2014 Nissan cube Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,438 - $16,825.

10/7.1

9.3

Based on 96 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great funky little car!

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "roomy interior, good gas mileage, easy handling"

Cons: "could have a little more get up and go power"

"I love my Cube! I think I will get a newer one too when I am ready to get a new car. It handles great, gas is great, interior is bigger than it looks on the outside...really I have no complaints at all. I get looks everywhere I go cus it is so funky. Love it!"

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cute inside, cup holders, comfy seat"

Cons: "ugly"

"I actually really love this vehicle. I purchased it after I totaled by Kia Soul 2011. My favorite feature of the entire car is the extra cup holder that is on the left side of the steering wheel. I know that sounds ridiculous, to have that feature be my favorite, but really it is great! Its such a nice option as well as many of the cup holders in the car. I love the futuristic look inside the car. I have an automatic and its not exactly a powerful car but I get actually great milage. I live in Seattle, so it is perfect for hills and stop and go traffic. The seats are great and feel like sofa cushion. I also love that the back seat can tilt back if you need! I have fit so much in my Cube! If you think this car looks small from the outside just wait and see how big it is inside. I've stuffed my car full of fencing materials from Home Depot, large boxes, a mattress, dog crates, everything-you name it! Personally, I think this car is almost as ugly as a PT Crusier, but its so ugly its cute! I get stopped by people all the time, wanting to know what it looks like inside and etc. A lot of the things I like about it are the asthetics, but I think that is because the car fits my mileage and driving needs! I would def tell people to take a second look at the car!"

you learn to ignore the naysayers!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Cons: "I do miss the sunglass holder.."

"I love my cube. I am not in the 'profile' that this car was aimed at. I would actually have preferred a small wagon- a Sentra sized wagon would have been perfect for me. The size will fool you- you cant believe what fits in it. I have 3 big dogs who fit w/ crates. I travel 4 times a year, 2 hours away, to purchase the dogs raw food. It all fits with room to spare in the cube, at 30+ mpg..I used to take a pickup because I couldn't fit it all in my Sentra, and used twice the gas"

Fun car that attracts attention

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun car, Head turner, reliable, great sound system"

Cons: "strange air pressure when rear windows are down"

"I bought my Cube brand new and paid way less then I would have for another vehicle with the same options. The car has headroom to spare! Lots of get up and go for such a fuel efficient engine. Seats are large in the front captains chairs and I easily fit 3 across the back seat! Love the back up camera and bluetooth hands-free phone feature, as well as the great Rockford Fosgate sound system that came installed when I bought it. Lets me plug in my iphone or ipad straight into the dash and pulls my playlist into the stereo so I can use controls on my steering wheel to change songs, as well as having a aux jack for any other device! Have had the vehicle over 2 1/2 years and have never had to do anything except the standard maintenance. Great in snow, never gotten stuck! Huge wrap around windows make for next to no blind spots and just look cool! Love the accents on the interior roof and in all the cup holders as well as the speaker covers! Only beef is that when the rear windows are open at speeds above 30mph, the car makes a noise, which I think is caused by the ripple effect on the ceiling, that hurts the drivers ears...but no other passengers are effected by it...weird. Otherwise great car for a great price!!"

Not sure why Nissan doesn't advertise this car

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"This thing is awesome! It's the roomiest compact out there. Among it's closest related cars, the Kia and the Scion, it is the slowest and most fuel efficient. I was concerned whether it could travel at high speeds but I've had it over 90 without a problem. I get about 30mpg all the time whether I'm on the highway or in the city (it's not exactly aero-dynamic). It's loaded with options and very easy to drive. My kids can stand up in the back seat while they get in but if I want more trunk space I can slide the rear seat forward an entire foot leaving them legroom like any compact but a huge cargo area. It did very well on ice when I traveled. The seat jacks way up giving very good visibility. I drove it 25 miles on a pretty rough dirt road through the mountains and it performed well. I can fit a bicycle inside it with the seats laid down."

awesome

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

"first it is so comfortable to drive, because of the styling visibility is fantastic, very roomy I am claustrophobic and do no feel closed in at all . gas mileage is wonderful , color is beautiful wish they had continued the caribbean blue in their newer models just love this car! you can carry almost anything because of the fold down seats and cargo space air conditioned works great and the service Nissan gives you is wonderful ."

Great vehicle to get around town with and roomy!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, great mileage, great price!"

Cons: "low ride and limited gear choices in snow."

"Enjoyed almost everything about this vehicle. Only downside is winter snow. The low ride and limited gear choices make winter snow difficult. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoy driving this vehicle. Great leg room all over, ability to lower back seats and carry cargo for trips with 3 or less, great turning ratio, great control on hills, easy entry into and exit from vehicle for everyone especially bigger folks, Consistent Gas mileage city or highway, many fun features available for car, and it is a highly rated for safety due to the numerous air bags."

FUN, FUN, FUN

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great price and so much fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had two armrests in the front"

"Own 2009 Nissan Krom Cube and I honestly love it. This is the perfect run for my dog and I. Have taken out of state numerous times with no troubles, great mileage, in and out of traffic quickly. Ms Daisy has a doggie booster seat which fits perfectly, her stroller stores perfectly. Love the sunvisors because I am short and the visors do keep the sun out of my eyes and Ms Daisy's. Love this vehicle it is perfect for me and my needs. My husband likes it too, although he will not admit it but he got it for Ms Daisy and I are VERY pleased. Odd looking yes, comfortable yes...perfect...PERFECT.. for my needs."

Fun to Drive. Excellent passanger comfort.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Maneuverabilty, fuel mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Visors, plastic interior"

"People think this car is ugly or funny looking but we can tell you the comfort and space inside makes up for the looks. What I call creature comforts are all around. Large windows, multiple cup holders, easy to see and use knobs and shifter. Driving it is fun. Handles like any car of its size. Because your sitting up higher than most economy cars you can see all around. Elderly family members really like this car because of the higher than average seating, and large doors make it easier to get in and especially out of. A couple negatives are the interior plastic, that a lot of cars made now have, mars/scratches easily and has texture that make it hard to clean. Also the sun visors are overly large and should be longer or at least have a slide out to extend the length when needed. The small size and sharp turning makes maneuvering in and around parking lots easier than average cars. The sliding back seat helps when needing that extra cargo space. Overall this is a great commuter/transportation vehicle at a very reasonable cost for any family. 34 mpg average mileage saves a lot of money."

Great little car but feels like a Golf cart:(

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Simple design lots of room super cute!"

Cons: "The ride is too bouncy and feels boungie"

"I knew when I bought it that it was just like a golf cart but after two years I think I'm done. It is fun and getting people in and out is super convenient. The seats are very very comfy and soft but so is the suspension and that can get old. Kind of boungie if that's a word. One other thing is the tires a very expensive for the Krom and if you get cheap ones you will regret it!!! The car feels like its going to die and the gas mileage is very very bad with the Fuzion tire. Not the cars fault I know but............."

A great car

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, practical, comfortable, efficient."

Cons: "Big honkin' rear door, easy to dent/ding."

"I've been very happy with my 2009 Cube S that I bought new in early 2010. I've put over 50,000 miles on it. It's completely reliable. Any discussion of the Cube needs to keep the price of this vehicle in mind. I bought mine new for right around $14,000. A comparable equipped Honda Fit (in 2010) was right around $17,000. The quality of the car is very good. Yes, the body is made of a very thin metal skin and dents/dings/chips easily, but what do you expect at this price point? The car is great around town (Wash. DC) and works almost as well on the highway. It can get a bit noisy, but only when you push it over 70-80 mph, depending on the wind strength and direction. Tire noise was a problem until I replaced the tires and then it totally went away. So tires can make a big difference in ride noise/comfort. I think the car handles great. It's softly sprung so you will get some body lean, but for those willing to push the handling you will find it handles very well. It's also super comfortable. Tons of interior room. I don't like the big door in the back. I'd rather have a hatch, but that's just me. The wind can catch that door and slam it on you if you aren't paying attention. Ow. I've had my Cube over three years and I've definitely got the 'new car itch'. But I can't seem to find ANYTHING that I'm willing to swap my very affordable Cube for. I would DEFINITELY recommend this car to anyone. If you are hung up on status, then the Cube isn't for you. But if you want a fun, comfortable, useful, efficient, affordable car....I don't think you can beat the Cube. It's also a great car for a new driver. Great visibility, huge mirrors, and it's small and easy to park."

Fun and Unique

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Unique, Good Gas Mileage, Roomy, and cheap"

Cons: "No Horsepower and in Windy Cond. it is bad"

"I have driven my Cube for about 4 years. It has been reliable and fun. It is roomy and comfortable. It has many options and great room for storage. If you have a larger family you may need more storage space, but I love that I have been able to haul many things a car could not. The only room for improvement would be horsepower, tire size (new ones are spendy) and in windy conditions it isn't aero dynamic. I have all in all enjoyed my cube and would recommend it to others! Happy Driving!"

ATTENTION GETTER CLOWN CAR

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy interior, conversation starter"

Cons: "low to ground, cross winds, gas fill location."

"I call it my clown car because it reminds me of the circus clown cars. I rarely go anywhere that someone does not ask me how I like it, or make some comment about it. How do I like it? I love it! I have hip issues and this car is perfect for me; not too high and not too low. Everyone is amazed at how much room it has inside. My sister owns a PT cruiser and her husband's head brushes the roof when he drives it, but he had left over head space in my cube. Turn radius great, comfy to drive, does not feel like a small car; have taken it on many long trips. Plenty of passing power. Plenty of storage room, seats lay down, very happy with it. After test driving 2 Kia Souls, which was the car I thought I wanted, I drove the cube and fell in love. Cube owners are fun folks; we wave at each other when we see another cube. What I do not like: Gas fill on passenger side means my painful hip has to go further to fill, the gas cap release button is really low and hard for me to reach without opening my door, a heavy person would find getting in or out of the back seats a little more challenging than the front; a little higher and not as much open door space but plenty of leg room. Strong cross winds do affect it and it sits low. I have hit the bottom of the car going over a speed bump and once straddling a chunk of tire on the highway, which my Ford Ranger would have gone over with no problem. That round shag carpet thingy on the dash, ugly, but it is removable. I just got used to it and it does hold things you might want to lay there. If you are looking for a small economical car that can save you gas money running around town but is comfortable enough for the long trips, test drive a cube before you buy."

NOW OVER 40000 MILES STILL OK

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "MANY"

Cons: "0"

"The wifes 2009 krom still looks and runs good but maybe time to trade, so I ask if we could trade it in for a new car for her, she said ok until she found out no more nissan cube krom in 2014 .Then she told me no you trade in your honda on a new car,**** I like my car **** YES DEAR"

excellent car for the money

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "every single thing about it."

Cons: "rear drum brakes not as good as discs"

"Our cube is the most comfortable vehicle we've driven in many years, and we both have worked at several dealerships in the past. It's cute, quiet, has enough power, great visibility, incredible sound system, a/c that will freeze you. Both of us are good sized and we have plenty of room, there's enough room in the passenger seats for adults, and the rear storage holds all the groceries and beer we can buy. We have consistently gotten right at 35 mpg. This may be the car we keep for a long time instead of selling and buying something else every year."

best

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage,"

Cons: "love the cup holder on the drivers side"

"no complaints whatsoever on this little suv. headroom is spectacular along with nice seating and oh such great gas mileage. have had it on long trips and short trips. no complaints. nice little ride. everybody tells me its so ugly it is cute. 63000 miles on it and haven't turned a screw. just lube and oil and new tires awhile ago."

Phenomenal Car!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, fun, practical, economical"

Cons: "Wind noise and effect on car."

"I have owned a 2010 cube Krom edition for the past 3 years, and absolutely love it! The car is everything that anyone could ever want - economical, functional, roomy, filled with tech, quirky, fun, different, and practical. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and don't plan on getting rid of mine anytime soon."

To many issues

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"We bought this car used with 94,000 miles on it. We have had it a month and are already trading it back in! In one months time we are replacing the transmission, fixing the worn out axel... and several other issues! As far as the actual comfort of the car goes, its great! but the reliability of this vehicle is incredibly poor!"

Happy with Cube, a real work horse

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, good mileage."

Cons: "Side wind and noise on highway."

With gun metal factory alloys, not yet lowered. FUN TO DRIVE!!

"I bought my 2010 Cube used at my local dealer with 42,000 miles 7months ago. I had a Chrysler PT Cruiser for over 6 years. PT broke and didn't want to sink another dollar in it. I've been looking at the Cube since I seen the first vehicles were coming here In 2009. First month here, I test drove one and fell in love with it. Well the PT was still alive and maybe someday. July 2012 was my time too look. Wanted a SL but settled for the S. The S was well equipped as I wanted the Bluetooth and radio controls on the steering wheel. I use my vehicles for work, I throw papers and soon after began a new job as a courier driving many miles a day. Gas mileage is good for this vehicle. I'm used to 16-18mpg now I'm averaging 28-31mpg. I've put 30,000 miles on my cube in 6 months! With the only thing to buy was oil changes and tires. I had a 60k service done at the dealer and everything still good. With many reasons why i wanted this Cube some was no timing belt, 100% japan made (had a 1984 Nissan p/u),style and many more. Wind is a little problem with the high profile, i lowered my Cube and is less twitchy in winds now. I've now done other things to personalize my cube with cold air intake, chipped, gun metal factory alloys, and tow hitch. LOVE IT!! Highly recommend anyone looking for a vehicle look at this Cube."

With gun metal factory alloys, not yet lowered. FUN TO DRIVE!!

The best car on the road after some improvements.

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun, secure, big inside, comfortable, peppy"

Cons: "Side wind movement and windnoise at highway speeds"

For an oil change at the nissan service center

"I financed my 2009 Nissan Cube KROM almost 4 years ago (23000 miles). At the beginning I did not like the car, I check the S model an don't like it a week later I find the KROM model fully loaded an with all that personality in a little package. After I test drive the car I could not stop thinking about it. It had to be mine, so I changed my 2005 Sentra for the 2009 Cube Krom. I like to play underdog and with this car is all that way; it looks small but is big, it looks weird (ugly for some) but you feel cool on it, it appears under power but helped by the CVT, a K&N ColdAir Intake and stillen exhaust(installed myself) I can go from 0 to 60 in 7.5 to 8 sec surprising all the other drivers around (all of them with bigger and "faster" cars than mine). Also did I tell you, have free tires for life thanks to my car dealer. There is more, I can carry many kind of things, almost like a big SUV or a minivan; things like ottomans, chairs, tables, 47 inches TVs, steel shelf systems, 3 dozens of balloons, 4 full supermarket carts, etc. So many stories... Besides that I add a new baby to our family, so now we have a 4 year old child and a 8 months baby, the cat, my wife and my self. And we are comfortable. Perfect for the city and not bad for the Highway. I also add PIAA Fog Lights, Kenwood Navigation System, Rear view Camera and a set of Headrest DVD Monitors(this car is almost like a $50000.00 SUV). There is only one thing left to add, heated side view mirrors and this car will be the only car in my life. I want to pass this car to my son or drive it as long as I can, still have many years because I'm only 34 years old. Ther is a problem now, my wife is treating my that she is going to get her driving permit and she want to drive it. We may going to need to buy another Cube because this one is my and it has my name on it. I love this car, is a reflection, and extension of my self. If you give it a chance as I did you will not regret it."

For an oil change at the nissan service center

Best Car I have ever owned, drives smooth

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "great milage, head room, leg room"

My Cool Tropical Cube

"I have owned over 20 cars in my lifetime and this car the CUBE is the best car I have ever owned. It's reliable, fun to drive, comfortable on long road trips. It has more than enough leg room and head room, I am 6 foot tall and have plenty of room. It's simple and easy to reach controls, cool design inside and outside. Has plenty of space to carry things for camping, travel or a trip to the market. It looks low but so easy to get in and out of unlike many cars thee days. Gets great milage in town and on the highway. Trouble free maintenance. I never had one major issue with this car from day one."

My Cool Tropical Cube

09 krom

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "lots off room I am 6ft 250 lbs ,Wife has bad back"

Cons: "Some time cross winds ."

"Owned this car 3 yes. We love it, got the cube as a second car for the wife but afer me useing it and with the price of gas-- I THINK OUR HONDA ODY IS NOW SECOND CAR ."

Wife wanted it - its a yes dear car !

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "GREAT SMALL CAR LOVE THE CVT TRANS. EASY TO PARK"

Cons: "CROSS WINDS ."

"Found it used in 5/25/10 [1400 miles, yes 1400 miles] wife loved it, she has bad back she can get in & out easy and drives great, I bought it then for her, now she owns it and I get to use my honda ody again but after me driving her cube I love also, roomy, comfortable and it gets good gas mileage,we use it a lot . [34202 miles -- 9/17/12 -- no trouble]"

Unusually Deceiving...

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Low, Low Price, Well Built, Fun To Drive..."

Cons: "Could Use More Horsepower..."

"2009 Cube, Bought New... Just be aware this review is coming from an old guy who's owned many vehicles and this one reminds me so much like my new 1965 VW, my first new auto. First off it's rather unusual in looks, some would say ugly, but it is extremely functional and reliable. When I bought the vehicle I wasn't really impressed, all I was looking for was an inexpensive new car since I rode my motorcycle almost every day anyway; I just needed something with a roof for those rainy days. I looked at the Kia Soul and the salespeople were useless, so I checked out the Cube; told the salesperson what I wanted to put down and what I wanted for a monthly payment. He met all my demands except he did not have a stick shift in stock, found one and the rest is history. What are you getting in the Cube? A very different looking vehicle which is reliable, comfortable, roomy, pretty good on gas and fun to drive if you get a stick shift. I've already taken quite a few long road trips and it easily handles all my needs and it's also very comfortable over the long haul. Bottom Line, this puppy is definitely worth more than the price you pay. I suspect, in a few years, this car will have a reputation much like the old VW Bugs, it's just that kind of vehicle. I live out in the boonies, so this auto is driven very hard on very rough roads and any other cage would have rattles like crazy, but this guy is solid, very solid and well built too. Sure, The Cube doesn't handle like 1960 Porsche and can't go off road like my old '78 Range Rover, but it performs extremely well and I'm sure it will last many, many years, probably much longer than myself..."

Good Car, Cute Too!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "price, cuteness, mpg, bluetooth, mp3/ipod"

Cons: "road noise, no rear vents, no armrest on passenger"

"I love my 2011 Nissan Cube S. I got it from the dealership that I work at. I could've chosen any car, and chose the Cube. It seats my 2 kids great, although we will see in about 6 months how it seats 3! We get excellent gas mileage, and it is extremely comfortable. The only thing that I wish it had was a armrest on the passenger seat, and I wish it had vents in the back for the kids, because sometimes I freeze to cool them off. I can plug in an iPod, or auxillary cord for other mp3 players. I love the ripple look on the roof, that also corresponds to the rippled cupholders and speakers! Also sufficient space in the back and the back door opens like the side doors. ENDLESS CUPHOLDERS! Just an overall awesome car."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next