2010 Nissan cube

9.3

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

I needed 2nd car

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"Have 07 honda ody ,my 1999 caravan needed replaced great van. but wife said your not getting my honda! you need a car so after test driving about 5 cars [that she with her bad back had rough time getting in and out ] I went to look at cube told her you see if you can get in and out of and you take for test ride ,when we can back she said you can have the honda I want this.[we are both retired, grands kids love it so do we and our 2 dogs]it looks like our ody had a baby same color , good buy!"

Eye catching

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "MPG, Peppy, Eye catching"

Cons: "Would like more trunk room"

"This is a car that someone looking for a different look would love. It is deceiving to look at because it seems small on the outside, but very roomy inside!! I get 32mpg average, driving from work and back 20 miles a day at approx. 50 miles per hour. The only thing I would have liked more was a larger trunk area, I have a family of 4 with two car seats and the trunk is stuffed full on vacation trips. This vehicle would not work with a family of 5. I compared the Cube to the Kia Soul, another similar vehicle but the Soul has a smaller interior and there were added (standard) features that added to the cost that I did not want or need. I have people asking me about the Cube all the time, very eye catching! When you need the boost to get up and go quickly it has plenty of power!"

Great car for commuting

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, great on gas, comfortable."

Cons: "Not enough trunk space."

"I have had this car for about 2 years and it is great! Great on gas, very reliable. I purchased this car brand new and the price was really not that bad for what you are getting. It drives great - I drive a lot and this was a very comfortable car. The inside is spacious and there is plenty of head room. The only complaint i have is there is not enough trunk space. The trunk is pretty small especially if you have small children and need room to store strollers."

Pretty great!

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, you'll get looks!"

"My experience with this vehicle is amazing. The gas mileage is more than great. I love having cruise control and also power windows and locks. It's a great vehicle to have if you are looking at one! It may look small on the outside, but there is TONS of room on the inside, not to mention the really elegant and awesome "water drop" design of the ceiling, and speakers. The display inside makes it easy to see, day or night. I recommend this car to anyone. you'll love it. it's great for everything."

I needed 2nd car

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "all good"

Cons: "krom tire size"

"Now have 20000 miles on our 2009 cube krom still good car ,this past winter put on 4 winter tires"

Absolutely Love it

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"My wife and I just bought the Cube. Did a lot of research and was looking for a small economical, yet roomy car. We both tend to like unique looking cars and this is certainly unique. What really sold us is how roomy and confortable it is inside. Fantastic visabilty and an impressive list of features for the price. There was one consistent complaint in all reviews on the car and that was the wind noise above 45 MPH. this is true, but certainly not annoying. We are really pleased!"

Great Quality for the value

By on Thursday, February 3, 2011

"I purchased this car to use as a driver training vehicle for teens. the vehicle gets great mileage and is a joy to drive. I'm usually in the car for 2 hours at a time and the seats are always comfortable and durable. The teens love driving it and find it easy to drive. There are no blind spots. Good vehicle to buy for a teen's first car."

By on Saturday, October 9, 2010

"This car is a great value.It is small on the outside and I can park it anyplace yet on the inside it is huge.One of my friends had the best comment he said when he rides in it he feels like a little kid.Ive had it a year now and I still get looks everywhere I go."

great gas millage

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"good head room. great gas millage i got 32.7 in town love the design.looks weird to friends until they get in it."

Cute and Japanese

By on Friday, August 7, 2009

"Just got this car through C4C and it was a perfect buy! The outside styling is very unique and quirky but serves a functional purpose. The added visibility is a big benefit for city driving. I am a young adult and it serves all my needs for cargo and passenger space. The cargo could actually be bigger but since there is no loss in passenger comfort so I can let it slide. Driving around town is where the cube shines. Plenty of people curious about it's unique styling makes for a great conversation starter. It is peppy enough to satisfy passing and stop and go traffic. The CVT shines through rigorous traffic always getting optimal MPG. The styling may be ahead of its time but once inside you forget what you are driving and the standard features definitely outweigh any issues you might have."

Still impressed after 2 yrs.

