• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 152 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

old but good

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"these are good trucks. i have had no major problems. got it new in '02 it has 156k and still running strong. very under powered i hope someone makes a v8 swap kit, the titian engine would make this truck a keeper."

Great little trucks

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I bought the truck new in '99. Now has 202,000 commercial miles. I do mobile auto detailing so the truck has 400 - 1200 pounds in the bed everyday / night. I've had the automatic tranny rebuilt once, one power steering pump, 1 alt, 1 t-stat and of coarse brakes etc etc . Though the suspension is worn out, this truck was not made for what I use it for. The 4 cyl engine is flawless and starts up right away every time. Also bought a new '04 f-150 and was used for detailing as well. Within 80,000 miles it went through 2 rear diffs, 1 tranny, 1 throttle body and the interior was falling apart. I sold the ford and bought a new frontier in '08. So far the '08 is flawless with 46,000 miles."

TERRIFIC VALUE

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I just purchased a 1999 Nissan Frontier pick up with 110,000 miles on it. The one, original owner took incredible care of it, considering it looks almost brand new. It drives more like a 1 year old truck, rather than a 9 year old one! With the 4 cylinder 2.4L and the 5 speed straight shift, I have been getting 23m.p.g. on regular gas! My truck came with brand new Goodrich T/A 31.5x9.0R15LT tires and she handles incredibly. ABS on all 4 wheels came standard. I only wish I had the bucket seats with the console rather than the bench. I have not tested the 4 wheel drive yet, but it is there if I need it. I would recommend this light pick up to anyone. It is on par with a Toyota Tacoma at 1/2 the price. Plus, it is made here in Tennessee by American workers!!"

Based on fact that I have been the only owner

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Cons: "It needs the windshield washer fluid pump replaced"

"This vehicle was purchase by me in 2001 (new) the maintenance has been outstanding and I feel that it is a very good utility vehicle,"

Drove it off the lot, best choice ever!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, cute, room to haul"

Cons: "backseat not great for adults, cramped"

"I bought this brand new off the lot and now 13-14 yrs later, I still own it and it has given me very few problems, other than routine maintenance like replacing the timing belt today but worth it! We love our truck and still looks good. Only draw back is my sons are now tall teens and they have a hard time squeezing in the back seat."

I love this truck!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "best beach truck, room for my dogs"

Cons: "small tank, poor gas milage"

"I have the 4D Supercharge crew cab extended bed version and have had it since I was eighteen (now I'm 27). While it gets awful gas milage with a small tank and turns like a boat, I still can't imagine having a different truck. When this one kicks the bucket (had it ten years next year!), which hopefully it won't for many more years to come, I'm definitly going to get another Frontier. I haven't had the same kind of luck with any other carbrand I've driven. I just wish there was a Nissan dealer near me but unfortunately, the closest one is over fifty miles away :("

Reliable, rugged and winterworthy.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Awesome power for its size, good handling in show."

Cons: "Seats uncomfortable in the XE class, go SE"

"I have owned Nissan's for over 25 years now and this is a good truck. I have generally kept vehicles until deer, black ice or snow have taken them out of commission, but this is the exception. Of all the Nissan's I have owned this one clearly is the LEAST comfortable. I bought it used so I am not sure if a very heavy person killed the seat before me, but the seat is bad. I owned a 1987 SEV6 until last year and that seat was just a shade less comfortable than this one! On the good side, it is a POWERFUL truck! Anyone that overlooks this pickup and does not haul extremely heavy loads regularly is wasting their money buying a larger truck. It has pulled through mud and snow in my woods, tows well and with the manual transmission, low gear is awesome pulling stumps!!!! A true eye opener. Gas mileage? Nissan has work to do. I would never buy this 4X4 truck and drive in a city, unless I won the Lottery."

2004 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"I have had this truck for 8 years now and I have never had it in the shop for a problem. Great truck for someone wanting a smaller pickup and bed space is not a huge factor."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, fun to drive,"

Cons: "not feul economic"

"This is a good vehicle it drives great, is very comfortable, and is very reliable. The only problem is that it is not good on gas if you travel. I get on average about 16 mpg. I travel to and from school about 35 mile one way and gas is killing me. But if you want comfort and reliability, this could be the vehicle for you."

Great Truck! Goes anywhere, reliably everytime!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, off road capability, towing 5000 lbs."

Cons: "Back seat,"

Clean machine

"I have owned my Frontier for over 9 years and with regular maintenance and care it still runs as good as the day I purchased it. Current mileage is 217,000 without any engine or transmission work. Fuel economy still sits at new vehicle rating of EPA 14 Mpg city and 17 highway and it doesnt burn or leak a drop of oil. The only complaint would be the back seat isn't built for full size adults for long trips but my 3 small kids fit comfortably. It could use a shoulder belt for the middle rear seat. Fantastic ride. Far more comfortable than any Toyota I have owned or ridden in and just as capable off road or on."

Clean machine