2009 Nissan cube

9.3

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Almost Perfect Car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "power, maneauverability, gas milage, interior room"

Cons: "A/C vents, interior lights, bigger visors"

"No car is perfect in evey way, except my cube almost is. Nissan really got this one right! Contrary to current popular belief and information, cube was the first "shoe-box on wheels" having been manufactured and sold in Japan since 1998. The '09 and succeeding model cubes are the third generation of this superb little gas miser. I purchaed the loaded-with-all-the-bells-and-whistles SL trim. I love that push-button start! It's peppy, I have a lead foot and I do just fine in expressway driving, is a gas miser, I average 28.5 combined city/hwy, is extremely manueverable, has a less than 30 ft turning radius, plus I can out-drive just about anybody or vehicle in city traffic. The CVT tranny is outstanding and, besides providing all that gas economy, allows this little car to pull even the most steep highway grades with ease and maintain speed. I'm a big guy and I hate having to squeeze into a sardine can called a "compact" car. Not so with cube, there are big, wide doors and interior room aplenty for a big bull like me. The safety features are super, VDC makes this little "box" very stable in rain or snow, it's very sure footed, has excellent ABS brakes and all the air bags one can have in a car. A big plus is it's size, it's shorter than all the other "boxes" and is easily parked in the smallest spots. I love the quirky "asymetrical" design, the pond ripples on the ceiling panel and the boom box sound system. It's like a juke box on wheels and seats five adults easily. With the rear seatbacks down, there's plenty of room to tote almost anything, except maybe a refrigerator. Like I said, almost perfect! The A/C vents could use a little tweek, the dash wave design makes it difficult to direct airflow effectively, rear passengers should have their own air vents, the sun visors aren't long enough to shade the side windows and there really needs to be map lights for rear passengers. A glovebox light would help and Nissan should really consider making all glass energy efficient (e-glass). There is wind noise on the highway because of the square design, but, it's minimal and doesn't bother me. I dinged the relaibility because the BCM, body control module or main on-board computer had to be replaced at about 20,000 miles, but Nissan should have that problem under control by now. I've owned just about every kind of car there is and cube is the closest to perfection I've ever experienced. When this one wears out I'll gladly buy another! There's a lot of bang for the buck in a cube! Price/value is excellent!"

very impressed

By on Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Shopped for weeks, dealers are so into there routine they don't realize an easy sale, They just want to talk about payments and trades, frankly they know very little about the actual vehicle. So do yourself a favor and research on your own. Finally found someone to answer questions and return calls. The cube was an easy choice, Im 6'4 and fit easily, the unique factor was a plus. I love the cvt tranny. First two tanks avg. 33 and 37 mpg. If your thru trying to impress others, do yourself a favor and test drive a cube."

awesome

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

"first it is so comfortable to drive, because of the styling visibility is fantastic, very roomy I am claustrophobic and do no feel closed in at all . gas mileage is wonderful , color is beautiful wish they had continued the caribbean blue in their newer models just love this car! you can carry almost anything because of the fold down seats and cargo space air conditioned works great and the service Nissan gives you is wonderful ."

best

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage,"

Cons: "love the cup holder on the drivers side"

"no complaints whatsoever on this little suv. headroom is spectacular along with nice seating and oh such great gas mileage. have had it on long trips and short trips. no complaints. nice little ride. everybody tells me its so ugly it is cute. 63000 miles on it and haven't turned a screw. just lube and oil and new tires awhile ago."

Wife wanted it - its a yes dear car !

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "GREAT SMALL CAR LOVE THE CVT TRANS. EASY TO PARK"

Cons: "CROSS WINDS ."

"Found it used in 5/25/10 [1400 miles, yes 1400 miles] wife loved it, she has bad back she can get in & out easy and drives great, I bought it then for her, now she owns it and I get to use my honda ody again but after me driving her cube I love also, roomy, comfortable and it gets good gas mileage,we use it a lot . [34202 miles -- 9/17/12 -- no trouble]"

Good Car, Cute Too!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "price, cuteness, mpg, bluetooth, mp3/ipod"

Cons: "road noise, no rear vents, no armrest on passenger"

"I love my 2011 Nissan Cube S. I got it from the dealership that I work at. I could've chosen any car, and chose the Cube. It seats my 2 kids great, although we will see in about 6 months how it seats 3! We get excellent gas mileage, and it is extremely comfortable. The only thing that I wish it had was a armrest on the passenger seat, and I wish it had vents in the back for the kids, because sometimes I freeze to cool them off. I can plug in an iPod, or auxillary cord for other mp3 players. I love the ripple look on the roof, that also corresponds to the rippled cupholders and speakers! Also sufficient space in the back and the back door opens like the side doors. ENDLESS CUPHOLDERS! Just an overall awesome car."

great car for the money

By on Sunday, November 07, 2010

"The cube has plenty of room, and is above average in city fuel economy. It is very comfortable, and the ride is smooth for a small car. It cannot be beat for the price."

Good car

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Reason: Wife needed new car

Pros: "roomy, great mpg,always could find a place to park"

Cons: "O"

"Just traded wifes 2009 cube, kids moved to ohio longer trip lots of hills . Needed awd so traded cube in for 2015 rogue sv, we like the rogue but sure miss the cube !"

Happy with Cube, a real work horse

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, good mileage."

Cons: "Side wind and noise on highway."

With gun metal factory alloys, not yet lowered. FUN TO DRIVE!!

"I bought my 2010 Cube used at my local dealer with 42,000 miles 7months ago. I had a Chrysler PT Cruiser for over 6 years. PT broke and didn't want to sink another dollar in it. I've been looking at the Cube since I seen the first vehicles were coming here In 2009. First month here, I test drove one and fell in love with it. Well the PT was still alive and maybe someday. July 2012 was my time too look. Wanted a SL but settled for the S. The S was well equipped as I wanted the Bluetooth and radio controls on the steering wheel. I use my vehicles for work, I throw papers and soon after began a new job as a courier driving many miles a day. Gas mileage is good for this vehicle. I'm used to 16-18mpg now I'm averaging 28-31mpg. I've put 30,000 miles on my cube in 6 months! With the only thing to buy was oil changes and tires. I had a 60k service done at the dealer and everything still good. With many reasons why i wanted this Cube some was no timing belt, 100% japan made (had a 1984 Nissan p/u),style and many more. Wind is a little problem with the high profile, i lowered my Cube and is less twitchy in winds now. I've now done other things to personalize my cube with cold air intake, chipped, gun metal factory alloys, and tow hitch. LOVE IT!! Highly recommend anyone looking for a vehicle look at this Cube."

With gun metal factory alloys, not yet lowered. FUN TO DRIVE!!

Love this car!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and an attention getter"

Cons: "Not enough storage space and big visors"

"Love this car! Great on gas mileage and very roomy. The car doesn't have a center console and it doesn't have many spaces to put things. It does have hooks but I hook up my ipod I have to put the Ipod in a cupholder because there isn't a space to put it. The blue tooth is awesome. The visors are large so it blocks most of your view when you pull it down. I end up having to push the visor all the way to the windsheild in order to see. Overall, I love the car, The complaints are minor and obviously I can deal with them. :-)"

best vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "safe, reliable, roomy, fun to drive"

Cons: "na"

"I love this car itis roomy, comfortable and safe, it handles like a dream in the snow and ice. the safety features are great it saved me from serious injuries when i was broadsided by another car. you cannot beat the value or the price i would recommend this car to everyone it has more room than what it appears to have."

FUN, FUN, FUN

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great price and so much fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had two armrests in the front"

"Own 2009 Nissan Krom Cube and I honestly love it. This is the perfect run for my dog and I. Have taken out of state numerous times with no troubles, great mileage, in and out of traffic quickly. Ms Daisy has a doggie booster seat which fits perfectly, her stroller stores perfectly. Love the sunvisors because I am short and the visors do keep the sun out of my eyes and Ms Daisy's. Love this vehicle it is perfect for me and my needs. My husband likes it too, although he will not admit it but he got it for Ms Daisy and I are VERY pleased. Odd looking yes, comfortable yes...perfect...PERFECT.. for my needs."

excellent car for the money

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "every single thing about it."

