2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2005 - 2016 models.

Great Truck (except for ONE IMPORTANT THING)

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Drive Great/Handles Great....very confortable"

Cons: "Costly Automatic Transmission Problems"

"2004-2006 Nissan Pathfinders/Xteras & Frontiers....have a bad transmission problem...anti-freeze mixing in with the transmission fluid damaging the transmission that is VERY VERY Costly $4,500 to $7,500 for a new transmission. Nissan knew about this many years now and never recalled any of these vehicles....buyers beware UNLESS the radiator has been changed or an external transmission cooler is added before this contamination occurs."

fun to drive, smooth ride, great amenities

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "styling, sound system, good looks"

Cons: "for lack of any cons- better gas mileage"

"I have had 5 Chevy Silverado's 1500, decided to try a Nissan and scale down. I do not miss the big truck. The frontier is all I need, smooth ride love the 4WD. This truck is dependable! My wife loved mine so much she went and bought a Xterra the next week! You can't go wrong."

Best Pickup yet

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, smooth, comfortable, good-looking"

Cons: "mileage"

2012 Nissan Frontier SL CC LB lava-red

"My previous pickup was a '92 Nissan SEV6 King cab 4x4 - which up to 2012, was the best vehicle I ever owned. So I had high expectations for the 2012 model. I wasn't disappointed. I bought this SL CC lava-red model brand new, and it has everything I want in a truck, including bling. In fact it is the coolest-looking pick up going when loaded with roof rack, chrome grill guard, chrome tailgate applique, etc. It has a powerful engine coupled to a smooth transmission for hauling and moving out fast when you need it. Very comfortable and quiet ride. The interior has all the luxuries, while appearing utilitarian (it is a truck, after all). The back seat may be a little cramped for adults,, but my kids report they comfortable and roomy for them. The only feature I dislike is the gas mileage. Use all that power often, and you will get pretty bad mileage. I started off with first tank at 12 mpg mainly city driving, improved to 16/17 mpg at 50/50 city/hwy, and 19/20 mpg at mostly highway. That's not really too bad for a pickup designed to carry loads and hauling, especially considering my '92 SEV6 got 19 mpg and was smaller, lighter, had a smaller engine. To get better mileage, I changed my driving habits to avoid city stop-&-go traffic, and take to the freeway whenever the option presents itself. Mileage improved markedly after reaching 5,500 miles on odometer. Also accelerator is electrical wire, and takes getting used to - best to accelerate briskly to get to cruising speed, and keep the gas in the same position thereafter. I have to also say that I like my dealer very much (gasp). He has been very responsive to my every concern, including swapping-out parts at no charge (a spare-tire lock for a missing tow hook), and giving me the first 3,750 mile maintenance free."

2012 Nissan Frontier SL CC LB lava-red

It Started Out Good

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reason: bad gas mileage

Pros: "Strong V6, Handles pretty well"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE, Squeaks and rattles, radiator"

"I loved my crewcab V6 when i bought it in 2008. When i traded it last week I was excited to see it go. The truck had to be serviced within the first week of purchase. Water started to leak from under the passenger side of the dash. Next all the squeaks and rattles started from the front end of the truck. Never figure out where the squeaks were coming from. Then I started to smell coolant coming from the radiator. Nissan extended the warranty on the radiator on the 2008 frontiers. But mines started leaking after that extended warranty expired. The last straw for me was the gas mileage.The truck was costing almost $500 a month to keep it fueled up."

Decient truck

By on Friday, November 5, 2010

"I have this vechicle and my best friend owns a TRD 05 Tacoma. After 5 years of ownership I wish I would have spent the extra money on a tacoma, this frontier has had multiple problems. The Catalytic converters failed at 82,000 mi (2000 after warranty) nobody at nissan had any empathy, now the fuel sending unit has died and there's another recall I'm not applicable for because of mileage... make a better truck nissan. IMO buy the tacoma Repaired or replaced Driveline U joints ECM Chip Fuel Sending unit Rear wheel bearing Engine Belt won't stop squeeling, Replaced tensioner and belt multiple times to no avail. After belt it replaced squeeling stops for a week or so. master Window control stopped controlling other windows."