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, economical"

Cons: "bluetooth can be bothersome, cheap wheel covers"

"Let's start with negatives. 1. The wheel covers are VERY cheaply made and have been replaced due to breaking when tires were rotated. 2. A mute button on the steering wheel would be nice. 3. Due to the unique design it attracts stone chips on the front of the vehicle. 4. Nissan dealers never stop trying to oversell, can't stand going there. Thats it. The car has been very reliable, Im 6'4" and 215lbs and have more then enough room, I've been on two trips around the country in "cubert" averaged 34.7 mpg. in everything from West coast traffic to Colorado mountains. I am tired of people with no knowledge of the vehicle, driving there big useless sedans telling me how ugly it is. I tell them it's the future and they drive the past."

Drive the cube & you will buy the cube

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I was first attracted to the cube because Nissan went outside the box and designed the car with the unique asymetrical lines. I am so tired of all the cars looking the same. I was impressed with the way it drives considering its MSRP was only $16640. Fantastic little scoot for in town driving! I am averaging 27.5 mpg doing 100% in town, stop and go driving. This is the first new car I have owned that actually gets within 1 mile of epa rating. I have had MANY other new cars ranging from suv to luxury sedan and ALL other cars were 5 mpg or more less than epa rated when doing 100% in town, stop and go driving. I did take one 200 mile road trip on 2 lane mountain highway and my mpg was 37.9. I love the fact that the engine's camshafts are CHAIN driven, not TIMING BELT driven. And this Nissan is made in Japan! I purchased a Bitter Chocolate 1.8s and will enjoy this cube for years to come!"

Worth Every Penny .....

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Have had my Cube SL for over a year, 18,000 miles, first set of tires gone at 17,000 miles, found out the original tires are a very soft compound and they need more attention then the owners manual states. Had a hard time finding the original tire size. All recalls have been handled promptly. The car is getting between 28 - 30 MPG, CVT driveline, depends on if the A/C is running. Love the touch button start system along with the Fossgate sound system with blue tooth, ipod and XM Satelite is sweet. The car is huge on the inside, I have had 6' tall people get in the car with a cowboy hat on and never bump the ceiling. This car stops on a dime and gives you 6 cents of change! It corners like it is on rails and the 1.8L - 4 cylinder engine will suprise you with above average power. Looks like someone did a nice job of figuring the horsepower to weight ratio half way descent. Auto headlight sytstem works great and it has all the power options of a big car including keyless entry. Inside carpet is not good quality, rear door light is worthless, the rest of the interior is very nice and well lit. Front of car is almost flat so rock chips are showing on the paint and windsheild. My wife loves this car due to the fact that it is so easy to get in and out of the seats as the Cube has a very low door threshold that you won't have to drag your leg up & over and when you turn to get out of the car you don't have to slide down to the street, it's like getting out of a comfortable chair. Bottom line is the Cube is fun to drive, it's economical and it is a roomy car that has enough going for it that I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Let's see how the re-sale value holds up."

I love the cube

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"I love the inside and how the cube drives, I love that its small and compact. I do not care for the outside design. I just feel silly sometimes when people stair. But when I am driving it I don't feel like I am in a small compact car. The "party lights" are fun, everyone loves them and the amount of cup holders is the best ever idea. My favorite cup holder is the one on the left side of the driver side dash. I can't live without that cup holder. The bungee straps for door I don't care for, I never used them. And the carpet thing for dash is silly. It reminds me of the flower holder for the bug, so I removed mine the day I got it. Oh and that trunk fits more that you think, a double stroller plus groceries. But don't try to fit three car seats in the backseat, just a few inches short. Over all great car."

Best All-around vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I have owned only a few Nissans, since they all ran well into 1/4 million miles, I knew I would only really consider a Nissan for a brand new car. The Cube is the best of eveything I need: a good value, good fuel economy, plenty of room for familly or hauling my stuff, comfortable enough (those used to full size cars will think the ride is stiff / harsh). It drives / handles very well with enough power through the speed manual. The fact that it's stylish / eye catching is just a bonus!...The first day driving it, at the grocery stroe parking lot, I found someone standing next to it looking it all over!!!...I expect to keep this car indefinately!!!"

A great car

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, practical, comfortable, efficient."

Cons: "Big honkin' rear door, easy to dent/ding."