Cons: "rear drum brakes not as good as discs"

"Our cube is the most comfortable vehicle we've driven in many years, and we both have worked at several dealerships in the past. It's cute, quiet, has enough power, great visibility, incredible sound system, a/c that will freeze you. Both of us are good sized and we have plenty of room, there's enough room in the passenger seats for adults, and the rear storage holds all the groceries and beer we can buy. We have consistently gotten right at 35 mpg. This may be the car we keep for a long time instead of selling and buying something else every year."

Best Car Ever!!!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, 10 cupholders, many options"

Cons: "not too good in the snow"

"I have owned this car for over a year and it is truthfully my favorite thing in the world. My parents own two Escalades that I have driven and this is a much better and much more fun drive. The overall quality is wonderful and the inside is extremely roomy. Much more than I ever expected"

Seriously an awesome vehicle!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "So many things can fit in it! and it is super funky! and there are a million cup holders!"

Cons: "only con is how much you hate getting in any one else's car after driving it!"

"This car is awesome! I bought the base model in a standard last year and it brought me through a horrible winter with such ease! I use this car like a utility vehicle! It has carried drywall, couches, tables, you name it. I just love everything about my funky little funkmachine! And people always ask me, "hey how do you like that car? is that your cube back there? what kind of car is that?" It always raises eye brows and seriously at the price of $14k out the door I could not beat it!"

Great little car

By on Saturday, March 19, 2011

"I'm a big guy, 360lbs. I'm very comfortable in this car. Both in terms of comfort and support as well as room to move around. We have 5 kids and always have 3 in the back. 2 booster seats and bigger kid in the middle with out any problems. Love the drivers cup holder. Love the way people look at the car. Love the fit and finish, better than my last 5 Fords. Loaded up with mom dad and 3 kids it is a little slow to get up to speed. But it does cruise right along at 75-80 with no problem. Only gets about 26mpg in combined driving, not really aerodynamic after all. More than enough room in the the back. Really do love this car and will buy another in a few years used for a few less $$'s. We bought ours current model year (2010) used. From day one we've been right side up in the car. Ahead if we sell it on our own. I think this little car, if they end it's run in 2011, has some collect ability in the future. If you have a chance, buy a Cube."

Roomy ride

By on Saturday, May 01, 2010

"Bought my cube in august 2009, it has lots of room, it's just the right size for those tight parking spaces. It has like 7 cup holders.It's great on gas. My only complaint is you can hear outside noise when you drive on the highway. Other than that it's a super cool vehicle. If you get a cube also realize that you will get a lot of attention about the car."

ATTENTION GETTER CLOWN CAR

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy interior, conversation starter"

Cons: "low to ground, cross winds, gas fill location."

"I call it my clown car because it reminds me of the circus clown cars. I rarely go anywhere that someone does not ask me how I like it, or make some comment about it. How do I like it? I love it! I have hip issues and this car is perfect for me; not too high and not too low. Everyone is amazed at how much room it has inside. My sister owns a PT cruiser and her husband's head brushes the roof when he drives it, but he had left over head space in my cube. Turn radius great, comfy to drive, does not feel like a small car; have taken it on many long trips. Plenty of passing power. Plenty of storage room, seats lay down, very happy with it. After test driving 2 Kia Souls, which was the car I thought I wanted, I drove the cube and fell in love. Cube owners are fun folks; we wave at each other when we see another cube. What I do not like: Gas fill on passenger side means my painful hip has to go further to fill, the gas cap release button is really low and hard for me to reach without opening my door, a heavy person would find getting in or out of the back seats a little more challenging than the front; a little higher and not as much open door space but plenty of leg room. Strong cross winds do affect it and it sits low. I have hit the bottom of the car going over a speed bump and once straddling a chunk of tire on the highway, which my Ford Ranger would have gone over with no problem. That round shag carpet thingy on the dash, ugly, but it is removable. I just got used to it and it does hold things you might want to lay there. If you are looking for a small economical car that can save you gas money running around town but is comfortable enough for the long trips, test drive a cube before you buy."

FUN CAR TO DRIVE

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "lots of space, good gas mileage, unique look"

Cons: "Not comfortable on trips"

"Had it for 6 months. It's a paradox, looks really small outside, but its really big inside with tremendous head room. Great for in-town drivng as it's easy to park, gets 25-26 mpg. Nice interior with lots of glass, auto climate control. Seats very comfortable for short drives, gets uncomfortable taking a trip. People either love or hate it. First car I ever owned where people are always asking questions about it. I recommend it for city driving only. Don't take it on long trips."

Cube Review

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "good MPG, excellent price, spunky 4cyl."

Cons: "somewhat small truck space and backseat when child ca rseats are installed."

"The Cube is surprisingly powerful for a 4cyl., for a family of 4 with 2 car seats in the back seat it lacks for seating room, but without the car seats its good. Trunk space is better than any small hatchback but not a good as slightly larger SUVs with equal seating space. Compared to the Kia Soul which I test drove, it has more power and interior space. It handles very well in wet and windy road conditions. I get an average of 31mpg which is better than it is rated for. I drive regularly 20miles a day at speeds between 45 and 60mph most of the time. Is priced below 20,000! Very hard to find a car that gets over 30mpg with as much room at this price. I would not even consider the Scion XB because compared to the Cube the XB is over priced and less fuel efficient."

Got Cube? Love it.

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"I have had my Cube for one month, traded in my 03 Nissan Altima. This is my 4th Nissan. I was amazed by the large interior. Outside appears to be small but you get in & can not believe the interior area. My husband who is 6 ft tall and 255 lbs finds this very roomy and comfy to ride in. He is wantting to buy one for him to drive. I am getting 31 MPG now with mostly in town driving and a little highway. I love the transmission, no feeling of gears shifting at all. It has 7 cup holders in the front area. LOts of head room and feels very spacious, not cramped. The seats are wide and comfy like a recliner chair. I like the bluetooth in the stearing wheel, the radio sound is decent, although I did like my Bose system in the Altima better. I can park this car anywhere! Steering is very ...not sure what you call it, but I was doing donuts in the parking lot and could go around a light pole within 6 ft radius of the pole with no problem. Handles great in snow and ice which surprised me alot. Also, I love the design of the back door, you open the whole door like a car door, it's hinged on one side and the whole thing opens. I can put all my cleaning supplies in there, including my vacuum and brooms, mops, etc. The designs of the windows is great, it's wide open no blindspots like my Altima had. Easy to back up in. Very easy to hook a carseat in the backseat. Very sturdy frame and areas between doors and from the front windown to side doors area is wide and well framed. I think it would be good in a crash."

Shoud have not trade in !

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reason: Wife needed awd

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "0- bad"

"We put 4000 miles on wifes new 2015 nissan rogue sv that was very good in this years very bad winter weather in pittsburgh.But I wish we had not traded her 2009 cube in,it was a good , rooomy, comfy, always found a parking place , easy on gas and all around good car . But she needed a awd"

Love Nissans

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "great fuel aconomy, fun to drive, lots of space"

"I just traded my 2009 Nissan Versa for a 2011 Nissan cube. I LOVE IT! It gets GREAT gas milage and the interior is HUGE. I love how spacious it is and how great the visibility is. Its quiet and smooth. I like the IPOD hook up and the bluetooth fuction. The cup holders by the stearing wheel are incredibly handy. The car tells you how much miles you have left untill you need to refil. Its very comfortable and fun to drive. I have not stopped raving about this car!"

Great little car!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great on gas!"

"I love the car. It rides well and is fun to drive. I have lighted floorboards that I can make any color. At night, it's fun! I would highly recommend this car. It is also reasonably priced and great on gas getting 34 miles to the gallon."

city cube

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"This car is used in a smaal suburban location. Easy to drive and park. With the leather seats VERY COMFORTABLE. Sufficient power on hgwy withgood mpg 33-34 city 32"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals