• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 524 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Best mid sized truck

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I did a ton of research and test-driving of every other model before choosing the frontier and i couldn't be happier with it. It has the best options available in its class, smooth ride, excellent handling, just fast enough and still good gas mileage, well built and reliable, and easy to park! best features: sunroof, heated, comfy seats, subwoofers that come with the upgraded audio. my friends with fords and toyotas are jealous of mine."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

safe and sound

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I had a 2005 frontier and loved it. A drunk driver rear ended my truck going over 80mph. I was towing a trailer at the time. My truck jack-knifed and flipped over some trees, landed on the roof and skidded across 3 lanes, hit the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road and flipped back over onto its wheels, slamming into a wall and some trees. 2 of the windows fell out, the back bumper was ripped off, and both mirrors were gone. And somehow everyone in the truck escaped without injury! I immediately went out and got an 2006 Frontier. and I still have it. It feels good to know that my truck is safe, especially with my family in the car. Everything else about the truck is great also. Ill admit the seats are a little scratchy and I was bummed it didnt have a MP3 jack. But overall great trucks."

GREAT TRUCK! BEATS TACOMA!

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Very very good truck. Before purchasing I compared between the Frontier and Tacoma. At first I was going to go for the Tacoma but after reading up more and test driving the frontier I decided for the Frontier. I proudly say I own an automatic 2007 Frontier Crew Cab SE short bed here is a list of my opinions, hope this helps! 1) Price- Better value over Tacoma, the tac. is overpriced! I bought my Frontier used and although it does not have the same resale value of the Tacoma, I feel I got a great truck for what I paid. 2) The Frontier has great power, loaded or unloaded. Has a great cabin, very quiet smooth ride. Absorbs bumps very well. Handles nicely, however turning radius is very bad, use caution on uturns! Sometimes the gears on the automatic shift weird. Gas mileage is fair has a 20 gal tank which lasts me 350 miles, however I am a crazy driver and like to step on it. 3) Interior -- This truck has better visibility than the tacoma. windshield is much larger and can see more. Comfortable front seats, I have a crew cab, and the back seats could use a few extra inches of legroom but its enough for kids. Steering wheel is thick providing nice truck like feeling and grip of the wheel. Center console has clean simple design that looks very good. lots of room inside for cd's, pens, change, 2 glove boxes, 8 cup holders, passenger seat folds flat. However some parts of the door panels looks like cheap plastic but if you take care of your tuck you'll be fine. Back seats fold up and down, when seats folded down you can hear wind noise however. 4) Exterior- Utilitrack system is great! very handy when loading things, you have a lot of options to tie down and secure your cargo. The rear door of the bed is very solid nice and heavy door unlike tacoma, feels flimsy and small. Bed is good size made with good sized dimensions to keep your cargo safe. Truck looks great at all times, clean , muddy, dirty, rainy. I get a lot of stares. the whole truck looks more solidly build (and it is) over the tacoma. Overall I am very happy with my purchase I am glad I went with the Frontier, it has a couple of drawbacks but compared to the many positives you get with this truck you won't even mind the negatives. My next truck I want it to be the Frontier but NISMO edition or the new 09 PRO models. I hope I have this truck forever and im sure it will last forever.! NISSAN IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE ADD A REAR SLIDING WINDOW IN THE BACK FOR ALL MODELS!!!!"

Worth the Wait

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"I looked long and hard for a decent used mid-sized pick-up,and I have to admit that the initial search was focused on the Toyota Tacoma,based on referrals and reviews. After several weeks of intense internet and classified searches,my attention shifted to the Frontier. As soon as I got "up close" to one and compared features my mind was made up. I ended up purchasing an "06 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab" and WOW! What a truck! Not only roomier than the Tacoma,but much more reasonably priced! The build quality,comfort,and ride was far superior than I had hoped for,and it has the Nissan reputation for reliability behind it. Way more power with the V6 than I'll probably need,and the fuel milage reflects it if you aren't careful! One "Tie-Breaker" came for me when I called a friend who works as a service technician at a local Dealership that sells and services both the Tacoma and the Frontier. He told me "We sell them both all the time,and rarely see them again unless it's routine maintenence. I HAVE noticed that for whatever reason,the Toyotas seem to develop rust problems earlier." He was right! Look around at the ones on the road. I'm REALLY happy with my choice,and so far,NO REGRETS!"