"I've been very happy with my 2009 Cube S that I bought new in early 2010. I've put over 50,000 miles on it. It's completely reliable. Any discussion of the Cube needs to keep the price of this vehicle in mind. I bought mine new for right around $14,000. A comparable equipped Honda Fit (in 2010) was right around $17,000. The quality of the car is very good. Yes, the body is made of a very thin metal skin and dents/dings/chips easily, but what do you expect at this price point? The car is great around town (Wash. DC) and works almost as well on the highway. It can get a bit noisy, but only when you push it over 70-80 mph, depending on the wind strength and direction. Tire noise was a problem until I replaced the tires and then it totally went away. So tires can make a big difference in ride noise/comfort. I think the car handles great. It's softly sprung so you will get some body lean, but for those willing to push the handling you will find it handles very well. It's also super comfortable. Tons of interior room. I don't like the big door in the back. I'd rather have a hatch, but that's just me. The wind can catch that door and slam it on you if you aren't paying attention. Ow. I've had my Cube over three years and I've definitely got the 'new car itch'. But I can't seem to find ANYTHING that I'm willing to swap my very affordable Cube for. I would DEFINITELY recommend this car to anyone. If you are hung up on status, then the Cube isn't for you. But if you want a fun, comfortable, useful, efficient, affordable car....I don't think you can beat the Cube. It's also a great car for a new driver. Great visibility, huge mirrors, and it's small and easy to park."

Safety Cubicle

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"Bought a '09 1.8s for my daughter a year ago. Over 14,000 miles driven with no problems. Nissan is way on top of any recalls for potential problems (weak door handles repalced & extended CVT warranty to 100,000 miles). The real testament is safety. Our daughters Cube was totaled in a wreck with an Infinity Q35 a month ago when the Q head-on/side swiped it) meeting drivers wheel to drivers wheel. All three drivers side airbags deployed (steering wheel, side curtain & seat) & she walked away with a lightly busted lip & a sore wrist!! Needless to say, I am working a deal on a 2010 Cube as I post this!! The new Cube has some more tech features added & thus is priced $600.00 above last years model but dealer financing is 2.99 so it more than makes up the difference."

Great vehicle to get around town with and roomy!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, great mileage, great price!"

Cons: "low ride and limited gear choices in snow."

"Enjoyed almost everything about this vehicle. Only downside is winter snow. The low ride and limited gear choices make winter snow difficult. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoy driving this vehicle. Great leg room all over, ability to lower back seats and carry cargo for trips with 3 or less, great turning ratio, great control on hills, easy entry into and exit from vehicle for everyone especially bigger folks, Consistent Gas mileage city or highway, many fun features available for car, and it is a highly rated for safety due to the numerous air bags."

Phenomenal Car!

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, fun, practical, economical"

Cons: "Wind noise and effect on car."

"I have owned a 2010 cube Krom edition for the past 3 years, and absolutely love it! The car is everything that anyone could ever want - economical, functional, roomy, filled with tech, quirky, fun, different, and practical. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and don't plan on getting rid of mine anytime soon."

Very satisfied with my cube .

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Exceptionally amount of passenger space ."

Cons: "Nothing that counts ."

"I was initially sceptical about this car , mostly about the CVT , but after driving it in city and on highways , in snow and on ice , I was truly impressed with its performance and gas milage ( measured city/highway combined 35/36 miles/gallon ). Went up the mountain 1000 ft in abt 10 miles with 4 adults and could keep it at 50 miles /hour in the straight aways , lower in the curvy parts . I was so impressed with this crazy looking car , that we ( my wife and I ) ended up with a his and her Cube ."

09 krom

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "lots off room I am 6ft 250 lbs ,Wife has bad back"

Cons: "Some time cross winds ."

"Owned this car 3 yes. We love it, got the cube as a second car for the wife but afer me useing it and with the price of gas-- I THINK OUR HONDA ODY IS NOW SECOND CAR ."

Fun to Drive. Excellent passanger comfort.

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Maneuverabilty, fuel mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Visors, plastic interior"

"People think this car is ugly or funny looking but we can tell you the comfort and space inside makes up for the looks. What I call creature comforts are all around. Large windows, multiple cup holders, easy to see and use knobs and shifter. Driving it is fun. Handles like any car of its size. Because your sitting up higher than most economy cars you can see all around. Elderly family members really like this car because of the higher than average seating, and large doors make it easier to get in and especially out of. A couple negatives are the interior plastic, that a lot of cars made now have, mars/scratches easily and has texture that make it hard to clean. Also the sun visors are overly large and should be longer or at least have a slide out to extend the length when needed. The small size and sharp turning makes maneuvering in and around parking lots easier than average cars. The sliding back seat helps when needing that extra cargo space. Overall this is a great commuter/transportation vehicle at a very reasonable cost for any family. 34 mpg average mileage saves a lot of money."

