2009 Nissan cube

9.3

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A great car

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, practical, comfortable, efficient."

Cons: "Big honkin' rear door, easy to dent/ding."

"I've been very happy with my 2009 Cube S that I bought new in early 2010. I've put over 50,000 miles on it. It's completely reliable. Any discussion of the Cube needs to keep the price of this vehicle in mind. I bought mine new for right around $14,000. A comparable equipped Honda Fit (in 2010) was right around $17,000. The quality of the car is very good. Yes, the body is made of a very thin metal skin and dents/dings/chips easily, but what do you expect at this price point? The car is great around town (Wash. DC) and works almost as well on the highway. It can get a bit noisy, but only when you push it over 70-80 mph, depending on the wind strength and direction. Tire noise was a problem until I replaced the tires and then it totally went away. So tires can make a big difference in ride noise/comfort. I think the car handles great. It's softly sprung so you will get some body lean, but for those willing to push the handling you will find it handles very well. It's also super comfortable. Tons of interior room. I don't like the big door in the back. I'd rather have a hatch, but that's just me. The wind can catch that door and slam it on you if you aren't paying attention. Ow. I've had my Cube over three years and I've definitely got the 'new car itch'. But I can't seem to find ANYTHING that I'm willing to swap my very affordable Cube for. I would DEFINITELY recommend this car to anyone. If you are hung up on status, then the Cube isn't for you. But if you want a fun, comfortable, useful, efficient, affordable car....I don't think you can beat the Cube. It's also a great car for a new driver. Great visibility, huge mirrors, and it's small and easy to park."

Safety Cubicle

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"Bought a '09 1.8s for my daughter a year ago. Over 14,000 miles driven with no problems. Nissan is way on top of any recalls for potential problems (weak door handles repalced & extended CVT warranty to 100,000 miles). The real testament is safety. Our daughters Cube was totaled in a wreck with an Infinity Q35 a month ago when the Q head-on/side swiped it) meeting drivers wheel to drivers wheel. All three drivers side airbags deployed (steering wheel, side curtain & seat) & she walked away with a lightly busted lip & a sore wrist!! Needless to say, I am working a deal on a 2010 Cube as I post this!! The new Cube has some more tech features added & thus is priced $600.00 above last years model but dealer financing is 2.99 so it more than makes up the difference."

Great vehicle to get around town with and roomy!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, great mileage, great price!"

Cons: "low ride and limited gear choices in snow."

"Enjoyed almost everything about this vehicle. Only downside is winter snow. The low ride and limited gear choices make winter snow difficult. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoy driving this vehicle. Great leg room all over, ability to lower back seats and carry cargo for trips with 3 or less, great turning ratio, great control on hills, easy entry into and exit from vehicle for everyone especially bigger folks, Consistent Gas mileage city or highway, many fun features available for car, and it is a highly rated for safety due to the numerous air bags."

Phenomenal Car!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, fun, practical, economical"

Cons: "Wind noise and effect on car."

"I have owned a 2010 cube Krom edition for the past 3 years, and absolutely love it! The car is everything that anyone could ever want - economical, functional, roomy, filled with tech, quirky, fun, different, and practical. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and don't plan on getting rid of mine anytime soon."

Very satisfied with my cube .

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Exceptionally amount of passenger space ."

Cons: "Nothing that counts ."

"I was initially sceptical about this car , mostly about the CVT , but after driving it in city and on highways , in snow and on ice , I was truly impressed with its performance and gas milage ( measured city/highway combined 35/36 miles/gallon ). Went up the mountain 1000 ft in abt 10 miles with 4 adults and could keep it at 50 miles /hour in the straight aways , lower in the curvy parts . I was so impressed with this crazy looking car , that we ( my wife and I ) ended up with a his and her Cube ."

Fun to Drive. Excellent passanger comfort.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Maneuverabilty, fuel mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Visors, plastic interior"

"People think this car is ugly or funny looking but we can tell you the comfort and space inside makes up for the looks. What I call creature comforts are all around. Large windows, multiple cup holders, easy to see and use knobs and shifter. Driving it is fun. Handles like any car of its size. Because your sitting up higher than most economy cars you can see all around. Elderly family members really like this car because of the higher than average seating, and large doors make it easier to get in and especially out of. A couple negatives are the interior plastic, that a lot of cars made now have, mars/scratches easily and has texture that make it hard to clean. Also the sun visors are overly large and should be longer or at least have a slide out to extend the length when needed. The small size and sharp turning makes maneuvering in and around parking lots easier than average cars. The sliding back seat helps when needing that extra cargo space. Overall this is a great commuter/transportation vehicle at a very reasonable cost for any family. 34 mpg average mileage saves a lot of money."

09 krom

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "lots off room I am 6ft 250 lbs ,Wife has bad back"

Cons: "Some time cross winds ."

"Owned this car 3 yes. We love it, got the cube as a second car for the wife but afer me useing it and with the price of gas-- I THINK OUR HONDA ODY IS NOW SECOND CAR ."

Unusually Deceiving...

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Low, Low Price, Well Built, Fun To Drive..."

Cons: "Could Use More Horsepower..."

"2009 Cube, Bought New... Just be aware this review is coming from an old guy who's owned many vehicles and this one reminds me so much like my new 1965 VW, my first new auto. First off it's rather unusual in looks, some would say ugly, but it is extremely functional and reliable. When I bought the vehicle I wasn't really impressed, all I was looking for was an inexpensive new car since I rode my motorcycle almost every day anyway; I just needed something with a roof for those rainy days. I looked at the Kia Soul and the salespeople were useless, so I checked out the Cube; told the salesperson what I wanted to put down and what I wanted for a monthly payment. He met all my demands except he did not have a stick shift in stock, found one and the rest is history. What are you getting in the Cube? A very different looking vehicle which is reliable, comfortable, roomy, pretty good on gas and fun to drive if you get a stick shift. I've already taken quite a few long road trips and it easily handles all my needs and it's also very comfortable over the long haul. Bottom Line, this puppy is definitely worth more than the price you pay. I suspect, in a few years, this car will have a reputation much like the old VW Bugs, it's just that kind of vehicle. I live out in the boonies, so this auto is driven very hard on very rough roads and any other cage would have rattles like crazy, but this guy is solid, very solid and well built too. Sure, The Cube doesn't handle like 1960 Porsche and can't go off road like my old '78 Range Rover, but it performs extremely well and I'm sure it will last many, many years, probably much longer than myself..."

Almost Perfect Car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "power, maneauverability, gas milage, interior room"

Cons: "A/C vents, interior lights, bigger visors"

"No car is perfect in evey way, except my cube almost is. Nissan really got this one right! Contrary to current popular belief and information, cube was the first "shoe-box on wheels" having been manufactured and sold in Japan since 1998. The '09 and succeeding model cubes are the third generation of this superb little gas miser. I purchaed the loaded-with-all-the-bells-and-whistles SL trim. I love that push-button start! It's peppy, I have a lead foot and I do just fine in expressway driving, is a gas miser, I average 28.5 combined city/hwy, is extremely manueverable, has a less than 30 ft turning radius, plus I can out-drive just about anybody or vehicle in city traffic. The CVT tranny is outstanding and, besides providing all that gas economy, allows this little car to pull even the most steep highway grades with ease and maintain speed. I'm a big guy and I hate having to squeeze into a sardine can called a "compact" car. Not so with cube, there are big, wide doors and interior room aplenty for a big bull like me. The safety features are super, VDC makes this little "box" very stable in rain or snow, it's very sure footed, has excellent ABS brakes and all the air bags one can have in a car. A big plus is it's size, it's shorter than all the other "boxes" and is easily parked in the smallest spots. I love the quirky "asymetrical" design, the pond ripples on the ceiling panel and the boom box sound system. It's like a juke box on wheels and seats five adults easily. With the rear seatbacks down, there's plenty of room to tote almost anything, except maybe a refrigerator. Like I said, almost perfect! The A/C vents could use a little tweek, the dash wave design makes it difficult to direct airflow effectively, rear passengers should have their own air vents, the sun visors aren't long enough to shade the side windows and there really needs to be map lights for rear passengers. A glovebox light would help and Nissan should really consider making all glass energy efficient (e-glass). There is wind noise on the highway because of the square design, but, it's minimal and doesn't bother me. I dinged the relaibility because the BCM, body control module or main on-board computer had to be replaced at about 20,000 miles, but Nissan should have that problem under control by now. I've owned just about every kind of car there is and cube is the closest to perfection I've ever experienced. When this one wears out I'll gladly buy another! There's a lot of bang for the buck in a cube! Price/value is excellent!"

