• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 152 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Reliable, rugged and winterworthy.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Awesome power for its size, good handling in show."

Cons: "Seats uncomfortable in the XE class, go SE"

"I have owned Nissan's for over 25 years now and this is a good truck. I have generally kept vehicles until deer, black ice or snow have taken them out of commission, but this is the exception. Of all the Nissan's I have owned this one clearly is the LEAST comfortable. I bought it used so I am not sure if a very heavy person killed the seat before me, but the seat is bad. I owned a 1987 SEV6 until last year and that seat was just a shade less comfortable than this one! On the good side, it is a POWERFUL truck! Anyone that overlooks this pickup and does not haul extremely heavy loads regularly is wasting their money buying a larger truck. It has pulled through mud and snow in my woods, tows well and with the manual transmission, low gear is awesome pulling stumps!!!! A true eye opener. Gas mileage? Nissan has work to do. I would never buy this 4X4 truck and drive in a city, unless I won the Lottery."

2004 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"I have had this truck for 8 years now and I have never had it in the shop for a problem. Great truck for someone wanting a smaller pickup and bed space is not a huge factor."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive,"

Cons: "not feul economic"

"This is a good vehicle it drives great, is very comfortable, and is very reliable. The only problem is that it is not good on gas if you travel. I get on average about 16 mpg. I travel to and from school about 35 mile one way and gas is killing me. But if you want comfort and reliability, this could be the vehicle for you."

Great Truck! Goes anywhere, reliably everytime!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, off road capability, towing 5000 lbs."

Cons: "Back seat,"

Clean machine

"I have owned my Frontier for over 9 years and with regular maintenance and care it still runs as good as the day I purchased it. Current mileage is 217,000 without any engine or transmission work. Fuel economy still sits at new vehicle rating of EPA 14 Mpg city and 17 highway and it doesnt burn or leak a drop of oil. The only complaint would be the back seat isn't built for full size adults for long trips but my 3 small kids fit comfortably. It could use a shoulder belt for the middle rear seat. Fantastic ride. Far more comfortable than any Toyota I have owned or ridden in and just as capable off road or on."

Clean machine

Never stops

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Just a great little truck. No matter what I throw at it, it just keeps moving forward and access to parts is great."