2009 Nissan cube

9.3

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

ATTENTION GETTER CLOWN CAR

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy interior, conversation starter"

Cons: "low to ground, cross winds, gas fill location."

"I call it my clown car because it reminds me of the circus clown cars. I rarely go anywhere that someone does not ask me how I like it, or make some comment about it. How do I like it? I love it! I have hip issues and this car is perfect for me; not too high and not too low. Everyone is amazed at how much room it has inside. My sister owns a PT cruiser and her husband's head brushes the roof when he drives it, but he had left over head space in my cube. Turn radius great, comfy to drive, does not feel like a small car; have taken it on many long trips. Plenty of passing power. Plenty of storage room, seats lay down, very happy with it. After test driving 2 Kia Souls, which was the car I thought I wanted, I drove the cube and fell in love. Cube owners are fun folks; we wave at each other when we see another cube. What I do not like: Gas fill on passenger side means my painful hip has to go further to fill, the gas cap release button is really low and hard for me to reach without opening my door, a heavy person would find getting in or out of the back seats a little more challenging than the front; a little higher and not as much open door space but plenty of leg room. Strong cross winds do affect it and it sits low. I have hit the bottom of the car going over a speed bump and once straddling a chunk of tire on the highway, which my Ford Ranger would have gone over with no problem. That round shag carpet thingy on the dash, ugly, but it is removable. I just got used to it and it does hold things you might want to lay there. If you are looking for a small economical car that can save you gas money running around town but is comfortable enough for the long trips, test drive a cube before you buy."

FUN CAR TO DRIVE

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "lots of space, good gas mileage, unique look"

Cons: "Not comfortable on trips"

"Had it for 6 months. It's a paradox, looks really small outside, but its really big inside with tremendous head room. Great for in-town drivng as it's easy to park, gets 25-26 mpg. Nice interior with lots of glass, auto climate control. Seats very comfortable for short drives, gets uncomfortable taking a trip. People either love or hate it. First car I ever owned where people are always asking questions about it. I recommend it for city driving only. Don't take it on long trips."

Cube Review

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "good MPG, excellent price, spunky 4cyl."

Cons: "somewhat small truck space and backseat when child ca rseats are installed."

"The Cube is surprisingly powerful for a 4cyl., for a family of 4 with 2 car seats in the back seat it lacks for seating room, but without the car seats its good. Trunk space is better than any small hatchback but not a good as slightly larger SUVs with equal seating space. Compared to the Kia Soul which I test drove, it has more power and interior space. It handles very well in wet and windy road conditions. I get an average of 31mpg which is better than it is rated for. I drive regularly 20miles a day at speeds between 45 and 60mph most of the time. Is priced below 20,000! Very hard to find a car that gets over 30mpg with as much room at this price. I would not even consider the Scion XB because compared to the Cube the XB is over priced and less fuel efficient."

Got Cube? Love it.

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"I have had my Cube for one month, traded in my 03 Nissan Altima. This is my 4th Nissan. I was amazed by the large interior. Outside appears to be small but you get in & can not believe the interior area. My husband who is 6 ft tall and 255 lbs finds this very roomy and comfy to ride in. He is wantting to buy one for him to drive. I am getting 31 MPG now with mostly in town driving and a little highway. I love the transmission, no feeling of gears shifting at all. It has 7 cup holders in the front area. LOts of head room and feels very spacious, not cramped. The seats are wide and comfy like a recliner chair. I like the bluetooth in the stearing wheel, the radio sound is decent, although I did like my Bose system in the Altima better. I can park this car anywhere! Steering is very ...not sure what you call it, but I was doing donuts in the parking lot and could go around a light pole within 6 ft radius of the pole with no problem. Handles great in snow and ice which surprised me alot. Also, I love the design of the back door, you open the whole door like a car door, it's hinged on one side and the whole thing opens. I can put all my cleaning supplies in there, including my vacuum and brooms, mops, etc. The designs of the windows is great, it's wide open no blindspots like my Altima had. Easy to back up in. Very easy to hook a carseat in the backseat. Very sturdy frame and areas between doors and from the front windown to side doors area is wide and well framed. I think it would be good in a crash."

Shoud have not trade in !

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reason: Wife needed awd

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "0- bad"

"We put 4000 miles on wifes new 2015 nissan rogue sv that was very good in this years very bad winter weather in pittsburgh.But I wish we had not traded her 2009 cube in,it was a good , rooomy, comfy, always found a parking place , easy on gas and all around good car . But she needed a awd"

Love Nissans

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "great fuel aconomy, fun to drive, lots of space"

"I just traded my 2009 Nissan Versa for a 2011 Nissan cube. I LOVE IT! It gets GREAT gas milage and the interior is HUGE. I love how spacious it is and how great the visibility is. Its quiet and smooth. I like the IPOD hook up and the bluetooth fuction. The cup holders by the stearing wheel are incredibly handy. The car tells you how much miles you have left untill you need to refil. Its very comfortable and fun to drive. I have not stopped raving about this car!"

Great little car!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great on gas!"

"I love the car. It rides well and is fun to drive. I have lighted floorboards that I can make any color. At night, it's fun! I would highly recommend this car. It is also reasonably priced and great on gas getting 34 miles to the gallon."

I love my cube

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"The cube is totally fun to drive, comfortable, affordable and looks awesome!"

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cute inside, cup holders, comfy seat"

Cons: "ugly"

"I actually really love this vehicle. I purchased it after I totaled by Kia Soul 2011. My favorite feature of the entire car is the extra cup holder that is on the left side of the steering wheel. I know that sounds ridiculous, to have that feature be my favorite, but really it is great! Its such a nice option as well as many of the cup holders in the car. I love the futuristic look inside the car. I have an automatic and its not exactly a powerful car but I get actually great milage. I live in Seattle, so it is perfect for hills and stop and go traffic. The seats are great and feel like sofa cushion. I also love that the back seat can tilt back if you need! I have fit so much in my Cube! If you think this car looks small from the outside just wait and see how big it is inside. I've stuffed my car full of fencing materials from Home Depot, large boxes, a mattress, dog crates, everything-you name it! Personally, I think this car is almost as ugly as a PT Crusier, but its so ugly its cute! I get stopped by people all the time, wanting to know what it looks like inside and etc. A lot of the things I like about it are the asthetics, but I think that is because the car fits my mileage and driving needs! I would def tell people to take a second look at the car!"

Great funky little car!

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "roomy interior, good gas mileage, easy handling"

Cons: "could have a little more get up and go power"

"I love my Cube! I think I will get a newer one too when I am ready to get a new car. It handles great, gas is great, interior is bigger than it looks on the outside...really I have no complaints at all. I get looks everywhere I go cus it is so funky. Love it!"

you learn to ignore the naysayers!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Cons: "I do miss the sunglass holder.."

"I love my cube. I am not in the 'profile' that this car was aimed at. I would actually have preferred a small wagon- a Sentra sized wagon would have been perfect for me. The size will fool you- you cant believe what fits in it. I have 3 big dogs who fit w/ crates. I travel 4 times a year, 2 hours away, to purchase the dogs raw food. It all fits with room to spare in the cube, at 30+ mpg..I used to take a pickup because I couldn't fit it all in my Sentra, and used twice the gas"

Urban Unique

By on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Pros: "Easy to park, great mileage"

Cons: "Not most comfortable for long trips"

"This is a great urban car, easy to get in and out of spaces, and great on gas mileage. The design is funky and refreshing, and there is plenty of room for just about anything you are hauling. It isn't built for luxury or performance, but for the price, it is a practical car that also offers a unique look and driving experience."

The quality difference is unreal.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "All positives other than its boxy design."

Cons: "There are no negatives."

"This is the first 100% made in Japan vehicle that we have owned. The difference is noticable. It makes you wonder why we can't make them like this here in the USA. It also is puzzling as to why Nissan did not promote this vehicle more, offer it in more brighter colors, and 2014 is the last year for this model as it is being discontinued."

Fun car that attracts attention

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun car, Head turner, reliable, great sound system"

Cons: "strange air pressure when rear windows are down"

"I bought my Cube brand new and paid way less then I would have for another vehicle with the same options. The car has headroom to spare! Lots of get up and go for such a fuel efficient engine. Seats are large in the front captains chairs and I easily fit 3 across the back seat! Love the back up camera and bluetooth hands-free phone feature, as well as the great Rockford Fosgate sound system that came installed when I bought it. Lets me plug in my iphone or ipad straight into the dash and pulls my playlist into the stereo so I can use controls on my steering wheel to change songs, as well as having a aux jack for any other device! Have had the vehicle over 2 1/2 years and have never had to do anything except the standard maintenance. Great in snow, never gotten stuck! Huge wrap around windows make for next to no blind spots and just look cool! Love the accents on the interior roof and in all the cup holders as well as the speaker covers! Only beef is that when the rear windows are open at speeds above 30mph, the car makes a noise, which I think is caused by the ripple effect on the ceiling, that hurts the drivers ears...but no other passengers are effected by it...weird. Otherwise great car for a great price!!"

Comfy and Reliable

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, storage space, fun "disco" colors, &parking"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage-no passenger armrest,a bit "flimsy"

"This vehicle is very roomy and can haul a lot (the main reasons I purchased.) However, not good on gas mileage if you have to drive a lot. Also the overall quality is just OK. It can park almost anywhere -- best feature! However, it can blow around in the wind a bit. Overall fun little car, but I'm ready for something a bit more sophisticated."

Great little car but feels like a Golf cart:(

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Simple design lots of room super cute!"

Cons: "The ride is too bouncy and feels boungie"

"I knew when I bought it that it was just like a golf cart but after two years I think I'm done. It is fun and getting people in and out is super convenient. The seats are very very comfy and soft but so is the suspension and that can get old. Kind of boungie if that's a word. One other thing is the tires a very expensive for the Krom and if you get cheap ones you will regret it!!! The car feels like its going to die and the gas mileage is very very bad with the Fuzion tire. Not the cars fault I know but............."

Best , most fun vehicle ever.

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Great gas mileage and just a really fun to drive car , love it . My wife and i compete as to who will drive whenever we go somewhere."

