2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 551 Ratings for the 2005 - 2016 models.

First time owning a pickup... Love this one!

By on Monday, March 28, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, fit in my garage"

Cons: "Gas Mileage could, and should, be better."

"Purchased this truck (4x4 Crew Cab SL with Value Package) in Jan 2016, and am completely satisfied. I test drove a Tacoma and the Canyon, and found this to be the most comfortable out of the bunch. I know many people state that this truck is "dated", and I can see why, but I never would have through that until I read a review which used that term. Yes, the inside could use an update, but let's be honest; this is a truck. I find it comfortable on longer drives, it has a decent enough stereo, and working bluetooth. Combined with heated seats, power windows, backup camera and keyless entry, it has everything I need. The V6 has plenty of power, and when you hit the gas and hit 4K RPM you really start to feel the power kick in. The bed liner, adjustable rail system, bed extended and hitch receiver makes this perfect for what a average homeowner will ever need. The final point I want to make is the overall length of the truck; at 206 inches it is short enough to fit in my garage. The only ding against this truck is gas mileage; 15 City and 20 Highway is not awful, but 18 city would add 90 miles between stopping for gas, which for me is about a week extra between fill ups. To me this was not a deal breaker (obviously I drive less than 100 miles a week in this truck) but I wanted to mention it. Overall, this was 10K less than a comparatively equipped Tacoma in my area, and I couldn't be happier. Only time will tell how the truck holds up, but my initial 3 months are very positive. Mac"

First truck, excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"50k miles, still rides like a dream! We changed over to AS tires when AT finally wore out, very quiet on highway now. Great for pulling my boat trailer. Bought bed extender and liner for bed. Very powerful engine, switches from 2 WD to 4 WD w/o a hitch. Only item needing replacement was CD player (go on-line to buy one, Nissan wants $500 for the part alone)."

Great truck, performs amaznigly for its size!

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Excellent truck all around."

Cons: "4.5' bed is difficult to manage."

"I've had my 06' Frontier Crew cab for two years. The truck has done everything I've asked of it and then-some. I tow with it much more than I had planned and it hasn't caused any extra wear aside form brakes which is to be expected. Towing fuel mileage is excellent. Maintenance is extremely manageable and the truck has never left me sit. The interior leaves some to be desired but I bought a basic model, I'm sure there are options to make it more comfortable. The engine has plenty of power for a V6. I went with the six-speed manual and it's great. Although I can't speak for the automatic models. The truck is an everyday family man's vehicle but if I feel the need to drive spiritedly it performs well. For being a 4x4 truck, it responds similar to a mid-sized car as far as steering, handling and overall feel which is impressive. It also proved successful Off-Road."

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 2012

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "roomy rear bench seat, good looks"

Cons: "tires are soft, wide steering radius"

"Overall this is a nice truck. I gave the interior design a 9 only because the dash feels to far away from the drivers seat and I find myself reaching to use the control knobs. I rated the driving dynamics at 9, the turning radius seem a bit wide and I find the truck hard to keep steady on the road, it seems to wander on the road. I believe it to be soft sidewalls on the BF Goodrich Long trails that are factory installed. If I could change anything on the truck it would definitely be the tires."

have owned seven pickups,this is the best ever

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "rides like a sedan handles like a sports car."

"Value wise, can't be beat.After two and a half years is still vaued at what I paid for it. I could sell it easily in one day, if I wished."

Great overall truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Good utility vehicle that is very reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage is a little low"

"The frontier crew cab has room for all and can still fit a car seat in the back! I have put this truck through many obstacles from towing to hauling to massive snow and long distance drives. It has never let me down and is comfortable to drive. The only negative is the gas mileage. generally with my style of driving in the city it get 15 to 16 MPG, and less in the winter when ethanol is added to the fuel."

Simply Awesome

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "So fun to drive"

Cons: "No issues at all"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. Reliable, powerful and fun. Looks awesome. It's 6 years old and still looks new. People say to me "That's my next truck.""

This is one of the best vehicles I have owned.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, easy getting in and out"

Cons: "bed is high, hard to reach over"

"I bought this vehicle to move household goods within the state and to pull a small trailer. Wanted a 4 dr for the grandkids. It has done better than expected, it feels solid and firm on the road. Good visabilty and easy to park. Gas milage is good (18 to 20 local). Hasn't needed any repairs in over 82,000 miles. Excellant vehicle."

great truck

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"people make fun of me all the time because it isnt a "full size" truck. but if you dont do any real heavy duty work.. there is absolutly no reason to get something that big. i just like to go off road and have some fun in the mud and exploring with this truck is great. if you are more of an extremist, you might want to look into a life and tires. and that is all you will need. the back seats are pretty small so dont plan on taking any long road trips with 4 guys. back seats are very tight."

Best for the money.

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"My 2008 is my 3rd Frontier. It is the best truck on the road for the dollar spent. Need however to add daytime driving lights and please fix the turning radius."