2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 531 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 2012

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "roomy rear bench seat, good looks"

Cons: "tires are soft, wide steering radius"

"Overall this is a nice truck. I gave the interior design a 9 only because the dash feels to far away from the drivers seat and I find myself reaching to use the control knobs. I rated the driving dynamics at 9, the turning radius seem a bit wide and I find the truck hard to keep steady on the road, it seems to wander on the road. I believe it to be soft sidewalls on the BF Goodrich Long trails that are factory installed. If I could change anything on the truck it would definitely be the tires."

First truck, excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"50k miles, still rides like a dream! We changed over to AS tires when AT finally wore out, very quiet on highway now. Great for pulling my boat trailer. Bought bed extender and liner for bed. Very powerful engine, switches from 2 WD to 4 WD w/o a hitch. Only item needing replacement was CD player (go on-line to buy one, Nissan wants $500 for the part alone)."

have owned seven pickups,this is the best ever

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "rides like a sedan handles like a sports car."

"Value wise, can't be beat.After two and a half years is still vaued at what I paid for it. I could sell it easily in one day, if I wished."

Great overall truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Good utility vehicle that is very reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage is a little low"

"The frontier crew cab has room for all and can still fit a car seat in the back! I have put this truck through many obstacles from towing to hauling to massive snow and long distance drives. It has never let me down and is comfortable to drive. The only negative is the gas mileage. generally with my style of driving in the city it get 15 to 16 MPG, and less in the winter when ethanol is added to the fuel."

Simply Awesome

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "So fun to drive"

Cons: "No issues at all"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. Reliable, powerful and fun. Looks awesome. It's 6 years old and still looks new. People say to me "That's my next truck.""

This is one of the best vehicles I have owned.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, easy getting in and out"

Cons: "bed is high, hard to reach over"

"I bought this vehicle to move household goods within the state and to pull a small trailer. Wanted a 4 dr for the grandkids. It has done better than expected, it feels solid and firm on the road. Good visabilty and easy to park. Gas milage is good (18 to 20 local). Hasn't needed any repairs in over 82,000 miles. Excellant vehicle."

great truck

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"people make fun of me all the time because it isnt a "full size" truck. but if you dont do any real heavy duty work.. there is absolutly no reason to get something that big. i just like to go off road and have some fun in the mud and exploring with this truck is great. if you are more of an extremist, you might want to look into a life and tires. and that is all you will need. the back seats are pretty small so dont plan on taking any long road trips with 4 guys. back seats are very tight."

Best for the money.

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"My 2008 is my 3rd Frontier. It is the best truck on the road for the dollar spent. Need however to add daytime driving lights and please fix the turning radius."

Better than a SportTrac!

By on Thursday, April 08, 2010

"I finally convinced my wife to unload her beat up Ford SportTrac for this. She now realizes this was a good idea. This is an awesome little truck! We have a 2006 SE that had a lift put on it by previous owner with 33" tires. Makes it ride way better than factory. The 4.0 is a snappy motor. Not sure I'd want to put my 4.3 S-10 up against it. With the oversize tires and lift it'll go thru darn near anything. We had a pretty wild winter in the mid-west and I TRIED to get it stuck in a snowdrift. Didn't happen. Just sunk down, bit in, and away we go. The only bad thing I can say about it is it's a little cramped for me. I'm 6'3" and about 240. I get tired of banging my left shoulder on the B-pillar. Of course, my wife's 5' flat and tiny, so it's not so much of a problem for her! Would definitely recommend it to anybody who wants a nice all around mid-size truck."

One Tough Little Truck

By on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I bought this truck new. I use it for work and now have 170186 miles on it. It has been a work horse. The miles I drive are of all variations. The gas milage seems to be around 22 for the most part. I don't drive like a 20 yr old though. I plan to drive this truck from now (3-30-2010) to the end of 2010 or around spring of 2011. After that I should have around 220,000 miles. Should be a good test run for my 07 frontier se v6 4x4. At the end of this test ride I have plans on getting another one. Only I will get the Prox4 with lockers. The snow got around 44in this year where I live and the 1st day took awhile to break out of the driveway, where lockers on the Jeep went better. I like many others wish the turn radius was better. I put a leveling kit on a while back and 285's"

good truck for the value

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Enjoy truck very much, mileage good long as you keep below 70 on interstate, I drive 60 MPH on interstate, I average 19-20MPG, good looking truck, extendable bed great, tie downs in bedvery useable."

Best Truck I've Ever Driven

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"This truck has everything. All the power you need. It's fast and with the 6-speed I get 23-24 mpg."

What a Truck

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"Bought brand new Dec.2006. Great buy. Did not like Toyota because of limited view out of windsheild. This Nissan has plenty of power.. Only dislike is turning radius."

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Truck has great horsepower and can beat almost anything at start up. It handles well and is a great looking truck. It's an 06 and I haven't had any problems. Except for the leaking sunroof. The front doors open too wide that I can't even close them by the handle. The seats aren't very comfy, especially in the back. When I have the seats down in the back, I can hear the wind outside like the doors aren't closed well. Those things are minor and I really like it though"

Great truck

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"This has been a good reliable vehicle. My only complaint is the gas mileage. Owned two Dodge Dakota 4x4 8 cyls prior and traded for this V6 hoping for better mileage. It is better, but just barely. Other than that the truck is great. Comfortable, drives nice, pulls adequately, quiet, and looks good. May well buy another when the time is right."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"On the overall, this is a terrific truck. I have the Nismo Edition with sunroof and Rockford Fosgate audio that rocks! The bed is equipped with the unili-track and spray in bedliner that is tough as nails and shows no wear. I paid under $18,000 on a $29,000 truck after all incentives!!!!!!! The only downside I can find is the interior is lined with cheap, hollow plastics that look like they will scratch very easily, but so far have not. I have to say gas mileage is only so-so, but considering the Frontier is on the Titan frame and is rather heavy, not so bad."