AWESOME car!

By on Monday, April 04, 2011

"very small exterior, roomy interior, a engine that performs, and a transmission that shifts perfect, all brand new for $12,1XX is not a bad price, go for it!"

Much bigger on the inside than it looks

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, roomy interior"

Cons: "Could get better mileage and more power"

"I have owned this 2009 Nissan Cube for 4 years and I do really love it. It is funky looking but better than that is the interior is bigger than it looks, it gets decent gas mileage especially on the freeway, it is so easy to drive (easy like a go-kart), mechanically sound."

I love my cube !!!

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "We need a louder horn to honk"

"I have a 2009 Nissan cube. It just made 90,000 miles which is being serviced now at Nissan. We had no major issues with it. Great gas mileage, roomy space inside. I must say this little car rocks.."

Love, love, love my Cube

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, cup holders everywhere, artistic design"

Cons: "Only 1 power outlet, not many aftermarket parts"

"I have had my Cube for 4 years. It has proven to be great on gas (28 city/32 highway), dependable, and LOTS of fun to drive. Everyone is amazed by how roomy the interior is. On long drives, I would like to have the drivers seat move back a tad more but overall it is a great ride. Biggest downfall I have found is that aftermarket parts are mostly non-existent for this car. Research and creativity are key in keeping repair costs down. That being said, I have had very few issues with this vehicle."

so fun to drive! more get-up-n-go than you'd think

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

"I've had my Cube since the first month of their USA release (May 2009) and six years later I am still completely happy with it. I have had NO major problems of any sort and only minor work done during my entire time of ownership (new tires, tune-ups, regular oil changes as recommended) fun, reliable, unique car"

The best car on the road after some improvements.

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun, secure, big inside, comfortable, peppy"

Cons: "Side wind movement and windnoise at highway speeds"

For an oil change at the nissan service center

"I financed my 2009 Nissan Cube KROM almost 4 years ago (23000 miles). At the beginning I did not like the car, I check the S model an don't like it a week later I find the KROM model fully loaded an with all that personality in a little package. After I test drive the car I could not stop thinking about it. It had to be mine, so I changed my 2005 Sentra for the 2009 Cube Krom. I like to play underdog and with this car is all that way; it looks small but is big, it looks weird (ugly for some) but you feel cool on it, it appears under power but helped by the CVT, a K&N ColdAir Intake and stillen exhaust(installed myself) I can go from 0 to 60 in 7.5 to 8 sec surprising all the other drivers around (all of them with bigger and "faster" cars than mine). Also did I tell you, have free tires for life thanks to my car dealer. There is more, I can carry many kind of things, almost like a big SUV or a minivan; things like ottomans, chairs, tables, 47 inches TVs, steel shelf systems, 3 dozens of balloons, 4 full supermarket carts, etc. So many stories... Besides that I add a new baby to our family, so now we have a 4 year old child and a 8 months baby, the cat, my wife and my self. And we are comfortable. Perfect for the city and not bad for the Highway. I also add PIAA Fog Lights, Kenwood Navigation System, Rear view Camera and a set of Headrest DVD Monitors(this car is almost like a $50000.00 SUV). There is only one thing left to add, heated side view mirrors and this car will be the only car in my life. I want to pass this car to my son or drive it as long as I can, still have many years because I'm only 34 years old. Ther is a problem now, my wife is treating my that she is going to get her driving permit and she want to drive it. We may going to need to buy another Cube because this one is my and it has my name on it. I love this car, is a reflection, and extension of my self. If you give it a chance as I did you will not regret it."

For an oil change at the nissan service center

Great all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Economical vehicle without feeling cheap."

Cons: "No outdoor temp display"

"Have the six speed manual which gives me plenty of power when climbing hills as well as control on slick roads. Love the ergonomics. Easy to get in and out of car. Holds a tremendous amount of stuff. Great gas mileage. Great visibility. Plus it is just plain fun. Would recommend popping for really good tires once it's time to replace the tires that came with the car. Makes a world of difference in the smoothness of the drive. Also easy to park or drive in tight traffic because it is small on the outside. Oh and there are cup holders everywhere."

Stylistically I love it!

By on Friday, June 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun, stylish, different, deceptively spacious"

Cons: "Road noise, windshield issues, can't avoid the sun"

The day I bought it. Needless to say I was happy, the sales guys liked that I insisted on jumping for my photo.

"The Pros: I love this car, it gets a lot of comments and stares until people get inside it and see how roomy it is. I like the look of it although I know its not for everybody. I always liked the way they look and you can not beat the cabin space. I have moved dressers and mid sized furniture. Interior seats tall folks with comfort even though its really compact there is so much head space. Good gas mileage, love the driver size cupholder. I have the sound system and rainbow lights, push to start, keyless entry all awesome. The Cons: I do not like my fabric interior no mater how much I vacuum that thing hair seems to stick to the seats. Cabin noise, because of the shape of the car there is more road noise than I was used too previously. The window shades are teeny tiny and do not block the sun, invest in some sunglasses for you and all potential passengers. Also the nature of the way the windshield sits almost straight up and down it is prone to chips and cracks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals