2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 531 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

great for a work truck!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "great for towing"

Cons: "grown men not comfortable in back seat"

"We purchased this truck used at 36,000 miles from a teenager who probably never towed anything with it. Since then we have enjoyed this trucks towing capabilities for utility trailers packed down with equipment and the cab holding four men with tools in the bed. It has performed very well with great acceleration. Some draw backs include, the back seats are not made for grown men, so long rides are uncomfortable and hard on the back and legs. Also shortly after our purchase, a bolt that rattled loose from the tranismisson case and caused us to replace the bearing, but we were still able to pull the trailer home while this was happening. We have not had any other mechanical problems since this just minor glitches, for example, some of the lights in the dash have come on since driving in the rain and will not turn off, but they have not affected it's perfomance. We have the 4x4 and have used it for this purpose, works great. Normal driving in town is a bit bumpy and sways on turns, but not alarmingly. Road noise could be better filtered out from the cab, but it could be our choice in tires ( heavy duty 10 ply with nitrogen).Favorite options include deep cup holders in the door panels, deep storage arm rest, dash and storage under back seat. Our truck has a six disk cd changer with subwoofer, although there is a draw back with radio when it gets too hot inside the cab, the radio will not work until the ac cools the interior down enough. Options I wish it offered would be ac vents and softer seats for passengers in the back. My husband fits in this truck just fine, but being a small woman, I would like to have the pedals come to me instead of my seat coming to the pedals (It creats a situation where my knees are almost touching the dash)and I have to use a back support to be able to reach the pedals and still be able to lean on the back of the seat at the same time. I'm only 5'1 so it's not comfortable for me to drive long distances in this truck, but if you are taller than me, this truck has good head clearance inside."

nice truck

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"The 2007 nissan frontier won't let you down. It has great get up and go. The only negative thing I have to say is it's not very comfortable for long trips of 2 hours or more. It's a bit of a bumpy ride. Gas mileage is great for a truck at 20mpg."

Better Than Toyota

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"I was trying to deal with a Toyota dealer, and my son gave me a call. I went to the Nissan dealer next door, and drove away with my new Nissan for about $8,000 less than the toyota. This is all of the truck that you would want. Everything works perfect. The dealer was great, and no pressure to buy."

Good Truck

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Only down side, turning radius and back seat comfort."

By on Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Well i bought this truck brand spankin new little over a year ago. I went with the Nismo 2wd edition....wish i had gone with the 4wd but kinda got caught up in the moment at the dealer. I also got the Rockford Fosgate system and sunroof/roofrack. I peronally think its a great looking truck...maybe just a little narrow, but this helps on the trails. Ive taken it on some really brutal trails and it performed superbly for a 2wd...rear locker does wonders. Only been stuck once, in really loose gravel on steep sidways angled trail. If i had 4wd would have no problem. Ride height is a little bigger than the Tacoma. Skid plates have come in handy numerous times...and seem to of ample thickness. Going up some of the steep, rockier trails makes me wish i had a manual...or low 4wd...the power just kicks in alittle too much with the automatic and the tires spin alot, even when in first gear. But overall i been VERY pleased with offroad performance. Interior is setup very nicely. The RF system really bumps. I like the ipod connect that i have with mine too. Im 6'4" and still fit pretty comfortably...my hair just barely rubs the headboard and my knees clear the dash barely. The driver seat adjusts in all kinds of ways! I like the rear cargo lamp. Its come in handy when lookin thru the back at night. I have the crew cab, and it seems to fit my average sized friends ok...sure they wouldnt be very comfortable on long trips though. Plenty of space to put things inside...lots of cubholes. Dual glovebox is pretty cool too. Engine has run superbly thus far...plenty of power for my liking. Ride is very comfortable...bumps are little stiff but for a truck with offroad shocks its does nicely on the city. Turning radius is pretty big, but you get use to it. Ive only had it in the shop for one thing other than oil, and that was entirely my fault. I rammed the fan shroud up on one of my trail endeavors and it was nickin the fan. The dealer actually covered under warranty evern though i was offroading it! I should have had to pay for it, but the dealer was very cooperative and understanding. Props to them on that. Gas mileage is about 17.5 in the city...round 20 highway. I expected this coming in with a truck. Overall i love the truck...i would keep it forever except i want a 4wd....which will be a nissan frontier of course. Great Truck."

Great Truck but has a couple of areas to improve

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I bought this truck about a year ago and have really enjoyed it. The in bed rails from the factory are great for tying down cargo and work extremely well. four wheel drive and traction control are nice on this truck. There are a couple of things that could be improved. Driver legroom is a little tight and I am not an overly tall guy... 6'2". The truck is a little sluggish pulling a trailer and definitely does not like pulling up 4% and greater mountain grades. Also the factory tires are passenger 4-ply BFG's instead of the light truck 6-ply. Most people will probably not notice this but it is a truck and should have the better tires. just an area where Nissan tried to cut some cost. The final thing is probably the most annoying and that is the rock chips on the front side of the rear fender. Nissan applied a protector to this area but it is not sufficient and you will find identical rock chips on 99% of all used frontiers with this body style. Overall it is a good truck and maintains its value well. I expect to have this truck for many years with very few problems."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"This is my 3rd new truck in 8 years and I'm finally happy. #1 Ford Ranger & #2 Dodge Dakota were both in the shop for serious warranty repairs within 6mo. This vehicle has a flawless service record after 1 year and 20K. I shopped it new against the Tacoma and could not have made a better choice on value for features offered. I chose the 4D-4WD-LB w/LE pkg & premium sound w/ sun roof. -29K out the door. I could not be happier."

Nissan Fan for Life!!!!

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 SE 4X4 AT King Cab. Best truck ever! I would like to have the manual trans. because i know i could get better gas mileage if i'm the one shifting gears. I had a 2005 colorado, what a junker! Nissan will be getting my business for years to come!"

Nice Truck

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Very comfortable, even for a 6'1" guy, my knees dont hit anywhere and there's plenty of room in the back for my picky adult friends. Truck also rides smooth and solid, and is very capable when off road to find those difficult river acces points, or climbing the mountain backroads for a good view. If you're considering this truck I can only suggest you try a test drive to make up you're mind. This is my second Frontier, and I'd be hard to convince to try a different truck."

2007 2WD Crew SE

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"Have had the truck 8 months and compared Toyota, Ford Sport Trac, Dodge Dakota. The Value Truck Package is a great combination of true "truck" features with limited slip, utilitrack, alloys. I've pulled a large landscape trailer with no issues, but wouldn't pull more than 4,000 lbs for towing without trailer brakes due to lower weight and "stopping power" of this truck. Three things to point out are the backseats aren't big enough for bigger kids for long trips, the tan interior seat fabric is very easy to stain and a relatively loud air conditioning compressor that comes on and off making a low metallic rattling sound. The dealer says the A/C noise is normal, but look out for this when you shop IMO. For a $21K truck, it's a solid value and a smooth riding daily driver. I'd opt for the LE trip level with limited slip if I had it to do over again. A few $K now, saves lots of "wish I'd done that" thoughts later! Good luck!"