2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 154 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

great value

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"I bought this 01' frontier new in oct 2000. I've put 145k miles on it and the only things I've chnaged have been regular maintenance items such as brake pads, oil/filter and air filter. I also did a tune up at 100k. This truck just doesn't die. I've beat it pretty good and haven't had a single problem with it. The exhaust manifold developed a small crack so I'll need to replace that, but for the amount of years/miles this truck has, that's minimal. I have a 2dr sport coupe but this is still my daily driver and averages about 25mpg. I plan to keep it till it falls apart. Next items to replace are exhaust manifold, timing chain, waterpump, and rear brake shoes. Not bad for an 8yr old truck with this many miles."

Tough little truck

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Manual Transmission, Comfortable seats"

Cons: "Short bed"

"Truck has been in the family since 2000 and it runs good. However the A.C. has not worked in a good 4 years and no mechanic/dealer in Tallahassee can figure out whats wrong with it."

fit & trim is great and very reliable

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not enogh interior space"

"I liked the power in the truck. I have replaced 2 gas tanks and I am on my thrid carrier bearing. I find this truck to be hard to work on."

Great little trucks

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I bought the truck new in '99. Now has 202,000 commercial miles. I do mobile auto detailing so the truck has 400 - 1200 pounds in the bed everyday / night. I've had the automatic tranny rebuilt once, one power steering pump, 1 alt, 1 t-stat and of coarse brakes etc etc . Though the suspension is worn out, this truck was not made for what I use it for. The 4 cyl engine is flawless and starts up right away every time. Also bought a new '04 f-150 and was used for detailing as well. Within 80,000 miles it went through 2 rear diffs, 1 tranny, 1 throttle body and the interior was falling apart. I sold the ford and bought a new frontier in '08. So far the '08 is flawless with 46,000 miles."

TERRIFIC VALUE

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I just purchased a 1999 Nissan Frontier pick up with 110,000 miles on it. The one, original owner took incredible care of it, considering it looks almost brand new. It drives more like a 1 year old truck, rather than a 9 year old one! With the 4 cylinder 2.4L and the 5 speed straight shift, I have been getting 23m.p.g. on regular gas! My truck came with brand new Goodrich T/A 31.5x9.0R15LT tires and she handles incredibly. ABS on all 4 wheels came standard. I only wish I had the bucket seats with the console rather than the bench. I have not tested the 4 wheel drive yet, but it is there if I need it. I would recommend this light pick up to anyone. It is on par with a Toyota Tacoma at 1/2 the price. Plus, it is made here in Tennessee by American workers!!"

Based on fact that I have been the only owner

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Cons: "It needs the windshield washer fluid pump replaced"

"This vehicle was purchase by me in 2001 (new) the maintenance has been outstanding and I feel that it is a very good utility vehicle,"

Drove it off the lot, best choice ever!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, cute, room to haul"

Cons: "backseat not great for adults, cramped"

"I bought this brand new off the lot and now 13-14 yrs later, I still own it and it has given me very few problems, other than routine maintenance like replacing the timing belt today but worth it! We love our truck and still looks good. Only draw back is my sons are now tall teens and they have a hard time squeezing in the back seat."

I love this truck!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "best beach truck, room for my dogs"

Cons: "small tank, poor gas milage"

"I have the 4D Supercharge crew cab extended bed version and have had it since I was eighteen (now I'm 27). While it gets awful gas milage with a small tank and turns like a boat, I still can't imagine having a different truck. When this one kicks the bucket (had it ten years next year!), which hopefully it won't for many more years to come, I'm definitly going to get another Frontier. I haven't had the same kind of luck with any other carbrand I've driven. I just wish there was a Nissan dealer near me but unfortunately, the closest one is over fifty miles away :("

Reliable, rugged and winterworthy.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Awesome power for its size, good handling in show."

Cons: "Seats uncomfortable in the XE class, go SE"

"I have owned Nissan's for over 25 years now and this is a good truck. I have generally kept vehicles until deer, black ice or snow have taken them out of commission, but this is the exception. Of all the Nissan's I have owned this one clearly is the LEAST comfortable. I bought it used so I am not sure if a very heavy person killed the seat before me, but the seat is bad. I owned a 1987 SEV6 until last year and that seat was just a shade less comfortable than this one! On the good side, it is a POWERFUL truck! Anyone that overlooks this pickup and does not haul extremely heavy loads regularly is wasting their money buying a larger truck. It has pulled through mud and snow in my woods, tows well and with the manual transmission, low gear is awesome pulling stumps!!!! A true eye opener. Gas mileage? Nissan has work to do. I would never buy this 4X4 truck and drive in a city, unless I won the Lottery."

2004 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"I have had this truck for 8 years now and I have never had it in the shop for a problem. Great truck for someone wanting a smaller pickup and bed space is not a huge factor."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive,"

Cons: "not feul economic"

"This is a good vehicle it drives great, is very comfortable, and is very reliable. The only problem is that it is not good on gas if you travel. I get on average about 16 mpg. I travel to and from school about 35 mile one way and gas is killing me. But if you want comfort and reliability, this could be the vehicle for you."

Great Truck! Goes anywhere, reliably everytime!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, off road capability, towing 5000 lbs."

