grandkids or groceries etc. Had it about 6 months now, so far so good, will tell you more in another year or two. Dollar for dollar we felt it was a better value than others we looked at."

Reliable transportation with a classy look

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks and dependability"

Cons: "Rides like a truck"

It's kayak time!

"I saw this truck in the showroom and had to have it. It comes with the luggage rack (that we use to carry our kayak) and running boards. Real classy style. We have driven to both coasts and Canada averaging 20 - 23 MPG on the highway with speed limits of 55 to 85. Seats are comfortable but we have to remember it is a truck so it does not ride like a nice sedan. Best thing about my Frontier is its looks and dependability. Original tires lasted 82,000 miles and I have just changed the oil and done routine maintenance"

It's kayak time!

Great truck, performs amaznigly for its size!

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Excellent truck all around."

Cons: "4.5' bed is difficult to manage."

"I've had my 06' Frontier Crew cab for two years. The truck has done everything I've asked of it and then-some. I tow with it much more than I had planned and it hasn't caused any extra wear aside form brakes which is to be expected. Towing fuel mileage is excellent. Maintenance is extremely manageable and the truck has never left me sit. The interior leaves some to be desired but I bought a basic model, I'm sure there are options to make it more comfortable. The engine has plenty of power for a V6. I went with the six-speed manual and it's great. Although I can't speak for the automatic models. The truck is an everyday family man's vehicle but if I feel the need to drive spiritedly it performs well. For being a 4x4 truck, it responds similar to a mid-sized car as far as steering, handling and overall feel which is impressive. It also proved successful Off-Road."

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 2012

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "roomy rear bench seat, good looks"

Cons: "tires are soft, wide steering radius"

"Overall this is a nice truck. I gave the interior design a 9 only because the dash feels to far away from the drivers seat and I find myself reaching to use the control knobs. I rated the driving dynamics at 9, the turning radius seem a bit wide and I find the truck hard to keep steady on the road, it seems to wander on the road. I believe it to be soft sidewalls on the BF Goodrich Long trails that are factory installed. If I could change anything on the truck it would definitely be the tires."

First truck, excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"50k miles, still rides like a dream! We changed over to AS tires when AT finally wore out, very quiet on highway now. Great for pulling my boat trailer. Bought bed extender and liner for bed. Very powerful engine, switches from 2 WD to 4 WD w/o a hitch. Only item needing replacement was CD player (go on-line to buy one, Nissan wants $500 for the part alone)."

have owned seven pickups,this is the best ever

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "rides like a sedan handles like a sports car."

"Value wise, can't be beat.After two and a half years is still vaued at what I paid for it. I could sell it easily in one day, if I wished."