2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 154 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

great truck

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "great power"

Cons: "no room in back seats"

"i bought this truck new in 02 its the most realible truck ive ever owned. great in the snow and ive never had any trouble out of it besides minor stuff"

First Nissan, Not Last

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Great reliable truck, had over 100000 miles when I bought it. Tough, still many miles left. Good work truck, great in the snow will most likely buy another"

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Quick response, fantastic handling!"

Cons: "Limited OEM tire replacement. High dollar tires!"

"When I bought this truck new in January of 2001, I thought it was a little pricy, but the styling had me sold. Leather throughout, supercharged V6, and this truck still runs as good as the day I bought it. It has 108000 miles on it and I have had to replace a window motor, and 2 batteries. Squirrels got into the main wire harness and caused some major problems earlier this year. Since the truck is over 10 years old, the wire harness was not easy to find and State Farm almost scrapped it. I finally found a place in Elgin Illinois that could make a wire harness from scratch to original specs. This truck has been a huge part of my life! I don't know if I am lucky or if Nissan is just that good. I sure like the way the new ones look. I will probably invest in a new one when I can bring myself to parting with my 2001 black beauty."

Great Small Truck

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, 4x4 great in snow"

Cons: "factory stereo was awful, had to replace"

"I bought one used off craigslist. My mechanic didn't find anything wrong, so I jumped on it and have been super impressed since. Driving is great, gas mileage is average, smooth ride."

they don`t make them like this anymore

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "great work truck, yet comfy enough for roadtrips"

Cons: "wish I had opted for the 4x4 model."

"this truck does everything from moving friends to carrying 4 mountan bikes and four men to the next trail. The gas mileage is/was one of best for a V6. I bought this truc for $20,000 brand new. I don;t think you can get a loaded crewcab from any auto maker for that price anymore, not even fo Nissan."

Reliable, dependable truck!

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "reliable, dependable, fun, mid-size truck"

Cons: "tow hitch not stock, cab size, turning radius"

"Aside from our family outgrowing this truck, it's been nothing but great. My wife bought it with 25000 miles on it, and about 135000 miles later we've had to get nothing fixed on it, save a knock sensor at about 130k and the A/C hoses at 150k. It has a 'cozy' interior, which is nice when it comes to heating/cooling the cab, but not so convenient when you add a little passenger in the back. It handles great in all terrains, though the turning radius could use some improvement. I will continue to use it for my work truck now, as I'm certain it'll go forever, and it's too good a vehicle to sell!"

Most reliable vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I have def gotten my money's worth with this vehicle, I have owned it for 6 years--bought it preowned at 19K miles and now it has 71K. It has been a great, reliable vehicle, needing only minor (regular maintenance) work. I am sorry to let it go now that I need a ''mommy van'' for our growing family... I owned a Ford Explorer before and I hated that it was heavy to drive (like a truck), while the Frontier drives smooth like a car, loved it."

Great pickup. Handles well, never had any problem

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "awesome vehicle."

Cons: "short box"

"I love my Nissan. It's only flaw is that I need a longer bed for hauling. It starts right up and runs perfectly. Handles well in horrible road conditions. Pulls a loaded trailer with minimul effort and is an all around great vehicle."

good reliable

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

"reliable good on gas"

300000 and still rocking

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"Had this 2000 crew cab for 10 years. Been nothing but great. Routine maintenance has kept this truck going. No mods. Will pull tree stumps but geared to low. Will do 3000 rpm at 70 mph in 5 th gear. So it spins a lil to much at highway speed. Besides that nothing but praise for this truck. Bratman"

Great Mid size Truck

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Very dependable, strong enough to do medium to heavy work. Excellent towing power, smooth riding. Overall awesome truck. The reason for Selling/Trading it in was that I loved the Titan alot and I could use more towing power."

She won't let you down

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Bought 2001 reg. cab new. I have 72,000 miles and have only had to change the battery. Great for around town. Would not want to drive cross country with it because the bench seat isn't the most comfortable."

Great Small Truck

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I bought this as used, with only 1200 miles on it in 1999. Many people are trying to buy this from me. I've put only 52,000 miles on this in the eleven years I've owned it. It is a second vehicle for us, but sure comes in handy from time to time. Primarly use this to go to golf course and picking up do it your self remodeling and garden/lawn supplies. Needless to say, truck is seldom driven in the winter. To me this truck is worth way more then any KBB value."

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"i have owned my truck for 9 years. i have only had to change the alternator. i now have 100,900 miles and it still runs good."

Good Choice

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"This truck is great. Just doesn't quit at anything. After replacing the shocks (previous owner hauled firewood 24/7) the ride was excellent. Only problem is with changing the oil, the filter is in an odd and hard to reach spot. Other than that its one of my best investments"

Great truck

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Excellent basic transportation. Exceptional reliability. Obviously you would never confuse this vehicle for a comfortable, high performance or high capacity vehicle. However, for utility and reliability it cannot be beat. Bought it new in 2000. Has needed nothing more than basic maintenance. Have been getting about 23mpg... great for a truck and better or competitive with many cars!"

Great Little Truck

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"I bought this Vehicle in 2000 new, and it has not given me any problems to date. It just turned 100,000 miles and running. Great little truck."

Bonnie Has Been the Best

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I have really enjoyed my little truck, and am reluctant to part with it - though the ~25mpg is not good enough anymore. The alternator mysteriously caught fire 2 years ago, and there has been a persistent water leak on the driver's side for the last 4 years. But overall for a truck that's pushing 90,000, it's going strong. My family has owned 8 Nissan pickups going back to the days of Datsun. and they are very reliable and utilitarian for the $$$. For a girl looking for a really cute truck to haul garden and horse supplies, it's the best!"

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I love this little truck. Very dependable and cheap to maintain. Good gas milage too."

Best Truck I ever owned!

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Quality, overall performance and reliability."

"I purchased this 2000 Frontier Crew Cab XE new in November 1999. With 98,000 miles plus on it now, it still drives like new. The 3.3 V6 engine performs just fine. With a 4:37:1 rear end ratio, and 170 HP engine, this truck may not be fast, but built to tow. Only problems have been the exhaust manifolds cracked(defective), which I replaced, and a small oil leak back by the rear main seal. Doesn't appear to be the main seal, but the back of the pan. Easy fix! Yes the back seat is a little cramped, but it a "Compact Truck." In 2005 they went to a mid sized truck. Love it and will own it forever! Pulls my 21' RV just fine."

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Fun to drive. Not a lot of room, but i am 6'2" and i hav eno problem fitting in it. No major problems and consumer reports says it is a good vehicle to buy used."

Gotta Love The 2000 Body Style

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Long Life, Good Looker, Crew/Shrt.Bed"

Cons: "Wind sound, CD player stopped"

This pic was taken spring 2011!

"Went to look for a car and drove off the lot with this Pick-Up. Loved it and still do. It has over 125,000 miles on it and has had the usual maintenance issues. Back seat isn't recommended for passengers on long trips due to lack of leg space. But is great if just around the city. Funny that it has the 'pass through window' in the back and it's a crew cab!?!! Interior is still like it was when we got it other than a tiny wear on carpet by drivers door. Our Truck has had much interest from people that are amazed it is a 2000. Love the body style of it and they changed it the next year. It is the only one with those particular fender styles. We have the roof rack and sun roof with the step up rail. Also purchased the bed extender, because it is a Crew Cab, Short Bed. We use the extender about 40% of time to do any hauling in there and always when driving with gate down. Keeps people from running up on you!! lol Love the way it folds over into the bed to close the gate or visa versa. Easy and handy. We did put a lock w/chain to prevent anyone from taking it though. With age comes issues I guess... The CD player has stopped working. Auto lock works, but no longer honks (that may be a positive!), wind sound is pretty annoying on the highway on a windy day. But all and all we love our Frontier! Got a lot of 'giddy up and go' and it has carried some loads in its day. If you can get your hands on one that isn't trashed or abused, grab it! BTW, I never recommend 100% for anything!"

This pic was taken spring 2011!

Best truck for the money

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Perfect small truck for in town and basic use."

Cons: "Lacks rear legroom in the 2000-2004 models"

"This is my 3rd Nissan truck since 1990 and the 1st car or truck I have put over 100K miles on. Still runs like new, looks like new, and some people think it is new. Great driving truck, rides car like, and handles smoothly. The 2001-2004 model has retained it looks over the years. Do basic maintenace and truck will last into 200K miles. I convinced by brother-in-law to purchase a 2001 Crew cab and they had 140K on it before they sold theirs. Quality is there and these trucks were made by Americans in TN."

Solid Daily Driver

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "reliabilty and compactness, well put together"

Cons: "MPG/HP"

"I bought this trk in 2006 and while I wish it had better MPG and HP it is a rock solid vehicle. Other than reg maintenance and add ons, I haven't had to put anymore $ into this vehicle. MPG is at an all time low (14-15) and my best has been 17 all highway. The paint is still great for an outdoors trk that gets washed every 3-5 months (silver is the best color to have!). The interior is in great shape also and still looks new although there really is no room in the back for anyone. All in all a great little truck."

Not state-of-the-art, but it will make 200,000

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable enough to get 200,000 miles."

Cons: "Two major mechanical issues."

"The Frontier was not top of the line when I bought it, but it will make and exceed the 200,000 mile mark. I encountered two major problems. First, the cruise control failed in the fourth year of ownership. Never fixed it because the dealer wanted $800.00 for the repair. Second, I had two oil leaks. Major pain to get it fixed both times. Newer Frontiers are more refined. I will look at the Frontier for my next truck, but other brands will be on my list. By the way, I had a 1989 Nissan Hard Body pickup that got over 200,000 miles."