Cons: "Back seat,"

Clean machine

"I have owned my Frontier for over 9 years and with regular maintenance and care it still runs as good as the day I purchased it. Current mileage is 217,000 without any engine or transmission work. Fuel economy still sits at new vehicle rating of EPA 14 Mpg city and 17 highway and it doesnt burn or leak a drop of oil. The only complaint would be the back seat isn't built for full size adults for long trips but my 3 small kids fit comfortably. It could use a shoulder belt for the middle rear seat. Fantastic ride. Far more comfortable than any Toyota I have owned or ridden in and just as capable off road or on."

Clean machine

Never stops

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Just a great little truck. No matter what I throw at it, it just keeps moving forward and access to parts is great."

reliable

By on Thursday, June 26, 2008

"i bought my truck used,it was 3 yrs old when i bought it. never had ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH IT in over 5 years. i'm getting ready to buy a smart car BUT will keep my pick/up until the wheels fall off of it.I LOVE MY TRUCK."

Excellent for the money

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"I bought this truck new in 2000. After looking at all compact trucks (Tacoma, S10, Ranger, Mazda, GMC).... The only truck as quick as this was the Tacoma, but the Tacoma was much more expensive. The Tacoma and Frontier have double the valves of the S10, Ranger etc, hence the Frontier and Tacoma make the other trucks seem sluggish and don't seem nearly as quick. The truck also came with a CD, bedliner and rims. For the price other trucks couldn't compete. The truck straight up is bad in wet highway conditions and snow, you have to keep good tires on it for those conditions. City mileage is terrible, but really good maintenance will give you 25 mpg on the highway. I changed the front brake pads and rotors recently and 1 bolt busted at the recommended 110 lb torque value. Bolts could be bigger here. Timing chain (vs. belt) and ladder frame are also great bonuses for the price. EASY TO WORK ON, LOTS OF SPACE IN ENGINE AREA."

Super Reliable

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"If your a guy and are going to buy a civic, don't do it! Get one of these. Great gas mileage, looks better, & plus its a truck. I have the base model, so it stinks not having cruise control, wiper delay, or power windows. Also, some of the elements and details are cheaply put together. Reliability and Value are great though, and it is very inexpensive to maintain. Great ride for the guy who wants to put his money into an IRA instead of car payments and gas tanks!"

Good lower end pickup

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This is a simple pickup. Not too comfortable but very reliable. ~25mpg"

I love the truck. Does what I need it to do.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks great. Drives well and tows a lot."

Cons: "Not great on gas. Cost of repair is high."

"The truck is great reliable and fun to drive. I've had two and gave the old one to my daughter for her first vehicle. She loves it. Good enough for her first truck."

122,000 Miles and counting!

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, takes my torture."

Cons: "Cramped for leg room in the back"

"I have had this truck for 5 years now. No major problems. I keep it serviced, and it still purrs like a kitten. I am going to drive this truck til the wheels fall off. It is durable as I haul wood, and my four wheeler. I have hauled a bass boat, and even a camper. It has been through whatever I have thrown at it and its just a 2WD. I love this truck. My dog even loves this truck. Great investment for all I do. : )"

Small enough for town, big enough to haul a load.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, confortable, easy to drive in town."

Cons: "Needs one more power point in front seat area"

"Love this truck! Bought it new and haven't had any problems with it. It has been extremely dependable and durable. Short rides in town to long trips across country, it has never failed to perform to any level needed. I have used to to pull my trailer on the interstate as well as in the mountains. For a small truck, it easily handled over a ton of payload with only a minimal drop in fuel mileage. I average between 21 and 22 MPG with the truck empty and 19 MPG with the truck and trailer both fully loaded. I love the space in the back seat and have comfortably had 5 people in it numerous times. I am very glad I bought it when Nissan was producing the Frontier Crew Cab with a 6' bed."

VERY DEPENDABLE!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, LOW COST MAINTENANCE"

Cons: "ABSOLUTELY NO CONS"

"213,000 MILES AND ONLY GENERAL MAINTENANCE REQUIRED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A WATER PUMP AND TIMING BELT AFTER 175,000 MILES!"

BOSS

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"this truck is great own it for a little over a year now and i have yet to experience any problems, and i have put a kicker sub and pioner front door speakers in and it sounds GREAT. The truck is very reliable"

Extremely tough, reliable truck

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Very little maintenance. Have done all the major services. Brakes wear out at about 44000. Extremely reliable. Wet weather handling is subpar. I'm very happy with this truck."

Loved this car and did its purpose

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reason: car was starting to require engine repairs

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Not very comfortable for adults in rear seats"

"I loved this car. The supercharge made it a fun, faster ride. I used this car well for porting all of my gardening tools, supplies, and plants, as well as all of my children's equipment and bicycles. Wish it would have lasted forever."

Would hate to give this truck up!

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks good!"

Cons: "I have nothing to offer for the cons on this truck"

"I purchased this truck from a friend in 2005 and have driven it many miles since then. I have never had to put any money into it except for normal maintenance which I am diligent about. This vehicle functions as a car when needed or as a truck to haul. I have oulled a loaded down trailer behind it from Montana to Louisiana and never had a problem! What a vehicle! I will buy another Nissan truck when I am ready to buy."