Sweet Truck

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Perfect size fuel economy package. If driven wisely can get over 20 mpg with 265 HP!!! only adding Cold air intake. I love my truck."

Mountain Goat :)

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"After test driving every mid sized pickup available for the 2006 production year from GM, Ford, Toyota, Mazda, and Nissan my heart and adrenaline settled on this beast. With the redesigned engine based on the 350z v6 configuration and the highest stock ground clearance i was convinced that this was different than its predecessors. Only after driving it (which for a 6'4" man was remarkably easy and roomy) was i able to really appreciate the nimble and yet sturdy bilstein suspension provided on the NISMO. My only feeling of regret comes when i see the '07's rolling around with their longer bed (much easier to haul an ATV). So far he has made it through some of the worst BLM land that Idaho has to offer with not even a hickup or belly rub. The Sawtooth Mountains are known for their difficult jeep trails (some of which are not even found on USGS maps) none of which have been tough enough for this mid sized powerhouse. I couldn't be happier (plus the wife enjoys the safety features and professional styling)."

best mini truck I have owned

By on Sunday, February 03, 2008

"This vehicle does and is everything that the manufacture says it does in terms of power, reliability, confort, and over all preformance. I would recomend this truck as a personal or work truck to any one wanting power, toughness, economy, and reliability all packed into a smooth family ride like confort."

Good truck

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I normally drive full size pickups, this is my first small truck. It's probably the best small truck in it's class. Great passing power, fair to good gas mileage, 21 and 18. I'm a big guy so I could use just a hair more leg room but I needed more room in the full size trucks also, except for my Dodge 2500, Quad cab. The ride is ok, mine is 4WD with the limited slip front and back. It actually rides better on logging roads than it does on the highway but it could use a little more road clearance. My only real complaints are the front suspension, which I think is a little weak on rough paved roads and the brakes are terrible, in my opinion. I think sometimes I've got my big foot on the gas as I'm braking, not much room between the two pedals but even when I'm sure I'm only on the brake pedal, it takes alot to bring it to a halt quickly. Don't think it would be very good with a load behind it. Also, my Polaris 700 4 wheeler does not fit between the wheel wells in the bed. Only time I loaded it, I broke the rear window before I could stop the 4 wheeler (slid off the front of the wheel wells). Would I buy another, no, but I will never buy any small truck again. My two previous trucks, a chevy 4WD Z-71 with a 285hp V-8 and a Dodge 2500 quad cab diesel both got as good a gas mileage as this frontier and they have so much more room."

Ups and Downs

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I've been driving SUV's for years and went to a pick up. This was my first Nissan. I had a noise in the engine that turned out to be an electric valve they that to epoxy. I still have an annoying squeak in the left front the my 2005, that is now out of warrenty. The shop would tighten it down to stop the squeak for a month, and it would come back. 5 sp manual gets over 20 mpg, and I've hit 21 on trips. Brakes make a god awful sound when two tires hit dirt and two tires stay on pavement. Shop says it's the anti-lock doing that and it's normal? I have the spray on bed liner, and no one can tell me how to keep the color..it's fading. Bed is extremely hard to clean out with the ridges. Power is good, but it needs more than regular, I suggest using the mid-grade..better milage and engine performace makes up for the 10 to 12 cent difference. Get the 6 ft bed, you'll be glad you did. I'm looking for another truck, the Frontier is in the running, but I'm open to something better. Toyota didn't have all the bells and whistles, it cost more, and the windshield was restrictive compared to the Nissan. 4wd works well in the sand and snow, but if you're diving in sand consider the automatic."

Most Impressed

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I've owned my Frontier for about 2 months. I love this truck. I'm most impressed with it's looks, power, and comfort. I considered a Tacoma but after test driving both, I liked the seating position and the power of the Frontier better. Also, a comparably equipped Tacoma was much higher in price. I got a great deal on my Frontier and was able to buy new instead of used. I would highly recommend the Nissan Frontier."

2006 Frontier LE

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I love this truck. I have only owned three cars my entire life and all three of them have been Nissans. I had a 1990 pickup, 1995 200sx SE-R, and now a 2006 Frontier LE. I took this truck on a month long trip across the United States pulling a 4000lbs travel trailer..... over 9000 miles Grand Canyon, Death Valley (114degrees), Yosemite, Yellowstone (17degrees at night), and Mount Rushmore. Truck never missed a beat. Actual gas mileage is about 19.5 Highway and about 18 city. Pulling the 4000 trailer I got 8-12 mpg. LOVE IT!!!"

Best Truck

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I use my truck like a truck, I tow, and I haul stuff. the 4.0L V6 is stronger then my friends Full size chevy. I have had no problems with my truck, other than oil changes I have not put a dime into it. Nissan finally has a truck that stands alone. I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for some reliability. Toyota does not even come close."

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007