• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 142 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Awesome compact truck!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value!"

Cons: "Needs power outlet in front w/o having key on"

"I bought this truck new and have had excellent service and reliability from day one. The only items replaced are the front brakes and battery, aside from filters during normal service. It is very easy to use in town, and very comfortable on a long trip. It has been on trips of 100 to 900 miles plus each way, in all kinds of weather and has always proven itself worth every penny I paid for it. A man 6'3" can sit in the back seat comfortably. Four adults can ride in it comfortably. Car seat anchors in the back seat are a wonderful asset when I have the grandkids. I have pulled a trailer weighing 1500 lb total on 15% grades without having to downshift lower than 4th, and had no brake problems pulling the same load down the same grades."

Drove it off the lot, best choice ever!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, cute, room to haul"

Cons: "backseat not great for adults, cramped"

"I bought this brand new off the lot and now 13-14 yrs later, I still own it and it has given me very few problems, other than routine maintenance like replacing the timing belt today but worth it! We love our truck and still looks good. Only draw back is my sons are now tall teens and they have a hard time squeezing in the back seat."

Can't part with it.

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

"This has been such a reliable vehicle,I can't seem to let go of it.No,it's not roomy but it is so dependable.Wouldn't be afraid to cross country in it."

Best Truck I ever owned!

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Quality, overall performance and reliability."

"I purchased this 2000 Frontier Crew Cab XE new in November 1999. With 98,000 miles plus on it now, it still drives like new. The 3.3 V6 engine performs just fine. With a 4:37:1 rear end ratio, and 170 HP engine, this truck may not be fast, but built to tow. Only problems have been the exhaust manifolds cracked(defective), which I replaced, and a small oil leak back by the rear main seal. Doesn't appear to be the main seal, but the back of the pan. Easy fix! Yes the back seat is a little cramped, but it a "Compact Truck." In 2005 they went to a mid sized truck. Love it and will own it forever! Pulls my 21' RV just fine."

Relaibility has been amazing, fun truck to own.

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

"Reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive. Would like better gas mileage and wet weather handling around corners."

Just the right size for what I need.

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Great fun to drive, great price, looks great."

Cons: "not much area to hide stuff if youre out shopping"

"I bought it new. It the same interior size as the car I had, plus xtra. I dont use mine for a work truck or to pull anything. It says it will pull 5000lbs. It's great for 'having a truck' when I need one. Really gets me down the road. Only thing the air has gone out. Also plasic Nissan is starting to come off tailgate."

fit & trim is great and very reliable

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not enogh interior space"

"I liked the power in the truck. I have replaced 2 gas tanks and I am on my thrid carrier bearing. I find this truck to be hard to work on."

Gotta Love The 2000 Body Style

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Long Life, Good Looker, Crew/Shrt.Bed"

Cons: "Wind sound, CD player stopped"

This pic was taken spring 2011!

"Went to look for a car and drove off the lot with this Pick-Up. Loved it and still do. It has over 125,000 miles on it and has had the usual maintenance issues. Back seat isn't recommended for passengers on long trips due to lack of leg space. But is great if just around the city. Funny that it has the 'pass through window' in the back and it's a crew cab!?!! Interior is still like it was when we got it other than a tiny wear on carpet by drivers door. Our Truck has had much interest from people that are amazed it is a 2000. Love the body style of it and they changed it the next year. It is the only one with those particular fender styles. We have the roof rack and sun roof with the step up rail. Also purchased the bed extender, because it is a Crew Cab, Short Bed. We use the extender about 40% of time to do any hauling in there and always when driving with gate down. Keeps people from running up on you!! lol Love the way it folds over into the bed to close the gate or visa versa. Easy and handy. We did put a lock w/chain to prevent anyone from taking it though. With age comes issues I guess... The CD player has stopped working. Auto lock works, but no longer honks (that may be a positive!), wind sound is pretty annoying on the highway on a windy day. But all and all we love our Frontier! Got a lot of 'giddy up and go' and it has carried some loads in its day. If you can get your hands on one that isn't trashed or abused, grab it! BTW, I never recommend 100% for anything!"

This pic was taken spring 2011!

We love this little truck!

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "sturdy, clean, well maintained, + miles to go!"

Cons: "needs a few minor repairs"

"We have had very few problems over the years and love the styling and ease it offers. I find the cab as comfortable as a car. The back seat could use an inch or two foot room to make adult passengers more comfortable. All in all it has been as reliable as the other Nissan vehicles we have owned. We had a Nissan B-210, a Sentra hatch back, a Crew Cab 4-C pickup and found each one to be as advertised and 100,000 plus reliability!!!"

most reliable truck i ever owned

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "reliable ,good on gas"

Cons: "can heat up when air is on,"

"I have owned many trucks,go trough 2 every year because of driving so many miles. this truck had 28,000 on it when bought and i never did anything but put brakes ,tires, and oil changes....it was and is still running like new. I pull my boat and cargo trailer with it...now pushing 240,000 miles."