Almost Perfect Car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "power, maneauverability, gas milage, interior room"

Cons: "A/C vents, interior lights, bigger visors"

"No car is perfect in evey way, except my cube almost is. Nissan really got this one right! Contrary to current popular belief and information, cube was the first "shoe-box on wheels" having been manufactured and sold in Japan since 1998. The '09 and succeeding model cubes are the third generation of this superb little gas miser. I purchaed the loaded-with-all-the-bells-and-whistles SL trim. I love that push-button start! It's peppy, I have a lead foot and I do just fine in expressway driving, is a gas miser, I average 28.5 combined city/hwy, is extremely manueverable, has a less than 30 ft turning radius, plus I can out-drive just about anybody or vehicle in city traffic. The CVT tranny is outstanding and, besides providing all that gas economy, allows this little car to pull even the most steep highway grades with ease and maintain speed. I'm a big guy and I hate having to squeeze into a sardine can called a "compact" car. Not so with cube, there are big, wide doors and interior room aplenty for a big bull like me. The safety features are super, VDC makes this little "box" very stable in rain or snow, it's very sure footed, has excellent ABS brakes and all the air bags one can have in a car. A big plus is it's size, it's shorter than all the other "boxes" and is easily parked in the smallest spots. I love the quirky "asymetrical" design, the pond ripples on the ceiling panel and the boom box sound system. It's like a juke box on wheels and seats five adults easily. With the rear seatbacks down, there's plenty of room to tote almost anything, except maybe a refrigerator. Like I said, almost perfect! The A/C vents could use a little tweek, the dash wave design makes it difficult to direct airflow effectively, rear passengers should have their own air vents, the sun visors aren't long enough to shade the side windows and there really needs to be map lights for rear passengers. A glovebox light would help and Nissan should really consider making all glass energy efficient (e-glass). There is wind noise on the highway because of the square design, but, it's minimal and doesn't bother me. I dinged the relaibility because the BCM, body control module or main on-board computer had to be replaced at about 20,000 miles, but Nissan should have that problem under control by now. I've owned just about every kind of car there is and cube is the closest to perfection I've ever experienced. When this one wears out I'll gladly buy another! There's a lot of bang for the buck in a cube! Price/value is excellent!"

Unusually Deceiving...

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Low, Low Price, Well Built, Fun To Drive..."

Cons: "Could Use More Horsepower..."

"2009 Cube, Bought New... Just be aware this review is coming from an old guy who's owned many vehicles and this one reminds me so much like my new 1965 VW, my first new auto. First off it's rather unusual in looks, some would say ugly, but it is extremely functional and reliable. When I bought the vehicle I wasn't really impressed, all I was looking for was an inexpensive new car since I rode my motorcycle almost every day anyway; I just needed something with a roof for those rainy days. I looked at the Kia Soul and the salespeople were useless, so I checked out the Cube; told the salesperson what I wanted to put down and what I wanted for a monthly payment. He met all my demands except he did not have a stick shift in stock, found one and the rest is history. What are you getting in the Cube? A very different looking vehicle which is reliable, comfortable, roomy, pretty good on gas and fun to drive if you get a stick shift. I've already taken quite a few long road trips and it easily handles all my needs and it's also very comfortable over the long haul. Bottom Line, this puppy is definitely worth more than the price you pay. I suspect, in a few years, this car will have a reputation much like the old VW Bugs, it's just that kind of vehicle. I live out in the boonies, so this auto is driven very hard on very rough roads and any other cage would have rattles like crazy, but this guy is solid, very solid and well built too. Sure, The Cube doesn't handle like 1960 Porsche and can't go off road like my old '78 Range Rover, but it performs extremely well and I'm sure it will last many, many years, probably much longer than myself..."

very impressed

By on Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Shopped for weeks, dealers are so into there routine they don't realize an easy sale, They just want to talk about payments and trades, frankly they know very little about the actual vehicle. So do yourself a favor and research on your own. Finally found someone to answer questions and return calls. The cube was an easy choice, Im 6'4 and fit easily, the unique factor was a plus. I love the cvt tranny. First two tanks avg. 33 and 37 mpg. If your thru trying to impress others, do yourself a favor and test drive a cube."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals