2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 154 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

great value

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"I bought this 01' frontier new in oct 2000. I've put 145k miles on it and the only things I've chnaged have been regular maintenance items such as brake pads, oil/filter and air filter. I also did a tune up at 100k. This truck just doesn't die. I've beat it pretty good and haven't had a single problem with it. The exhaust manifold developed a small crack so I'll need to replace that, but for the amount of years/miles this truck has, that's minimal. I have a 2dr sport coupe but this is still my daily driver and averages about 25mpg. I plan to keep it till it falls apart. Next items to replace are exhaust manifold, timing chain, waterpump, and rear brake shoes. Not bad for an 8yr old truck with this many miles."

Tough little truck

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Manual Transmission, Comfortable seats"

Cons: "Short bed"

"Truck has been in the family since 2000 and it runs good. However the A.C. has not worked in a good 4 years and no mechanic/dealer in Tallahassee can figure out whats wrong with it."

fit & trim is great and very reliable

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not enogh interior space"

"I liked the power in the truck. I have replaced 2 gas tanks and I am on my thrid carrier bearing. I find this truck to be hard to work on."

Great little trucks

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I bought the truck new in '99. Now has 202,000 commercial miles. I do mobile auto detailing so the truck has 400 - 1200 pounds in the bed everyday / night. I've had the automatic tranny rebuilt once, one power steering pump, 1 alt, 1 t-stat and of coarse brakes etc etc . Though the suspension is worn out, this truck was not made for what I use it for. The 4 cyl engine is flawless and starts up right away every time. Also bought a new '04 f-150 and was used for detailing as well. Within 80,000 miles it went through 2 rear diffs, 1 tranny, 1 throttle body and the interior was falling apart. I sold the ford and bought a new frontier in '08. So far the '08 is flawless with 46,000 miles."

TERRIFIC VALUE

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I just purchased a 1999 Nissan Frontier pick up with 110,000 miles on it. The one, original owner took incredible care of it, considering it looks almost brand new. It drives more like a 1 year old truck, rather than a 9 year old one! With the 4 cylinder 2.4L and the 5 speed straight shift, I have been getting 23m.p.g. on regular gas! My truck came with brand new Goodrich T/A 31.5x9.0R15LT tires and she handles incredibly. ABS on all 4 wheels came standard. I only wish I had the bucket seats with the console rather than the bench. I have not tested the 4 wheel drive yet, but it is there if I need it. I would recommend this light pick up to anyone. It is on par with a Toyota Tacoma at 1/2 the price. Plus, it is made here in Tennessee by American workers!!"