very impressed

By on Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Shopped for weeks, dealers are so into there routine they don't realize an easy sale, They just want to talk about payments and trades, frankly they know very little about the actual vehicle. So do yourself a favor and research on your own. Finally found someone to answer questions and return calls. The cube was an easy choice, Im 6'4 and fit easily, the unique factor was a plus. I love the cvt tranny. First two tanks avg. 33 and 37 mpg. If your thru trying to impress others, do yourself a favor and test drive a cube."

awesome

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

"first it is so comfortable to drive, because of the styling visibility is fantastic, very roomy I am claustrophobic and do no feel closed in at all . gas mileage is wonderful , color is beautiful wish they had continued the caribbean blue in their newer models just love this car! you can carry almost anything because of the fold down seats and cargo space air conditioned works great and the service Nissan gives you is wonderful ."

best

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage,"

Cons: "love the cup holder on the drivers side"

"no complaints whatsoever on this little suv. headroom is spectacular along with nice seating and oh such great gas mileage. have had it on long trips and short trips. no complaints. nice little ride. everybody tells me its so ugly it is cute. 63000 miles on it and haven't turned a screw. just lube and oil and new tires awhile ago."

Wife wanted it - its a yes dear car !

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "GREAT SMALL CAR LOVE THE CVT TRANS. EASY TO PARK"

Cons: "CROSS WINDS ."

"Found it used in 5/25/10 [1400 miles, yes 1400 miles] wife loved it, she has bad back she can get in & out easy and drives great, I bought it then for her, now she owns it and I get to use my honda ody again but after me driving her cube I love also, roomy, comfortable and it gets good gas mileage,we use it a lot . [34202 miles -- 9/17/12 -- no trouble]"

Good Car, Cute Too!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "price, cuteness, mpg, bluetooth, mp3/ipod"

Cons: "road noise, no rear vents, no armrest on passenger"

"I love my 2011 Nissan Cube S. I got it from the dealership that I work at. I could've chosen any car, and chose the Cube. It seats my 2 kids great, although we will see in about 6 months how it seats 3! We get excellent gas mileage, and it is extremely comfortable. The only thing that I wish it had was a armrest on the passenger seat, and I wish it had vents in the back for the kids, because sometimes I freeze to cool them off. I can plug in an iPod, or auxillary cord for other mp3 players. I love the ripple look on the roof, that also corresponds to the rippled cupholders and speakers! Also sufficient space in the back and the back door opens like the side doors. ENDLESS CUPHOLDERS! Just an overall awesome car."

great car for the money

By on Sunday, November 07, 2010

"The cube has plenty of room, and is above average in city fuel economy. It is very comfortable, and the ride is smooth for a small car. It cannot be beat for the price."

Good car

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Reason: Wife needed new car

Pros: "roomy, great mpg,always could find a place to park"

Cons: "O"

"Just traded wifes 2009 cube, kids moved to ohio longer trip lots of hills . Needed awd so traded cube in for 2015 rogue sv, we like the rogue but sure miss the cube !"

Happy with Cube, a real work horse

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, good mileage."

Cons: "Side wind and noise on highway."

With gun metal factory alloys, not yet lowered. FUN TO DRIVE!!

"I bought my 2010 Cube used at my local dealer with 42,000 miles 7months ago. I had a Chrysler PT Cruiser for over 6 years. PT broke and didn't want to sink another dollar in it. I've been looking at the Cube since I seen the first vehicles were coming here In 2009. First month here, I test drove one and fell in love with it. Well the PT was still alive and maybe someday. July 2012 was my time too look. Wanted a SL but settled for the S. The S was well equipped as I wanted the Bluetooth and radio controls on the steering wheel. I use my vehicles for work, I throw papers and soon after began a new job as a courier driving many miles a day. Gas mileage is good for this vehicle. I'm used to 16-18mpg now I'm averaging 28-31mpg. I've put 30,000 miles on my cube in 6 months! With the only thing to buy was oil changes and tires. I had a 60k service done at the dealer and everything still good. With many reasons why i wanted this Cube some was no timing belt, 100% japan made (had a 1984 Nissan p/u),style and many more. Wind is a little problem with the high profile, i lowered my Cube and is less twitchy in winds now. I've now done other things to personalize my cube with cold air intake, chipped, gun metal factory alloys, and tow hitch. LOVE IT!! Highly recommend anyone looking for a vehicle look at this Cube."

With gun metal factory alloys, not yet lowered. FUN TO DRIVE!!

Love this car!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and an attention getter"

Cons: "Not enough storage space and big visors"

"Love this car! Great on gas mileage and very roomy. The car doesn't have a center console and it doesn't have many spaces to put things. It does have hooks but I hook up my ipod I have to put the Ipod in a cupholder because there isn't a space to put it. The blue tooth is awesome. The visors are large so it blocks most of your view when you pull it down. I end up having to push the visor all the way to the windsheild in order to see. Overall, I love the car, The complaints are minor and obviously I can deal with them. :-)"

best vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "safe, reliable, roomy, fun to drive"

Cons: "na"

"I love this car itis roomy, comfortable and safe, it handles like a dream in the snow and ice. the safety features are great it saved me from serious injuries when i was broadsided by another car. you cannot beat the value or the price i would recommend this car to everyone it has more room than what it appears to have."

FUN, FUN, FUN

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great price and so much fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had two armrests in the front"

"Own 2009 Nissan Krom Cube and I honestly love it. This is the perfect run for my dog and I. Have taken out of state numerous times with no troubles, great mileage, in and out of traffic quickly. Ms Daisy has a doggie booster seat which fits perfectly, her stroller stores perfectly. Love the sunvisors because I am short and the visors do keep the sun out of my eyes and Ms Daisy's. Love this vehicle it is perfect for me and my needs. My husband likes it too, although he will not admit it but he got it for Ms Daisy and I are VERY pleased. Odd looking yes, comfortable yes...perfect...PERFECT.. for my needs."

excellent car for the money

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "every single thing about it."

Cons: "rear drum brakes not as good as discs"

"Our cube is the most comfortable vehicle we've driven in many years, and we both have worked at several dealerships in the past. It's cute, quiet, has enough power, great visibility, incredible sound system, a/c that will freeze you. Both of us are good sized and we have plenty of room, there's enough room in the passenger seats for adults, and the rear storage holds all the groceries and beer we can buy. We have consistently gotten right at 35 mpg. This may be the car we keep for a long time instead of selling and buying something else every year."

Best Car Ever!!!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, 10 cupholders, many options"

Cons: "not too good in the snow"

"I have owned this car for over a year and it is truthfully my favorite thing in the world. My parents own two Escalades that I have driven and this is a much better and much more fun drive. The overall quality is wonderful and the inside is extremely roomy. Much more than I ever expected"

Seriously an awesome vehicle!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "So many things can fit in it! and it is super funky! and there are a million cup holders!"

Cons: "only con is how much you hate getting in any one else's car after driving it!"

"This car is awesome! I bought the base model in a standard last year and it brought me through a horrible winter with such ease! I use this car like a utility vehicle! It has carried drywall, couches, tables, you name it. I just love everything about my funky little funkmachine! And people always ask me, "hey how do you like that car? is that your cube back there? what kind of car is that?" It always raises eye brows and seriously at the price of $14k out the door I could not beat it!"

Great little car

By on Saturday, March 19, 2011

"I'm a big guy, 360lbs. I'm very comfortable in this car. Both in terms of comfort and support as well as room to move around. We have 5 kids and always have 3 in the back. 2 booster seats and bigger kid in the middle with out any problems. Love the drivers cup holder. Love the way people look at the car. Love the fit and finish, better than my last 5 Fords. Loaded up with mom dad and 3 kids it is a little slow to get up to speed. But it does cruise right along at 75-80 with no problem. Only gets about 26mpg in combined driving, not really aerodynamic after all. More than enough room in the the back. Really do love this car and will buy another in a few years used for a few less $$'s. We bought ours current model year (2010) used. From day one we've been right side up in the car. Ahead if we sell it on our own. I think this little car, if they end it's run in 2011, has some collect ability in the future. If you have a chance, buy a Cube."

Roomy ride

By on Saturday, May 01, 2010

"Bought my cube in august 2009, it has lots of room, it's just the right size for those tight parking spaces. It has like 7 cup holders.It's great on gas. My only complaint is you can hear outside noise when you drive on the highway. Other than that it's a super cool vehicle. If you get a cube also realize that you will get a lot of attention about the car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals