• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 152 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

old but good

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"these are good trucks. i have had no major problems. got it new in '02 it has 156k and still running strong. very under powered i hope someone makes a v8 swap kit, the titian engine would make this truck a keeper."

Great little trucks

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I bought the truck new in '99. Now has 202,000 commercial miles. I do mobile auto detailing so the truck has 400 - 1200 pounds in the bed everyday / night. I've had the automatic tranny rebuilt once, one power steering pump, 1 alt, 1 t-stat and of coarse brakes etc etc . Though the suspension is worn out, this truck was not made for what I use it for. The 4 cyl engine is flawless and starts up right away every time. Also bought a new '04 f-150 and was used for detailing as well. Within 80,000 miles it went through 2 rear diffs, 1 tranny, 1 throttle body and the interior was falling apart. I sold the ford and bought a new frontier in '08. So far the '08 is flawless with 46,000 miles."

TERRIFIC VALUE

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I just purchased a 1999 Nissan Frontier pick up with 110,000 miles on it. The one, original owner took incredible care of it, considering it looks almost brand new. It drives more like a 1 year old truck, rather than a 9 year old one! With the 4 cylinder 2.4L and the 5 speed straight shift, I have been getting 23m.p.g. on regular gas! My truck came with brand new Goodrich T/A 31.5x9.0R15LT tires and she handles incredibly. ABS on all 4 wheels came standard. I only wish I had the bucket seats with the console rather than the bench. I have not tested the 4 wheel drive yet, but it is there if I need it. I would recommend this light pick up to anyone. It is on par with a Toyota Tacoma at 1/2 the price. Plus, it is made here in Tennessee by American workers!!"

Based on fact that I have been the only owner

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Cons: "It needs the windshield washer fluid pump replaced"

"This vehicle was purchase by me in 2001 (new) the maintenance has been outstanding and I feel that it is a very good utility vehicle,"

Drove it off the lot, best choice ever!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, cute, room to haul"

Cons: "backseat not great for adults, cramped"

"I bought this brand new off the lot and now 13-14 yrs later, I still own it and it has given me very few problems, other than routine maintenance like replacing the timing belt today but worth it! We love our truck and still looks good. Only draw back is my sons are now tall teens and they have a hard time squeezing in the back seat."