2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 154 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

great value

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"I bought this 01' frontier new in oct 2000. I've put 145k miles on it and the only things I've chnaged have been regular maintenance items such as brake pads, oil/filter and air filter. I also did a tune up at 100k. This truck just doesn't die. I've beat it pretty good and haven't had a single problem with it. The exhaust manifold developed a small crack so I'll need to replace that, but for the amount of years/miles this truck has, that's minimal. I have a 2dr sport coupe but this is still my daily driver and averages about 25mpg. I plan to keep it till it falls apart. Next items to replace are exhaust manifold, timing chain, waterpump, and rear brake shoes. Not bad for an 8yr old truck with this many miles."

Tough little truck

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Manual Transmission, Comfortable seats"

Cons: "Short bed"

"Truck has been in the family since 2000 and it runs good. However the A.C. has not worked in a good 4 years and no mechanic/dealer in Tallahassee can figure out whats wrong with it."

fit & trim is great and very reliable

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not enogh interior space"

"I liked the power in the truck. I have replaced 2 gas tanks and I am on my thrid carrier bearing. I find this truck to be hard to work on."

Great little trucks

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I bought the truck new in '99. Now has 202,000 commercial miles. I do mobile auto detailing so the truck has 400 - 1200 pounds in the bed everyday / night. I've had the automatic tranny rebuilt once, one power steering pump, 1 alt, 1 t-stat and of coarse brakes etc etc . Though the suspension is worn out, this truck was not made for what I use it for. The 4 cyl engine is flawless and starts up right away every time. Also bought a new '04 f-150 and was used for detailing as well. Within 80,000 miles it went through 2 rear diffs, 1 tranny, 1 throttle body and the interior was falling apart. I sold the ford and bought a new frontier in '08. So far the '08 is flawless with 46,000 miles."

TERRIFIC VALUE

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I just purchased a 1999 Nissan Frontier pick up with 110,000 miles on it. The one, original owner took incredible care of it, considering it looks almost brand new. It drives more like a 1 year old truck, rather than a 9 year old one! With the 4 cylinder 2.4L and the 5 speed straight shift, I have been getting 23m.p.g. on regular gas! My truck came with brand new Goodrich T/A 31.5x9.0R15LT tires and she handles incredibly. ABS on all 4 wheels came standard. I only wish I had the bucket seats with the console rather than the bench. I have not tested the 4 wheel drive yet, but it is there if I need it. I would recommend this light pick up to anyone. It is on par with a Toyota Tacoma at 1/2 the price. Plus, it is made here in Tennessee by American workers!!"

Based on fact that I have been the only owner

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Cons: "It needs the windshield washer fluid pump replaced"

"This vehicle was purchase by me in 2001 (new) the maintenance has been outstanding and I feel that it is a very good utility vehicle,"

Drove it off the lot, best choice ever!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, cute, room to haul"

Cons: "backseat not great for adults, cramped"

"I bought this brand new off the lot and now 13-14 yrs later, I still own it and it has given me very few problems, other than routine maintenance like replacing the timing belt today but worth it! We love our truck and still looks good. Only draw back is my sons are now tall teens and they have a hard time squeezing in the back seat."

I love this truck!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "best beach truck, room for my dogs"

Cons: "small tank, poor gas milage"

"I have the 4D Supercharge crew cab extended bed version and have had it since I was eighteen (now I'm 27). While it gets awful gas milage with a small tank and turns like a boat, I still can't imagine having a different truck. When this one kicks the bucket (had it ten years next year!), which hopefully it won't for many more years to come, I'm definitly going to get another Frontier. I haven't had the same kind of luck with any other carbrand I've driven. I just wish there was a Nissan dealer near me but unfortunately, the closest one is over fifty miles away :("

Reliable, rugged and winterworthy.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Awesome power for its size, good handling in show."

Cons: "Seats uncomfortable in the XE class, go SE"

"I have owned Nissan's for over 25 years now and this is a good truck. I have generally kept vehicles until deer, black ice or snow have taken them out of commission, but this is the exception. Of all the Nissan's I have owned this one clearly is the LEAST comfortable. I bought it used so I am not sure if a very heavy person killed the seat before me, but the seat is bad. I owned a 1987 SEV6 until last year and that seat was just a shade less comfortable than this one! On the good side, it is a POWERFUL truck! Anyone that overlooks this pickup and does not haul extremely heavy loads regularly is wasting their money buying a larger truck. It has pulled through mud and snow in my woods, tows well and with the manual transmission, low gear is awesome pulling stumps!!!! A true eye opener. Gas mileage? Nissan has work to do. I would never buy this 4X4 truck and drive in a city, unless I won the Lottery."

2004 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"I have had this truck for 8 years now and I have never had it in the shop for a problem. Great truck for someone wanting a smaller pickup and bed space is not a huge factor."