2009 Nissan cube

9.3

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Cute and Japanese

By on Friday, August 7, 2009

"Just got this car through C4C and it was a perfect buy! The outside styling is very unique and quirky but serves a functional purpose. The added visibility is a big benefit for city driving. I am a young adult and it serves all my needs for cargo and passenger space. The cargo could actually be bigger but since there is no loss in passenger comfort so I can let it slide. Driving around town is where the cube shines. Plenty of people curious about it's unique styling makes for a great conversation starter. It is peppy enough to satisfy passing and stop and go traffic. The CVT shines through rigorous traffic always getting optimal MPG. The styling may be ahead of its time but once inside you forget what you are driving and the standard features definitely outweigh any issues you might have."

Still impressed after 2 yrs.

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, economical"

Cons: "bluetooth can be bothersome, cheap wheel covers"

"Let's start with negatives. 1. The wheel covers are VERY cheaply made and have been replaced due to breaking when tires were rotated. 2. A mute button on the steering wheel would be nice. 3. Due to the unique design it attracts stone chips on the front of the vehicle. 4. Nissan dealers never stop trying to oversell, can't stand going there. Thats it. The car has been very reliable, Im 6'4" and 215lbs and have more then enough room, I've been on two trips around the country in "cubert" averaged 34.7 mpg. in everything from West coast traffic to Colorado mountains. I am tired of people with no knowledge of the vehicle, driving there big useless sedans telling me how ugly it is. I tell them it's the future and they drive the past."

Drive the cube & you will buy the cube

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I was first attracted to the cube because Nissan went outside the box and designed the car with the unique asymetrical lines. I am so tired of all the cars looking the same. I was impressed with the way it drives considering its MSRP was only $16640. Fantastic little scoot for in town driving! I am averaging 27.5 mpg doing 100% in town, stop and go driving. This is the first new car I have owned that actually gets within 1 mile of epa rating. I have had MANY other new cars ranging from suv to luxury sedan and ALL other cars were 5 mpg or more less than epa rated when doing 100% in town, stop and go driving. I did take one 200 mile road trip on 2 lane mountain highway and my mpg was 37.9. I love the fact that the engine's camshafts are CHAIN driven, not TIMING BELT driven. And this Nissan is made in Japan! I purchased a Bitter Chocolate 1.8s and will enjoy this cube for years to come!"

Not sure why Nissan doesn't advertise this car

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"This thing is awesome! It's the roomiest compact out there. Among it's closest related cars, the Kia and the Scion, it is the slowest and most fuel efficient. I was concerned whether it could travel at high speeds but I've had it over 90 without a problem. I get about 30mpg all the time whether I'm on the highway or in the city (it's not exactly aero-dynamic). It's loaded with options and very easy to drive. My kids can stand up in the back seat while they get in but if I want more trunk space I can slide the rear seat forward an entire foot leaving them legroom like any compact but a huge cargo area. It did very well on ice when I traveled. The seat jacks way up giving very good visibility. I drove it 25 miles on a pretty rough dirt road through the mountains and it performed well. I can fit a bicycle inside it with the seats laid down."

Worth Every Penny .....

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Have had my Cube SL for over a year, 18,000 miles, first set of tires gone at 17,000 miles, found out the original tires are a very soft compound and they need more attention then the owners manual states. Had a hard time finding the original tire size. All recalls have been handled promptly. The car is getting between 28 - 30 MPG, CVT driveline, depends on if the A/C is running. Love the touch button start system along with the Fossgate sound system with blue tooth, ipod and XM Satelite is sweet. The car is huge on the inside, I have had 6' tall people get in the car with a cowboy hat on and never bump the ceiling. This car stops on a dime and gives you 6 cents of change! It corners like it is on rails and the 1.8L - 4 cylinder engine will suprise you with above average power. Looks like someone did a nice job of figuring the horsepower to weight ratio half way descent. Auto headlight sytstem works great and it has all the power options of a big car including keyless entry. Inside carpet is not good quality, rear door light is worthless, the rest of the interior is very nice and well lit. Front of car is almost flat so rock chips are showing on the paint and windsheild. My wife loves this car due to the fact that it is so easy to get in and out of the seats as the Cube has a very low door threshold that you won't have to drag your leg up & over and when you turn to get out of the car you don't have to slide down to the street, it's like getting out of a comfortable chair. Bottom line is the Cube is fun to drive, it's economical and it is a roomy car that has enough going for it that I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Let's see how the re-sale value holds up."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals